Dangers of riding with dodgy front wheel?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/11/2016 3:14 AM

My front wheel has a little bit of side to side movement when i shake it. i have sealed bearings and i have tried to tighten the lock nuts on each side as much as i can but it still has a little bit of wobble. what will happen if i ride on this? will it just be annoying or will it mess up my hub or cause me to crash? why is it still wobbling?
the only reason i want to ride is because i have to do a how to video for youtube for my year 12 English class, i chose to do 3 bmx tricks you need to learn, the video and editing is due this Wednesday and i cant change my idea.
any information or/and help is appreciated! thanks.

|

2/11/2016 3:47 AM

Could the bearings be worn out? If so how long have you rode them. I don't think it would ruin the hub unless you completely neglect them and ride them for way to long.

|

2/11/2016 4:55 AM

Sounds like the bearings have gone. Eventually they'll fall apart completely and you could snap your axle, and deform the inside of the hub

|

2/13/2016 10:36 PM

Depends on how bad the wobble is and if the bearings actually make any sound when riding. If not, go for it, but be very careful when doing tricks where you could land rough. I'm in an even worse situation myself right now due to riding shorter spokes, which will run the high risk of me blowing out nipples if I mess up on hard-landing spins.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke