Demolition.

Related:
Create New Tag

8/10/2009 2:56 PM

Well, I officially am never buying anything from them again. EVER! You see, I order their Medial cranks, not the LT ones. Well they came in last Thursday and I was excited to put them on so I took my bike to my local bike shop and they try putting the cranks on without the press (for some reason Demolition sent a puller instead of a press which I think is dumb because howare you suppoed to pull a crank off when you can't get them on?) and they said that it won't go on because something is messed up so I have to send it back to Demolition. The only good thing about Demolition is their lifetime warranty.

|

Don't listen to me, I'm not on the list either!

Here's my blog: http://wcbmxscene.blogspot.com/

8/10/2009 3:02 PM

Damn that sucks ass,

|

8/10/2009 3:04 PM

the crank puller wored fine 4 me

|

Out tha game

fork 4 sale odssey classic dirt

8/10/2009 3:16 PM

It's not demolitions fault that you can't install your cranks

|

8/10/2009 3:25 PM

Adam wrote:

It's not demolitions fault that you can't install your cranks

Wow, did you not read what I wrote? I didn't try putting them on, I had my bike shop do it because I need not bearings and I didn't want to damage my cranks. The tool that they sent me was a press/pull and it did not work for shit. Maybe the other side of the spindle was messed up.

|

8/10/2009 3:50 PM

hahahahahahaha dude!.. they send u a crank puller to get urs off..and they dont send one to put them on.. i have those cranks and theyve worked for me for like a year..never one problem.. you put the crank on and then u put the concaved sealed thing they give inside the front of the crank and then stick the bolt into the spindle and that concaved sealed spacer thing is what tightens your cranks.. idk what the hell the bike shop is talking about.. they should slide right onto ur spindle?

|

team fatcats fer life.

8/10/2009 3:52 PM

def dont need a press for those AT ALL..i take em off and put em on all the time..

|

team fatcats fer life.

8/10/2009 4:09 PM

i like there cranks
they worked great for me ahaa

|

haha

8/10/2009 4:12 PM

maybe the shop didnt know how to put bearings in...

anyway..best way imo is to put the crank puller on and take a hammer and smashy smashy

|

8/10/2009 4:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/10/2009 4:14 PM

Dude the "crank puller" is made for putting them off. I called demo to find that out for mine. They have a life time warranty stop crying and call them up.
If you want I could get mine off and make a video tutorial to show you how to put them on.

|

8/10/2009 4:28 PM

i dont get this.. i have these same cranks.. put them on and tighten the bolt..thats it..and make sure u have the sealed spacer in the crank where the bolt goes so they slide on..

|

team fatcats fer life.

8/10/2009 4:40 PM

mikeo1112 wrote:

Dude the "crank puller" is made for putting them off. I called demo to find that out for mine. They have a life time warranty stop crying and call them up.
If you want I could get mine off and make a video tutorial to show you how to put them on.

Wow dude, must you talk bad about people? I would call them but if I call them Demolition would think that I messed them up purposely and won;t give me new ones, but if my bike shop calls and says they were unable to put them on then they will send them back. I have this all planned out dude. The tool was actually both a pull and a press but it didn't press for shit. Pulled nicely though.

|

8/10/2009 4:42 PM

ferthebirdz wrote:

i dont get this.. i have these same cranks.. put them on and tighten the bolt..thats it..and make sure u have the sealed spacer in the crank where the bolt goes so they slide on..

Oh, and no, they wouldn't just slide one like you said yours did, I don't know why. The guy that tried putting them on showed me some different 48 splined cranks and he said they should just slide on and they did, but not the Demolitions.

|

8/10/2009 4:57 PM

mikeo1112 wrote:

BMXgunnar08 wrote:

Wow dude, must you talk bad about people? I would call them but if I call them Demolition would think that I messed them up purposely and won;t give me new ones, but if my bike shop calls and says they were unable to put them on then they will send them back. I have this all planned out dude. The tool was actually both a pull and a press but it didn't press for shit. Pulled nicely though.

No I dont talk bad about people it gets old when you get so many people who cant work on there own bike and when they cant get a part on they come on here and complain and that is not a puller call demolition and ask them. Its made for putting them on. Did you shop put grease on the spindle? They will not go on if you dont cover them in grease.

|

8/10/2009 5:40 PM

grease helps for sure..dude alot of shops dont know what the fuck theyre doin..i brought my bike to a shop the otherday becasue i bought a pleg.. and i dont have any deep sockets or an extension to put put a peg on so i went there.. and they tried to tell me it wouldnt fit... im like huh wtf r u talking about.. theyre like come take a look.. they still have the other side of my wheel wrenched down in slammed in the dropout.. i was like well maybe u should like uhm ya know loosen the other side of the wheel and like not bend my fuckin axle...thanks dick.

|

team fatcats fer life.

8/11/2009 12:36 AM

i like my demo cranks
v1 sonnnn lol

|

jb07, Zachary_, Showtime402, bobPa, dee hos, joe-rod56, "idk i'm a loser", Gsport23, JoeGreen, Trenty Doo, fly for life,laloest

8/11/2009 12:45 AM

not trying to be a dick but my crank tool to put them on is the spindle nut just use it to put the arm in

|

jb07, Zachary_, Showtime402, bobPa, dee hos, joe-rod56, "idk i'm a loser", Gsport23, JoeGreen, Trenty Doo, fly for life,laloest