Dan's Comp Has New Owners

Related:
Create New Tag

10/8/2019 11:19 AM

Original Post - https://www.vitalbmx.com/news/news/Dans-Comp-Has-New-Owners,9368

Here's the press release -

Chico, California - AMain.com, Inc has acquired certain assets of XP Innovations LLC who has owned and operated Dan’s Comp, The World’s Largest BMX Store, since 2005. Notably, AMain has purchased the domain and trademarks of Danscomp.com. Preparations are underway to quickly onboard a number of key brands in the freestyle segment and bring back the Race Category before the 2020 season gets underway.

Making the decision during the summer to identify someone to carry on the legacy of Dan’s Comp was a difficult decision for XP Innovations owners, who were also some of the longest tenured employees of Dan’s. Although multiple parties expressed interest, they chose to leave the brand in the hands of AMain as it was important to them that the new owners were vested in the industry and had a passion for BMX. Over the last several years, AMain.com, the parent company of Performance Bike, Bike Nashbar and AMain Cycling, has proudly supported a national level BMX Race Team, local racers of Silver Dollar BMX, and were instrumental in the construction of Chico’s public pump track.

“BMX is a sport our employees and their families have been participating in for a very long time. The Dan’s Comp brand is respected and well known all over the world and we’re excited to continue serving this segment of the industry.” Said Kendall Bennett, AMain’s CEO.

A revamped website will be up and running in the coming days and we are hard at work onboarding brands and processing existing freestyle inventory from Indiana to pair with race products from Supercross, Box, Tangent and others that were recently acquired from WPS, who announced their departure from BMX distribution just a few months ago. Once online, Dan’s Comp customers can expect same day shipment for in stock orders placed before 3:00 PM, Rewards Points, Easy Returns, the widest assortment of BMX products on the market, and a trained customer service team to answer their questions. Orders will ship from two warehouses in California and North Carolina, reaching 90% of the US within 3 business days. Our warehouse and customer service teams are here 7 days a week fulfilling your orders and answering your questions.

All current customers of Dan’s will be enrolled through 2020 as Platinum members in our VIP program to receive rush order processing, extended return windows and the highest level of rewards. Any customer reported to have an unfulfilled order as of October 5, 2019 will be issued store credit to be used on any of AMain’s family of sites or in one of their retail locations.

AMain.com Inc is an omni channel retailer headquartered in Northern California. AMain Hobbies, a worldwide leader of performance grade radio control products since 2004, also owns and operates several properties for cycling enthusiasts including Performance Bicycle, Nashbar, and AMain Cycling. AMain runs two successful brick and mortar stores and a world class RC race facility in Chico. With the addition of Dan’s Comp, AMain becomes one of the most diverse and exciting bike retailers in US and hopes that their success can elevate radio control and cycling by giving back to the communities who support them.

|

10/8/2019 11:37 AM

Whoa that’s crazy! I used to buy all my R/C stuff from them.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

10/8/2019 11:44 AM

readybmxer wrote:

How was it? Good service? Good experience?

|

10/8/2019 11:58 AM

kylecarlson wrote:

Everything was great for me. All my orders were pretty much on time and none of my orders arrived incorrect. I’ve never reached out to them in their customer services, but I assume their customer support can’t be terrible.

But that was maybe 4 or 5 years ago since my last order from them, don’t do much R/C no more.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

10/8/2019 12:26 PM

Hopefully they fix that god awful website too. Ever since they redid it years ago it’s been horrible and looked like shit. Idk what moron decided laying out every single color & size option on a page of parts was better than just having each part listed then you select the option from a drop down menu after clicking. It was extremely cluttered, like we don’t need to see 3 rows of the same model tire in different sizes still using the same thumbnails anyway. Plus the revamped website looked like shit compared to the old one in my opinion at least. Interested to see where this all goes and how it improves or makes things worse for them

|

10/8/2019 12:48 PM

readybmxer wrote:

kylecarlson wrote:

readybmxer wrote:

Everything was great for me. All my orders were pretty much on time and none of my orders arrived incorrect. I’ve never reached out to them in their customer services, but I assume their customer support can’t be terrible.

But that was maybe 4 or 5 years ago since my last order from them, don’t do much R/C no more.

That's good to hear. Hopefully they're still holding it down and are able to bring that to the BMX world.

|

10/8/2019 12:49 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Hopefully they fix that god awful website too. Ever since they redid it years ago it’s been horrible and looked like shit. Idk what moron decided laying out every single color & size option on a page of parts was better than just having each part listed then you select the option from a drop down menu after clicking. It was extremely cluttered, like we don’t need to see 3 rows of the same model tire in different sizes still using the same thumbnails anyway. Plus the revamped website looked like shit compared to the old one in my opinion at least. Interested to see where this all goes and how it improves or makes things worse for them

Seeing as how they have a new site dropping "in the coming days," it seems like you'll have an answer soon.

|

10/8/2019 1:10 PM

fuck em. support your local bike shop instead

|

fack off

10/8/2019 1:23 PM

So.. Another corporate company is taking over AND withdrawing the business from the Midwest, where we seem to need it the most? All in an attempt to bring back the name, which will almost certainly require them earning back the trust of all the riders/people that the previous owners fucked over in recent years?

I dunno man. Sounds a lot like beating a dead horse to me..

Hope this all does good for the industry, but it really sucks that there won’t be anymore Dans Jams a few hours from my house anymore. 🤣

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/8/2019 1:53 PM

where is Dan Duckworth when you need him?

prolly rolling in piles of money....

|

10/8/2019 2:42 PM

Could everyone that has issues still outstanding be able to get their issue finally sorted by the new owners? Orders not sent, refunds not being given etc? 🤔

|

10/8/2019 5:48 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Hah, ditto! It's been a few years for me as well, but I do recall always having good dealings with them. I guess if nothing else ir speaks to the strength of BMX as whole that it's worth it for Amain to make the investment in whatever is left of Danscomp.

|

10/9/2019 7:09 AM

To you guys who say Fvck'em and support your local shops... I partially agree.

Some, many of us do not have the luxury of supporting local shops.

I live in rural Southern Missouri, think cows for neighbors and a lot of gravel roads.
My closest bike shop is 45 mins North of me and doesn't cater to BMX, only multi-thousand dollar road and MTBs. When I asked about BMX they kinda chuckled and said we don't do much bmx.

The next closest shop, over an hour South East of me and they had only a few BMX bikes and only 1 26".
NO BMX/Freestyle parts or accessories, multi-thousand dollar road and MTBs.

I called another shop in the same area. When I asked them if they stock BMX bikes, they said No, we don't carry kids bikes.

I'd very much like to support a local shop, even at an hour or so drive. If there was one.

For now, I'll have to buy online.

|

10/9/2019 7:35 AM

Hope they don’t mean to carry on the legacy of hiring people for customer service that don’t know a damn thing about bmx LOL

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

10/9/2019 7:39 AM

Anyone remember the reward bs and how they literally fucked God knows how many people out of their points, danscomp just needs to die and be forgotten

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

10/9/2019 10:46 AM

smullen wrote:

I live in rural Southern Missouri, think cows for neighbors and a lot of gravel roads.
My closest bike shop is 45 mins North of me and doesn't cater to BMX, only multi-thousand dollar road and MTBs. When I asked about BMX they kinda chuckled and said we don't do much bmx.

The next closest shop, over an hour South East of me and they had only a few BMX bikes and only 1 26".

I called another shop in the same area. When I asked them if they stock BMX bikes, they said No, we don't carry kids bikes.

I'd very much like to support a local shop, even at an hour or so drive. If there was one.

then support legit bmx mail orders in the USA. empire bmx, albes, flatland fuel, and planet bmx are all legit

|

fack off

10/9/2019 12:34 PM

smullen wrote:

"My closest bike shop is 45 mins North of me and doesn't cater to BMX, only multi-thousand dollar road and MTBs. When I asked about BMX they kinda chuckled and said we don't do much bmx."

This is a common thought, and my response is "why not help them change that?"

It took us having a BMX guy in the shop (me) to get the BMX aspect going. I constantly posted online about what we had in stock, told locals to go to the shop and see what options we have, and even mentioned how in many cases we could be close to, or match the shipping times of Dan's.

We were one of the biggest BMX shops in the state. I got a different job and that changed.

SO, call them up, order what you want THROUGH them, become a good customer and they may hook you up. OR get a 1 day a week/every other week job there and get experience, access to all the tools etc, DISCOUNTS and good times.

It's beating a dead horse for people to expect a store to stock things that are not selling. If you want a local shop to cater more to BMX, show them why by getting more stuff through them.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/9/2019 1:14 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Anyone remember the reward bs and how they literally fucked God knows how many people out of their points, danscomp just needs to die and be forgotten

They fucked me out of a ton of points. I will never order from Dans again, out of a matter of principle.

|

10/9/2019 1:59 PM

kylecarlson wrote:

Original Post - https://www.vitalbmx.com/news/news/Dans-Comp-Has-New-Owners,9368

Here's the press release -

Chico, California - AMain.com, Inc has acquired certain assets of XP Innovations LLC who has owned and operated Dan’s Comp, The World’s Largest BMX Store, since 2005. Notably, AMain has purchased the domain and trademarks of Danscomp.com. Preparations are underway to quickly onboard a number of key brands in the freestyle segment and bring back the Race Category before the 2020 season gets underway.

Making the decision during the summer to identify someone to carry on the legacy of Dan’s Comp was a difficult decision for XP Innovations owners, who were also some of the longest tenured employees of Dan’s. Although multiple parties expressed interest, they chose to leave the brand in the hands of AMain as it was important to them that the new owners were vested in the industry and had a passion for BMX. Over the last several years, AMain.com, the parent company of Performance Bike, Bike Nashbar and AMain Cycling, has proudly supported a national level BMX Race Team, local racers of Silver Dollar BMX, and were instrumental in the construction of Chico’s public pump track.

“BMX is a sport our employees and their families have been participating in for a very long time. The Dan’s Comp brand is respected and well known all over the world and we’re excited to continue serving this segment of the industry.” Said Kendall Bennett, AMain’s CEO.

A revamped website will be up and running in the coming days and we are hard at work onboarding brands and processing existing freestyle inventory from Indiana to pair with race products from Supercross, Box, Tangent and others that were recently acquired from WPS, who announced their departure from BMX distribution just a few months ago. Once online, Dan’s Comp customers can expect same day shipment for in stock orders placed before 3:00 PM, Rewards Points, Easy Returns, the widest assortment of BMX products on the market, and a trained customer service team to answer their questions. Orders will ship from two warehouses in California and North Carolina, reaching 90% of the US within 3 business days. Our warehouse and customer service teams are here 7 days a week fulfilling your orders and answering your questions.

All current customers of Dan’s will be enrolled through 2020 as Platinum members in our VIP program to receive rush order processing, extended return windows and the highest level of rewards. Any customer reported to have an unfulfilled order as of October 5, 2019 will be issued store credit to be used on any of AMain’s family of sites or in one of their retail locations.

AMain.com Inc is an omni channel retailer headquartered in Northern California. AMain Hobbies, a worldwide leader of performance grade radio control products since 2004, also owns and operates several properties for cycling enthusiasts including Performance Bicycle, Nashbar, and AMain Cycling. AMain runs two successful brick and mortar stores and a world class RC race facility in Chico. With the addition of Dan’s Comp, AMain becomes one of the most diverse and exciting bike retailers in US and hopes that their success can elevate radio control and cycling by giving back to the communities who support them.

Do you know if they have any job openings that are out of state? Like customer service type stuff.

|

10/9/2019 3:35 PM

after three months of not sending me my product and saying they would 'have it next week' i was issued a refund via giftcard so i contacted my CC company to get my mofo money back

|

wallride a bus everyday

10/9/2019 3:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/9/2019 3:59 PM

smullen wrote:

"I'd very much like to support a local shop, even at an hour or so drive. If there was one.

For now, I'll have to buy online."

Then feel free to buy from these guys...

https://www.bmxguru.com

They are about 40 minutes from me, in very small town Michigan.. I've been to their store, very cool people and contributors to the local race scene too..

Only heard good things about them..

<°)))>{

|

10/10/2019 5:26 AM

smullen wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

"My closest bike shop is 45 mins North of me and doesn't cater to BMX, only multi-thousand dollar road and MTBs. When I asked about BMX they kinda chuckled and said we don't do much bmx."

This is a common thought, and my response is "why not help them change that?"

It took us having a BMX guy in the shop (me) to get the BMX aspect going. I constantly posted online about what we had in stock, told locals to go to the shop and see what options we have, and even mentioned how in many cases we could be close to, or match the shipping times of Dan's.

We were one of the biggest BMX shops in the state. I got a different job and that changed.

SO, call them up, order what you want THROUGH them, become a good customer and they may hook you up. OR get a 1 day a week/every other week job there and get experience, access to all the tools etc, DISCOUNTS and good times.

It's beating a dead horse for people to expect a store to stock things that are not selling. If you want a local shop to cater more to BMX, show them why by getting more stuff through them.

Fucking THANK YOU

|

fack off

10/10/2019 7:41 PM

So far so good:

I checked it out earlier in the day and it looked like they relaunched, now it times out

|

10/19/2019 8:52 PM

We don’t need dans, and nobody should want them anymore. Powers, empire, albes, and now source is stateside. Why would we possibly want to support a company that fucked other companies and customers out of thousands of dollars and gives nothing back to the scene?

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

10/19/2019 9:46 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

We don’t need dans, and nobody should want them anymore. Powers, empire, albes, and now source is stateside. Why would we possibly want to support a company that fucked other companies and customers out of thousands of dollars and gives nothing back to the scene?

Whoa when did they fuck companies out of that much

|

10/20/2019 6:12 AM

I've bought alot of stuff from AMain for rc control too. Never had any problems. I wish RPPobby bought them though because there is not a better mail order in the world than rpphobby.com

|

1/10/2020 10:36 PM

Reviving an old thread to say this:

Being in Indiana, Dan's was always my go-to. When i came back to the scene after a 10 year hiatus, i ordered some Dugan bars from them that showed "in stock" on their website. 6 weeks later, with no word from them, I started blowing them up with zero response. I ordered the same bars from Albe's and recieved them the next day. Getting a response from dan's took weeks of daily emails and calls and getting refund was a hugr pain in the ass. I will never do business with them again.

TLDR version; Fuck Dan's. Albe's forever. Let that ship continue sinking into obscurity.

|

1/10/2020 10:47 PM

HtownGetDown wrote:

Being in Indiana, Dan's was always my go-to. When i came back to the scene after a 10 year hiatus, i ordered some Dugan bars from them that showed "in stock" on their website. 6 weeks later, with no word from them, I started blowing them up with zero response. I ordered the same bars from Albe's and recieved them the next day. Getting a response from dan's took weeks of daily emails and calls and getting refund was a hugr pain in the ass. I will never do business with them again.

TLDR version; Fuck Dan's. Albe's forever. Let that ship continue sinking into obscurity.

When was this?

|

1/11/2020 12:53 AM

HtownGetDown wrote:

I remember the first thing I ever ordered from Dan's comp. GT grips back in 1994. It used to be my go to for everything I ever ordered for my bike. Regular shipping was like next day here in Indiana. I actually ordered a bike pump from there a month or so ago and it took a few weeks to get here. Albes seems to be the way to go now though. Free shipping and if they have stuff in stock it only takes a day or 2 for us midwest guys.

|

1/11/2020 8:03 AM

HtownGetDown wrote:

kylecarlson wrote:

When was this?

Shortly after they went public with the buyout on their website.

|