Demo rig tires or odyssey Hawk tires

Related:
Create New Tag

11/17/2014 7:47 AM

Hi guys,

I'm trying to decide which one of these two tires I should try out, I hear the Hawks are really fast but they are not true 2.4 size, I have no info on the rigs but demo makes solid stuff as well, if anyone can give me some feedback on these two tires I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

|

My FBM bike check

11/17/2014 8:35 AM

Rig tires are more agressive really. The Hawks are also really nice, but it depends on what you ride. If you ride nothing but nasty tarmac and street, i think the rig tires would be better. But if you ride more park and street with nicer terrain, the Hawks would be better.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/17/2014 9:09 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Rig tires are more agressive really. The Hawks are also really nice, but it depends on what you ride. If you ride nothing but nasty tarmac and street, i think the rig tires would be better. But if you ride more park and street with nicer terrain, the Hawks would be better.

Street is what i ride 95% of the time, so the hawks wear out quick?

Thanks for the input.

|

My FBM bike check

11/17/2014 9:33 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Flea wrote:

Street is what i ride 95% of the time, so the hawks wear out quick?

Thanks for the input.

They dont exactly run out fast, they just arent the best for it with my experience.

You really should get the Shadow Valor tires, they are WAY better than a lot of the other tires out there. Mine lasted forever and are still going strong.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/17/2014 4:32 PM

The rigs are new, almost nobody is going to have feedback. Try em, be one of the few.

|

11/17/2014 5:29 PM

Got a hawk 2.4 in the front and will get a 2.2 in the rear soon. They're pretty good on everything except super slick concrete theyll slip out if you carve too much

|

11/17/2014 8:54 PM

Maxxis

|

11/18/2014 12:12 AM

Get the rigs and tell us if theyre any good

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

11/18/2014 5:36 AM

I wouldn't want to try the rigs. Haven't seen anything good from Momentums or Machetes. Dont think Demolition has any luck with tires.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/18/2014 8:33 AM

If you want fast don't get 2.4 the bigger the tire the more slow and sluggish, I switched from 2.3 to 1.95 and the 1.95 feels much quicker

|

11/18/2014 5:09 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I wouldn't want to try the rigs. Haven't seen anything good from Momentums or Machetes. Dont think Demolition has any luck with tires.

THey recently changed factories and the rig looks much thicker. And my Machete is doing great. None of the bullshit like momentums.

|

11/18/2014 6:14 PM

I might just bite the bullet and try the demos, but now I'm starting to look at Maxxis tires lol

|

My FBM bike check

11/18/2014 6:43 PM

Demo tires are awesome! Ive been riding the machetes for some time now on 2 different bikes of mine. First tires Ive owned that actually gripped and didnt slip out at parks...and Ive ridden just about every popular tire out there. People complain about the momentums ripping on the side wall and such from grinding..but thats their problems. What do you expect with like a 19oz tire. I have no doubts the Rig tires are awesome , they are even made with the new compound to last even longer. As for Hawks not being true to 2.4 size, thats incorrect, As for performance, Ive noticed I can ride them at 90psi and with big drops, it still gives a soft landing . Both are very good tires, Get the Rig, Im positive they will do you well.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.