Dan's Incompetent

Related:
Create New Tag

3/3/2014 3:34 PM

Well after seeing all the Dan's Incompetent links and referrals in all the forum post I decided to check it out.

Have a new custom build in mind and put together a cart on Dan's, once I got over the sticker price I gave them a call to see if there was some kind of discount or promo I was missing. Yea, free shipping !!??!! WTF

My local shop is over $500 cheaper and they will build it and warranty their work !!!!!!

Shop around people !!!!

|

3/3/2014 3:38 PM

What were you getting?

|

3/3/2014 3:58 PM

Just seems unbelievable. Most LBS's complain about Dan's and how it's tough to compete part for part with them. Sure, you can find a random deal from an item that hasn't moved in the shop for ages, but over $500?? Like Fondue asked, "what were you getting?"

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

3/3/2014 4:06 PM

LBS being $500 cheaper than Dans? I don't believe that for a second.

|

3/3/2014 4:15 PM

Not really believeing that your lbs is $500 cheaper, i dont how your is but mines sell the shadow half link for damn near 60 bucks and grips for like 25 maybe ab lbs could be cheaper depending on what your buying but dont see how it could be that much

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/3/2014 4:30 PM

That We The People Scorpio in my bike checks cost me $1200 through my local LBS. That bike would be over $1700 through Dan's .

The Crimson Chrome Deluxe $1200

The Shadow Turn it to 11 , with black parts to replace the copper, $1400

The White Shadow/Subrosa, with custom powder coat, $1400

Price my bike check parts list out on Dan's and see what they total,,, Oh and the above prices include labor.

Am thinking of building a full chrome Scorpio

|

3/3/2014 4:53 PM

Dude about any GOOD quality custom bike would be 1300$ MSRP

A highest end custom (without Titanium or weird shit) would be about 1500 - 1700. So no , it's just you.

Dans is amazing. You CAN NOT get a bike from a bike store that will be cheaper than Dans. BECAUSE the SHOP needs to make MONEY for itself . Dans is a distributer so you get parts priced without added prices.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/3/2014 4:55 PM

Dan's has always been cheaper than any LBS store i've been to. Grips at a shop that will cost you $25 are about $15 on Dan's. Why do you think everyone is always saying "Support your LBS!!", it's because they're normally always more expensive and sites like Dan's are putting LBS' out of business.

|

3/3/2014 5:53 PM

Haha my lbs wanted 30 bones for odyssey twisteds.

|

3/3/2014 7:56 PM

Fondue wrote:

What were you getting?

I gave you several hours to answer this before, so I'll try to make it more clear for you this time. What did you put in the cart on Dan's?

|

3/4/2014 5:15 AM

Fondue wrote:

I gave you several hours to answer this before, so I'll try to make it more clear for you this time. What did you put in the ...more

Sorry Fondue.....A custom build all chrome WTP scorpio....

|

3/4/2014 5:20 AM

Fondue wrote:

What were you getting?

Fondue wrote:

I gave you several hours to answer this before, so I'll try to make it more clear for you this time. What did you put in the ...more

Prankster wrote:

I got to thinking after my post, this year prices went up. Don't know if you bought during Christmas when prices would be extremely low. Either way it doesn't matter. You're supporting your LBS and they're hooking you up!

|

3/4/2014 5:48 AM

That seems unbeliable

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/4/2014 6:14 AM

My lbs is occasionally cheaper, even tho he doesn't stock bmx parts anymore. He told me it was because the distros he buys from have regular price cuts and sellouts on bmx parts. BUT it's usually much more expensive than dans.

|

Insta: @devicacy

3/4/2014 8:20 AM

I have a hard time believing 500 dollar difference unless there is some crazy special they are hooking you up with locally.

But all in all, I would go with the local either way, to support local.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/4/2014 8:47 AM

Yeah, if your lbs is hooking you up like that, Be happy, man. The rest of us are stuck with either really high priced locals with horrible service, rude workers, and true incompetence, or higher prices.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

3/4/2014 10:13 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I have a hard time believing 500 dollar difference unless there is some crazy special they are hooking you up with locally.

...more

I would if i have the money.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/4/2014 10:28 AM

Fondue wrote:

What were you getting?

Fondue wrote:

Prankster wrote:

It can cost extra money for chrome parts compared to stuff like raw or black, that's probably part of why it was so expensive

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

3/4/2014 1:37 PM

Fondue wrote:

Prankster wrote:

bmxfromma wrote:

It can cost extra money for chrome parts compared to stuff like raw or black, that's probably part of why it was so expensive

Or might just be bullshit.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/4/2014 2:58 PM

T-rider wrote:

No bullshit, T-rider, the $ I quoted above is what I paid, out the door, tax and all.
I would post a list of all the free shit I've got but nobody would believe that either. Banners, shirts, posters, parts and hardware....anybody need stickers ? I must have a trash bag full.

But the difference may be that I'm buying the whole bike at once and not one part at a time. I walk in with a complete list of parts and give it to them. They do their research, call me with a price, we haggle back and forth and finally agree on a number.

There are a ton of, dealers, suppliers and distributors out there. Shop around

|

3/4/2014 3:11 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

yes but chrome dipping doesn't add $500 on the the cost of the bike. Either OP is a liar or he fucked something up...or his LBS is gonna go outta business trying to compete with a website that has a very low overhead and i'm willing to be his LBS doesn't carry 1/8th the BMX parts that Dan's Comp does. Also, who even uses Dan's anymore? So many more sites out there that has better deals.

|

3/4/2014 3:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/4/2014 3:34 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

T-rider wrote:

Prankster wrote:

No bullshit, T-rider, the $ I quoted above is what I paid, out the door, tax and all.
I would post a list of all the free shit ...more

Theres no way that dans is 500$ more expensive unless you are being hooked up.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/4/2014 3:46 PM

Albe's was cheaper than Dan's when I ordered my custom

|

Refs: 360Xuprider, Hatebreeder, MrHavoc1988

Email: Shanebaker6969@yahoo.com

!!!My Bike Check!!!

3/4/2014 4:22 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

T-rider wrote:

Prankster wrote:

I get that, but 500 dollar difference? I would love to see a parts list with local shop cost and then dans pricing.

I could see the chrome giving maybe a 50-100 dollar difference, but I have a hard time understanding how it would be such a massive difference without employee discounts (and I worked in a shop and know roughly what supplier pricing is).

And as to your shop around comment, you should ALWAYS look at www.retailmenot.com for dans coupon codes. They aren't going to tell you about them so much online, as it loses them some money. They might hook you up with shipping here or there, but I ALWAYS google coupon codes for where I want something from.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/4/2014 4:28 PM

What kind of shit heads are running your LBS's? The one I go to has $10 grips, $15 pedals, and bigger parts (hubs, bars, forks) only cost about 10-20 bucks more (basically the cost of shipping from Dan's)

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

3/4/2014 4:39 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

What kind of shit heads are running your LBS's? The one I go to has $10 grips, $15 pedals, and bigger parts (hubs, bars, ...more

Do I misunderstand this to mean 20 dollar hubs or do you mean dans pricing plus shipping?

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/4/2014 4:48 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

What kind of shit heads are running your LBS's? The one I go to has $10 grips, $15 pedals, and bigger parts (hubs, bars, ...more

dave lawrence wrote:

Do I misunderstand this to mean 20 dollar hubs or do you mean dans pricing plus shipping?

the hubs cost about 10 or 20 bucks more than they would from Dan's (eg: $150 from Dan's=about 160 or 170 from the shop). But if you bought the hub from Dan's, shipping would be like 15 bucks.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

3/4/2014 5:20 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

T-rider wrote:

Prankster wrote:

Just post some pictures of you're build and the receipt with the parts and price paid, simple. I'm pretty keen to see this built up myself.

|

3/4/2014 8:10 PM

You also dont have to wait for shipping

|

3/5/2014 5:43 AM

Dan's incompetent what?

(it would be Dan's is Incompetent) =P

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!