Danger

Related:
Create New Tag

12/17/2018 8:54 AM

What are some of the most dangerous situations or setups you've had while riding? Currently i am riding a cracked colony sweet tooth v4 which is cracked halfway around the downtube and headtube and i ride mostly street so i enjoy hopping 7 stairs and stuff like that. Im basically waiting to kill myself on my bike because if i dont aquire the money to afford a new one im toast. So whats everyones scary stories?

|

"What the hell is the noise coming from?!"

12/17/2018 8:57 AM

Just, stop. You'll pay more in medical costs because your frame breaking then the frame itself costs.

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

12/17/2018 8:58 AM

Bent one piece cranks that were so twisted the bottom bracket loosened itself constantly. Rear axle so bent the bearings wore through the shell. Then I learnt to buy good parts and maintain them

|

12/17/2018 9:09 AM

the situation on how i got the frame was around 2 months ago when i was riding a almost fully rusted sunday scout frame, i got an offer from a kid that i knew around the area for a trade because he liked the way the frame looked, without hesitation i basically agreed but i did a brief look over on the frame. At the time i seen nothing wrong with it besides a dent in the chainstay and a small one under the down tube. I got the frame, rode it and was genuinely having a good time with my newly traded full chromo frame, i thought i was finally making smart decisions with my bike and then boom, did some inspecting and i seen a small crack on the downtube that looked like it was a scratch with rust over it, i didnt think much of it, kept riding and it slowly grew. Now its probably an inch and a quarter long on the left side of the dt and maybe a quarter of an inch on the right side. seeing the way that i ride the frame probably wont last until spring, im gonna chill out on my riding for a bit until i can get a new frame. But yeah thats the story on how i got the frmae.

|

12/17/2018 9:23 AM

I wish. That.

I knew what I know now.

When I was younger.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

12/17/2018 9:28 AM

Hey bro, if you got any tips on how not to end up in these shitty situations, send em over, im 16.

|

12/17/2018 9:31 AM

this fucking thread, lmao

|

fack off

12/17/2018 9:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/17/2018 9:39 AM

JustARider15 wrote:

Hey bro, if you got any tips on how not to end up in these shitty situations, send em over, im 16.

Methinks that kid wanted to trade bikes with you because he knew his was cracked and yours wasn't. But like Jake said, breaking your teeth on the asphalt is more expensive than a new frame. Scour craigslist, the for sale section here, apps like letgo, facebook marketplace, etc.

Or, just tell your parents you got swindled and maybe they'll pity you. If you really can't afford a frame, and see no way of getting one (Christmas is in less than a week) just take it easy with riding. Snapping a headtube is not something I'd want to do.

|

12/17/2018 9:47 AM

..Danger. High voltage!

|

12/17/2018 10:33 AM

Go to your local muffler shop or auto garage with your bike and 20$ I'm pretty sure they'll lay a weld for you and make it safe to smash again.

|

12/17/2018 4:48 PM

I mean, I've ridden some sketchy setups and shit but if you know your headtube is cracked halfway around and are still jumping down 7 sets, you're a fucking retard.

|

12/17/2018 4:56 PM

i refuse to believe that you're headtube is cracked that bad and you're able to jump down 7 stairs.

please go film it for us too see.

|

12/17/2018 11:31 PM

Someone is selling a 20.6 BSD Soulja frame on this forum for 200$. I would be all over that if it wasn't in the U.S

|

12/18/2018 12:13 AM

Go jump it down el toro , you’ll get sponsored , problem solved

|

12/18/2018 4:37 AM

I'm pretty sure RumHam would agree that my pedals are pretty unsafe!

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

12/18/2018 12:02 PM

My pedals are three years old and are quite battered.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: Reyn Honbo - RH MEDIA

12/18/2018 12:10 PM

I like the idea of metal pedals, but I ride plastics

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

12/18/2018 12:11 PM

jbales wrote:

..Danger. High voltage!

Danger. Deep water. (Aussie accent)

|

12/18/2018 12:20 PM

408gt91 wrote:

Go to your local muffler shop or auto garage with your bike and 20$ I'm pretty sure they'll lay a weld for you and make it safe to smash again.

Not a good idea if the frame is heat-treated.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

12/18/2018 2:11 PM

408gt91 wrote:

Skylight wrote:

watch the Darryl Nau props bio , dude was getting his frames welded and it worked just fine

|

12/18/2018 3:55 PM

408gt91 wrote:

Skylight wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

watch the Darryl Nau props bio , dude was getting his frames welded and it worked just fine

I don't think he welded it together, think he just added a Gusset over the crack cause it was where the toptube meets the headtube

|

12/18/2018 6:57 PM

JustARider15 wrote:

"I'm 16"

Here's a tip;
Get a job/second job then like everyone else & maybe quit complaining about the situation you put yourself in. Stuff breaks, who do you expect to replace it?

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/18/2018 7:05 PM

bobPA wrote:

Danger. Deep water. (Aussie accent)

Yes! I was hoping someone would reference that.

|

12/18/2018 11:42 PM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

They keep me awake at night

|

12/19/2018 1:02 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

RumHam wrote:

They keep me awake at night

Well Christmas is the time for giving

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

12/19/2018 2:47 AM

408gt91 wrote:

Skylight wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

If it's from 2009, and his frame wasn't heat treated, then yeah, it would work.

Maybe it'll last just not as long enough or it won't be as good enough as before. The metal changes structure when you apply heat like that. It could be more brittle than it used to be, or the other way around depending on the fabrication processes.

Trust me, I'm a mechanical engineer.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

12/19/2018 4:02 AM

Skylight wrote:

If it's from 2009, and his frame wasn't heat treated, then yeah, it would work.

Maybe it'll last just not as long enough or it won't be as good enough as before. The metal changes structure when you apply heat like that. It could be more brittle than it used to be, or the other way around depending on the fabrication processes.

Trust me, I'm a mechanical engineer.

He’s riding a frame that’s cracked halfway around the headtube/downtube and still jumping 7 sets with it… do you really think he’s smart enough or even cares about structural integrity ?

|

12/19/2018 5:01 AM

jbales wrote:

..Danger. High voltage!

When we touch..

|

12/19/2018 5:24 AM

jbales wrote:

..Danger. High voltage!

Spongeworthy wrote:

When we touch..

When we kiss.

|

12/19/2018 10:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/19/2018 10:04 AM

JustARider15 wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

"I'm 16"

Here's a tip;
Get a job/second job then like everyone else & maybe quit complaining about the situation you put yourself in. Stuff breaks, who do you expect to replace it?

Love when people half my age call me bro, and then ask for tips on how not to trade a good bike for a bad one.

|