Danscomp rewards

Related:
Create New Tag

11/28/2017 12:26 PM

Does anyone know why they aren't doing it anymore. I had 50 in rewards that I can't use.

|

11/28/2017 12:41 PM

Guessing it has something to do with the "ordeal" we heard about a couple months ago. "They're going out of business!" "They restructuring.....". Guessing if they had money issues, those reward programs went out the window. If you really want to know, maybe call them & ask. They'd know better than I.

|

11/28/2017 1:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/28/2017 1:03 PM

What Mishinn said.

I've always been a fan of Danscomp and even with their recent issues, usually calling them helps. But here are the red flags that have driven me towards more local shops and Empire/Source/Albes/Local shops.

If you don't have a lot of capital as a business, here's whats going to happen:

1. You're going to cut costs - They cut their entire team.
2. You're going to scale back on purchasing inventory - Why nearly everything on their site is backordered
3. You're going to hold onto the money you do have - Apparently they're issuing refunds at a snail's pace, which is scary
4. You're obviously going to keep trying to drum up business, but if 1-3 are occurring and you go on like nothing is wrong, you're gonna burn a lot of loyal customers.

I really hope they get everything straightened out because for me personally they've been a great resource, but I'm gonna wait to see what happens when the dust settles in a couple of months before making any big purchases there.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

11/28/2017 2:33 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

What Mishinn said.

I've always been a fan of Danscomp and even with their recent issues, usually calling them helps. But here are the red flags that have driven me towards more local shops and Empire/Source/Albes/Local shops.

If you don't have a lot of capital as a business, here's whats going to happen:

1. You're going to cut costs - They cut their entire team.
2. You're going to scale back on purchasing inventory - Why nearly everything on their site is backordered
3. You're going to hold onto the money you do have - Apparently they're issuing refunds at a snail's pace, which is scary
4. You're obviously going to keep trying to drum up business, but if 1-3 are occurring and you go on like nothing is wrong, you're gonna burn a lot of loyal customers.

I really hope they get everything straightened out because for me personally they've been a great resource, but I'm gonna wait to see what happens when the dust settles in a couple of months before making any big purchases there.

I feel the same way they have been awesome with sales, rewards, discounts, and even giving free gifts but it seems all of that changed. I live in indiana so anything they sent used yo come next day via ups. Now they use USPS a lot and it takes one extra day. Idk it worries me and it's sad to see. Especially since most of the well known pros in the past 10 years have rode for them at one point. It really is a shame.

|

11/29/2017 6:50 AM

NateBrown62 wrote:

I feel the same way they have been awesome with sales, rewards, discounts, and even giving free gifts but it seems all of that changed. I live in indiana so anything they sent used yo come next day via ups. Now they use USPS a lot and it takes one extra day. Idk it worries me and it's sad to see. Especially since most of the well known pros in the past 10 years have rode for them at one point. It really is a shame.

It's definitely a shame, but thankfully there are really cool people running places like Empire/Source/Albes. Thomas at Empire is a hell of a guy who responds really quickly to inventory/order issues which I appreciate. I'll definitely keep supporting Dans as long as they get everything straightened out.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

11/29/2017 7:04 AM

I think I'm going to call tomorrow and talk to someone there. They've always been cool anytime I call with questions.

|

11/29/2017 12:27 PM

i had no idea that danscomp was going through hard times! Also didnt know they cut there entire team too! geez i have shopped at danscomp ever since i started bmx back in the early 2000's back when they had a monthly magazine!! Miss those simple days of the magazine! I hope too that they get back on track

|

11/29/2017 2:49 PM

I really want to order that mutiny stem that's on sale right now. Hope it comes through ok. I've been using danscomp since around 1999. It's pretty sad actually.

|

11/29/2017 4:28 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

I really want to order that mutiny stem that's on sale right now. Hope it comes through ok. I've been using danscomp since around 1999. It's pretty sad actually.

I was gonna order the same one. I order 200$ worth of parts and I didn't get half of them and on the shipping order it says shipped and is highlighted on the parts I didn't get. I'm hoping they come tomorrow because I've never had the problem unless it's backorder but it wasn't.

|

11/30/2017 9:29 AM

i also had $50 in rewards i hadn't used when i noticed they suspended the program. i emailed them asking what was up. They quoted their terms and conditions in their response. I told them it was shady and i'd be taking my business elsewhere. Surprisingly, they responded right away and told me they'd make an exception and to send them my order and they would honor my rewards. got a couple sets of pedals coming on friday and just had to pay shipping.

moral of the story: complaining helps. buy local. don't trust rewards programs. lol.

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

12/1/2017 10:37 AM

All I can say about Dan's comp right now is "fuck them". I've been shopping there for years and never had to deal with so much bs before in my life

|

12/1/2017 12:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/1/2017 2:02 PM

Ordered a couple parts 2 weeks back(on 11/17)-Forks, pegs, Sprocket, some little tools- got the fork in This Tuesday, and the other parts are due in Saturday, I tried to get 1-day shipping and when I didn't see any shipping email I shot them an Email and got a quick response that some items(they didn't tell me which ones) were back-ordered and will ship separately and they'd refund the shipping. I'm giving them one more shot. Went with them to grab a quick Front complete wheel-I'm willing to wait on this but I'll report back and tell you if at least they put some priority over big ticket items

|

12/2/2017 6:43 AM

I noticed this while shopping on Dan's the other day; They no longer tell you up front that the part is back-ordered, instead it tells you during the check out process where youre more likely to ignore it.

All this is because they owe a lot of bike company's money. I can't speak for every company, but I know they have Tree on this new deal where they kinda play middle-man. You order a Tree part from Dans, and Dan's calls in the order to Tree (instead of having Tree parts readily available.) So you're stuck waiting for Tree to send your order to Dan's and Dan's to send your order to you.

I think it's safe to assume that they're doing this with most companies, and it appears a few companies like Colony may have dropped Dan's all together.

Such a shame, I always loved shopping with Dan's.
Always wondered how they could afford to stay in business with such a large team, so much stock, and constant discounts/sales. Now we knowwhistling

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/2/2017 7:44 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I noticed this while shopping on Dan's the other day; They no longer tell you up front that the part is back-ordered, instead it tells you during the check out process where youre more likely to ignore it.

All this is because they owe a lot of bike company's money. I can't speak for every company, but I know they have Tree on this new deal where they kinda play middle-man. You order a Tree part from Dans, and Dan's calls in the order to Tree (instead of having Tree parts readily available.) So you're stuck waiting for Tree to send your order to Dan's and Dan's to send your order to you.

I think it's safe to assume that they're doing this with most companies, and it appears a few companies like Colony may have dropped Dan's all together.

Such a shame, I always loved shopping with Dan's.
Always wondered how they could afford to stay in business with such a large team, so much stock, and constant discounts/sales. Now we knowwhistling

I always loved danscomp too. They were like the ccs for bmx. I think they do the same thing with kink also because I ordered parts on 2 different occasions in the past week and instead of Dan's shipping them Blackout distribution did. So now I have to wait for parts from new York instead of Indiana which is the state I live in and one of the main reasons I always go to Dan's. They used to ship stuff to me next day everyone which was beyond convenient. Now I'm just bummed out.

|

12/4/2017 10:47 AM

Damn they used to be really fast. Like Nate said the CCS of bmx

I started going to Albes and Empire because of the customer service though

|