Decent Beginner Bike For Around $200?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/27/2019 6:28 PM

Hey, this might be a bit of a wierd post or something since I'm on such a tight budget. I wanna get into this sport and ride with some friends. I'm currently 5'8 and have been thinking about this bike:https://www.the-house.com/qfrattx20bkyl16zz-framed-bmx-bikes.html simply because of how cheap it is and it having quite a bit of chromoly parts. I'd be happy to take any suggestions, I'm probably not gonna do any crazy stuff yet considering I've never really rode BMX. Thank you

|

3/27/2019 8:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/27/2019 9:02 PM

Nah dont get that, its trash. People tend to learn a lot faster and go bigger, sooner when learning with friends. You will outgrow that and it will become dangerous quickly. Hop on this https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/99?loc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fp%2F22026985310%3Fiid%3D283399355385 for the same ~$300, I could probably find you a couple used customs on craigslist. You might have to take a lil drive to pick it up though, if you wana go the craigslist route.

Edit: Heres what i found on craigslist:
https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/bik/d/tyro-fit-aitken-2-high-quality/6849760470.html

Idk what frame this is, but i dont think someone would put those parts on a hi-ten bike. Shoot homie a text n find out the frame https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/bik/d/commerce-township-cult-bmx/6849080436.html

another mystery frame. Again, just call and find out the model. https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/bik/d/allen-park-20-boys-purple-kink-bmx-bike/6849001987.html

Annnnnnd another mystery Cult frame lol. You know the drill.
https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/bik/d/waterford-cult-bmx-bike/6835094889.html

Ya got options, kid!

|

3/27/2019 10:03 PM

Closest bike worth getting at ~200 is the Mongoose Legion L100 on Amazon

Other than that there is a lot of trash in that price range.

Kink bikes are on sale on Dan's Comp which is nice. Kinks tend to be the highest quality for their price range across the board

|

3/28/2019 5:55 AM

If you want to drive up to Milwaukee, I'll sell you a full-chromoly SE Wildman Xpert cheap (or I could ship it if you wanted to pay shipping). It's an 09 but I'd, personally, rather ride a full chromoly bike over a hi-tens bike. It's listed in the bike check area.

|

3/28/2019 7:16 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

If you want to drive up to Milwaukee, I'll sell you a full-chromoly SE Wildman Xpert cheap (or I could ship it if you wanted to pay shipping). It's an 09 but I'd, personally, rather ride a full chromoly bike over a hi-tens bike. It's listed in the bike check area.

How much would you do for it?

|

3/28/2019 7:26 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

If you want to drive up to Milwaukee, I'll sell you a full-chromoly SE Wildman Xpert cheap (or I could ship it if you wanted to pay shipping). It's an 09 but I'd, personally, rather ride a full chromoly bike over a hi-tens bike. It's listed in the bike check area.

I also can’t find it in the bike check area.

|

3/28/2019 9:17 AM

I added a seatpost, seat and bars so, how does $150 sound?

|

3/28/2019 9:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/28/2019 9:24 AM

Here's the link to the bike.... as I got it and after I installed bars, seat and post (scroll).

https://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/Bike-Checks,27/2nd-chance-09-Wildman-X-pert,1317304?unread

P.S. If you don't care about the seat and post, I'll swap it out for the stock or similar & knock $20 off.

P.P.S. I could also maybe drive down to Kenosha & meet you if you wanted to drive up.

|

3/28/2019 9:58 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Here's the link to the bike.... as I got it and after I installed bars, seat and post (scroll).

https://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/Bike-Checks,27/2nd-chance-09-Wildman-X-pert,1317304?unread

P.S. If you don't care about the seat and post, I'll swap it out for the stock or similar & knock $20 off.

P.P.S. I could also maybe drive down to Kenosha & meet you if you wanted to drive up.

Sounds like a deal man, for $150 that sounds like a steal. I don't really care about the seat/seat post that much so I'm down to take the cheaper one. Kenosha is quite a bit closer to me than Milwaukee so that'd be ideal, If possible I would like to pick it up at "Pleasant Prairie Premium Outlets".

|

3/28/2019 9:59 AM

Mish coming through for the community again. I owe this man many beers and many curds.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

3/28/2019 10:04 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Here's the link to the bike.... as I got it and after I installed bars, seat and post (scroll).

https://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/Bike-Checks,27/2nd-chance-09-Wildman-X-pert,1317304?unread

P.S. If you don't care about the seat and post, I'll swap it out for the stock or similar & knock $20 off.

P.P.S. I could also maybe drive down to Kenosha & meet you if you wanted to drive up.

Astro5872 wrote:

Sounds like a deal man, for $150 that sounds like a steal. I don't really care about the seat/seat post that much so I'm down to take the cheaper one. Kenosha is quite a bit closer to me than Milwaukee so that'd be ideal, If possible I would like to pick it up at "Pleasant Prairie Premium Outlets".

Let me know what you'd like to do. I know the outlets well & could meet there. If you want, shoot me an email @

goo34@live.com & we can discuss details. I'll shoot you my phone number via email, as well, if you want to text.

|

3/28/2019 10:33 AM

This was dope as hell, dude! Mishinn, you are the man. Astro, enjoy the bike n shred, bro. WipesTear.gif

|

3/28/2019 3:32 PM

XxCAKEWOLFxX wrote:

This was dope as hell, dude! Mishinn, you are the man. Astro, enjoy the bike n shred, bro. WipesTear.gif

Will do! Mishinn is friggin awesome!

|

3/29/2019 9:20 AM

XxCAKEWOLFxX wrote:

This was dope as hell, dude! Mishinn, you are the man. Astro, enjoy the bike n shred, bro. WipesTear.gif

Astro5872 wrote:

Will do! Mishinn is friggin awesome!

That's what I keep telling anyone who'll listen!

|

3/30/2019 2:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/30/2019 2:56 PM

Good luck with the bike and your progression in the sport, bud! It's a frustrating sport, at times, but also the most gratifying of things you can do, Imho. Keep at it, be safe, and visit here often!

|

4/13/2019 11:33 AM

Update: So I've been riding the bike as much as possible and it's been pretty damn fun, I can hold a manual for a few seconds now and it's been a great time going to the skatepark and hanging out with friends. Thanks so much to Mishinn for the bike and letting me enjoy this sport

|

4/13/2019 12:41 PM

What a thread, I think mishinn earned a wheelset

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert