Damaged my knees. Whats a good over the pants kneeguard?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/28/2016 9:00 AM

So in the last 2 montha Ive injured both my kneecaps pretty badly in falls. One has a chip taken off of it and the other is just banged the fuck up so Im looking to get kneepads that are easy to put on over your pants when u ride. I drive a lot for work so keep.my bike in my vehicle and jump out and ride street spots or parks I come across and wanna be able.to throw the pads on and off without taking my pants off etc etc etc.

|

3/28/2016 11:38 AM

That can also depend how baggy your pants are.

I run straight leg pants from target and they are good for the Bicycle Union pads I have for under the pants. I tend to wear shorts in the summer, so that's easy.

I also have some Protec kneepads (the huge ones) which are GREAT when it comes to falling, but are a bit of a pain for over the pants.

Keep in mind, kneepads over the pants means sweat stains on your knees after like 15 mins of riding, and it looks goofy.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/28/2016 6:59 PM

Lol thanks.. i do it already with shin guards so Im prettt broken in to the sweaty pants blues. I usually wear tighter pants to capitalize on my fantastic derriere while riding and of course shorts in summer which is why i was asking about over the pant styles. I guess im looking more for convenience of on and off cuz i hop out and ride spots all over and well its tedious to squeeze into knee pads each time and im kinda scared of riding without them now.

|

3/29/2016 11:30 AM

Sean_Goff wrote:

Lol thanks.. i do it already with shin guards so Im prettt broken in to the sweaty pants blues. I usually wear tighter pants ...more

It's rare I ride without pads anymore. Riding without a helmet feels super weird to me too.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura