Demo rouge cassete greasing?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/5/2015 2:42 PM

hi guys was looking for some advice and what to do with this hub I recently bought 2nd hand its an older demoltion rouge anyways I'm pretty sure the driver and hub need to be greased up. When I pedal fast and take feet off pedals the wheel spins my cranks and when I push cranks backwards it spins wheel backwards slightly. Great for fakies but I assume that its not running right and hoping it just needs a greasing. If that does happen to be my problem I don't have much experience with greasing drivers got a pretty good idea of what I have to do but is there anything I should know before I get to work?

Thanks in advance

|

@Instagram - Mkamp1991

jumpings ramps and stuff in the south!...of Canada

11/5/2015 3:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/5/2015 3:19 PM

It's a good place to start.

Take it apart and clean it and then use a nice light Oil (like a chain oil), not grease on the inside. You don't need a ton of it in there either. Grease tends to gum up the pawls in cassette hubs and can cause the types of problems you are having.

Good luck!

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

11/5/2015 7:38 PM

thanks for the advice hoping that does the trick I also have an oddesey driver 1 piece driver that was on hazard hub I'm wondering if ill be able to use it on the demo hub the oddy driver is only year old

|

@Instagram - Mkamp1991

11/6/2015 8:38 AM

airkamp91 wrote:

thanks for the advice hoping that does the trick I also have an oddesey driver 1 piece driver that was on hazard hub I'm ...more

Only if they are exactly the same size where the pawls are and have the same amount of pawls etc.

Also check to see if you chain is UBER-TIGHT. If it is, try to loosen it slightly. I try to have a 1/4 inch of wiggle when my wheel is tight if I grab the chain by hand to make sure it isn't too tight.

Clean and lube your chain too.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/6/2015 4:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/6/2015 5:52 PM

and thanks I also thought that might be the issue tried it with no resolve and didn't get to switch drivers unfortunately my ody's a 3 pawl while the current demo is 4 pawl cant seem to get the driver off he axel either only tried for about 20 mins before I had to go to work though anybody got any idea why I'm have a problem with that

|

@Instagram - Mkamp1991