Debating on keeping bike or buying new one.

Related:
Create New Tag

8/27/2012 3:18 PM

So, my current bike isn't amazing, and I'm new to biking.

I'm debating on either
-Keeping my bike and constantly upgrading it
or
-Spending £400+ in a few months on a brand new bike.

My bike isn't light, that's why I'm considering this.

For those who are curious, my bike is

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Only difference as of now is
-New salt grips
-Blank purple back wheel (it sucks)
-Shadow seat and no pegs.

|

8/27/2012 3:21 PM

Who cares if its heavy

|

I ride a: Cult
why do I ride?:peer pressure

8/27/2012 3:29 PM

if it was mine i would go out and buy a new bike. keep an eye out on ebay and gumtree and what not to see if you can et a well priced custom bike

|

8/27/2012 3:32 PM

By looking at your bike it probably weighs in at 26 or 27 pounds at most which is pretty standard weight for a bike with brakes. Best option is to just keep it and get used to throwing it around

|

8/27/2012 3:34 PM

I think it's around that smile
And forgot to mention, took the brake off.

|

8/27/2012 3:35 PM

Check out... Sunday, Fit & Wethepeople completes, quite a few different options for you price range smile

|

8/27/2012 3:39 PM

well if you really wanna do something about this situation, the best suggestion that i have is that you may want to give it a shot and not being a pussy

your bikes fine, just keep it the way it is, and as shit breaks, replace it

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

8/27/2012 3:42 PM

sketchytravis wrote:

well if you really wanna do something about this situation, the best suggestion that i have is that you may want to give it a shot and not being a pussy

I'll just go for this, but slowly buy lighter parts as I can afford them.

|

8/27/2012 5:26 PM

sketchytravis wrote:

Blank wrote:

I'll just go for this, but slowly buy lighter parts as I can afford them.

WEIGHT WEENIE, but yeah just take his suggestion, honestly, I don't really like your bike because its a stolen frame, and I have had bad luck with them, but in all honesty, just keep your bike and replace parts on it as you need too.

|

8/27/2012 7:30 PM

I remember my first legit bike build. tongue It had Poverty Carmi cranks(upgraded to sealed), Animal Jump Off stem, and some stock Kink pegs. Bike was probably like 30+ pounds.. Couldn't 180 for shit.. >x(

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/27/2012 7:37 PM

i've ridden alot of bikes like yours. I absolutely hate them. i'd keep it tho. Its legit just a bit old. first thing i'd do is buy some new high pressure tires, get some new bigger bars and grips, different pedals and pivotal seat then you'd be set. the bike will feel wayyy better. soon after i'd paint everything black so it doesn't look like shit. weight doesn't matter, its about how the bike feels and right now i can tell it would feel like shit.

|

8/27/2012 7:41 PM

IMO keep that bike unless it's honestly holding you back from doing what you wanna do...if not you're just throwing away money to have a "cooler" bike. From the looks of it your bike doesn't look any heavier than my Stolen, hell it's a lot better looking than my Stolen but my Stolen does exactly what i want it to do, which is get me through the trails.

|

8/27/2012 7:58 PM

Does it feel solid? No wiggling or broken things on it? If its still a solid bike, keep it, ride it, love it and save money. If it feels like shit, disassemble the entire bike and clean everything, inspect everthing and put her back together using plenty of grease. Ride it around and if it still feels like shit then I'd say resort to buying a new bike, or just replace some parts that are making the bike feel like poo.

|

8/28/2012 10:12 AM

Decided to buy my mates bike, will put pics up later.

|