Dans comp issues

Related:
Create New Tag

10/3/2019 7:33 PM

So I order a bunch of bmx parts on dans comp sep 23 2019 and like the day I ordered I canceled a part I didn’t need. They answered fast through email. But I haven’t recived my refund. A week goes by and no refund and I start finding out that a lot of people are having issues too and some didn’t even get their parts months later. What can I do any suggestions? At this point I don’t want my parts I just want to cancel my order and get my money back. Anybody else go through this ?

|

10/3/2019 7:57 PM

Talk to dans, and talk to whoever you paid with (your bank, paypal). You’ll probably have to give them time to get the parts to you, then send them back. If they don’t turn up you’ll get the refund a bit quicker

|

10/3/2019 8:10 PM

Their call center is closed the email is the only option but they never answer and i paid with a pre paid card so I’m not sure what to do Can I like involve someone ? Like law?

|

10/3/2019 8:37 PM

_bmxican_ wrote:

Their call center is closed the email is the only option but they never answer and i paid with a pre paid card so I’m not sure what to do Can I like involve someone ? Like law?

You can call the card company and see if there’s anything they can do to reverse the transaction. I do have my doubts that a prepaid card comes with much security for events like this though.

For future reference, if you have prepaid card, it may be best to use it through PayPal instead of directly on a website. That way PayPal will protect you even if the card company won’t.

But yeah, good luck with getting your money back.. I’ve been hearing a lot about people being unable to get in touch with Dans & having to file claims with their banks.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/3/2019 9:25 PM

Unfortunately, Dan’s ain’t what it once was. Hope everything works out.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

10/4/2019 5:46 AM

That’s what happens when you don’t support your local bike shop 🤷‍♂️

Or at least support a legit mailorder like albes, empire bmx, or flatland fuel

|

fack off

10/4/2019 6:30 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking about ordering some parts from them, but I'll check Albes or a few of the others.

|

10/4/2019 7:20 AM

I heard dans went bankrupt and closed the doors a while ago

|

10/4/2019 9:15 AM

Danscomp has always been the best I’ve ordered from. I sent a part back recently and had no issues.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

10/4/2019 9:20 AM

Four wrote:

Danscomp has always been the best I’ve ordered from. I sent a part back recently and had no issues.

You might want to play the lottery. You seem to have the best luck. People have been complaining about these issues with Dan's for well over a year.... look here and on reddit and it seems like people have nothing but issues....

I looked at thier site recently because they had really good filters to figure out what parts you want... they dont carry shit anymore. Looks like most brands don't deal with them anymore...

|

10/4/2019 2:22 PM

I just called Stolenbmx and Odyssey bmx because I order their parts through dans comp so turns out dans comp has not ordered from them for a while and I am not the only one that has called about this kind of issue so I’m going to work with the BBB and get my credit card company involved. Kinda sucks because i wanted to return to bmx so bad

|

10/4/2019 3:16 PM

Don't order from them, they went out of business. and you might not get the money back. just buy stuff from albes/source/empire/sc or your lbs.

|

I like riding my bike.