Dat wheel question again.. Gets asked every week

Related:
Create New Tag

12/27/2013 6:11 PM

Ok so for rims.
Éclat X-Odus
Éclat Bondi..
Any other suggestions?

Hubs..
Have no idea, but not gsport.
I want something that has a lot of hub guard options
Pree good engagement
4 or more paws
Have the same flange size on both sides
Available in LHD
Female
Good history
Spin for decent amount of time
Slide on hub guards

Back hub can't be over 200
Front hub can't be over 100
Rims-under 80 each

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/27/2013 6:22 PM

Cult Match rear

BSD, Cult, Odyssey Antigram, Daily Grind, Primo, Shadow or Subrosa for the front.

G-Sport, Demolition, or Odyssey rims to name a few. All would be good.

|

12/27/2013 6:24 PM

If I ever need wheels I'm going for BoneDeth 48s front and back, why don't you wait?

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

12/27/2013 6:55 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

If I ever need wheels I'm going for BoneDeth 48s front and back, why don't you wait?

I've bin waiting since September im kinda sick of waiting..

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/27/2013 6:56 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Cult Match rear

BSD, Cult, Odyssey Antigram, Daily Grind, Primo, Shadow or Subrosa for the front.

G-Sport, Demolition, or Odyssey rims to name a few. All would be good.

Why do you say match? I know the mix is good but is it that good?

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/27/2013 7:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/27/2013 7:12 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

If I ever need wheels I'm going for BoneDeth 48s front and back, why don't you wait?

This, absolutely. I can't wait to see them!

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

12/27/2013 7:17 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Why do you say match? I know the mix is good but is it that good?

Mix & Match are exact same besides logos. the 4 hub shell bearings make it roll very well & are also strong, 6902 bearings which last longer. Some hubs use weaker 2 6802 bearings, some use stronger 6902 bearings, but the Match uses 4 of those making it even stronger. I know mine's been running perfect for the last year I've had it, & my friend's 5 year old Mix cassette is still running strong with the same original 4 bearings in the shell.

The driver system is also really good. 4 pawl, individual springs, needle bearing where the load is in the driver, 6802 bearing behind the driver for support. Engages really well, spins smoothly when doing crankflips, and I've had my hub apart a few times doing routine maintenance & the bearings still feel brand new.

Hub guard wise, not too many options that are specific for it. I know the BSD guard has an option for it, and Cult makes a guard for it, but the Cult guard is a piece of shit. Both people I know with it, it seized onto the axle. They make a hub with threaded axles but make their hub guards press on, I don't get it haha. Universal guards will work though, I know for sure the FBM, S&M, & Bonedeth fit. I'm sure several more do too but I ride the S&M with a tiny spacer in between that & the non-drive side & it works perfect.

|

12/27/2013 7:18 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

I've bin waiting since September im kinda sick of waiting..

I wouldn't bother with them anyway unless you're currently having problems with your wheels feeling like they flex, or you break spokes all the time from big drops/landing hard.


I can see it now, everyone & their grandmother's gonna get those hubs because they think they need the extra strength

|

12/27/2013 7:34 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I wouldn't bother with them anyway unless you're currently having problems with your wheels feeling like they flex, or you break spokes all the time from big drops/landing hard.


I can see it now, everyone & their grandmother's gonna get those hubs because they think they need the extra strength

Recommend any other hubs at all?

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/27/2013 7:38 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Recommend any other hubs at all?

Can't really, can't say for sure about a cassette hub whether it's good or not, unlike a front hub they're more complex & more hit or miss. I heard good things about the Shadow Raptor & BTR, I don't like Shadow but I hear they're pretty good, except the BTR doesn't have same size flanges.

|

12/27/2013 7:50 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

If I ever need wheels I'm going for BoneDeth 48s front and back, why don't you wait?

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

I've bin waiting since September im kinda sick of waiting..

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I wouldn't bother with them anyway unless you're currently having problems with your wheels feeling like they flex, or you break spokes all the time from big drops/landing hard.


I can see it now, everyone & their grandmother's gonna get those hubs because they think they need the extra strength

48 hole wheels are probably gonna be the next trend after freecoasters

|

12/27/2013 7:55 PM

brianoob wrote:

48 hole wheels are probably gonna be the next trend after freecoasters

It already seems to be on here, next will be 48h freecoasters. I see a lot of people wanting them, but they don't even need them. Only reason you'd need 48h is if you're a bigger guy, land hard, or are constantly needing to true/re-spoke your wheels.

|

12/27/2013 8:00 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

It already seems to be on here, next will be 48h freecoasters. I see a lot of people wanting them, but they don't even need them. Only reason you'd need 48h is if you're a bigger guy, land hard, or are constantly needing to true/re-spoke your wheels.

Or if your Sean burns.. Do you recommend any hubs other then the cult match hub aka the primo mix?

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/27/2013 8:02 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Or if your Sean burns.. Do you recommend any hubs other then the cult match hub aka the primo mix?

Sean Burns falls into the category or landing hard/needing to true/re-spoke wheels.

and look a few posts above.

|

12/27/2013 8:43 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Sean Burns falls into the category or landing hard/needing to true/re-spoke wheels.

and look a few posts above.

Sorry for some reason when I was reading threw I missed my post and your reply.. I thought my internet fucked up and didn't post

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/27/2013 8:44 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Sorry for some reason when I was reading threw I missed my post and your reply.. I thought my internet fucked up and didn't post

Haha it's all good

|