Demolition Coaster First Impression

Related:
Create New Tag

9/3/2014 6:37 PM

Well I got this fantastic coaster and it is great. At first it was kinda rough and made a few popping sounds and I wasn't too keen on the stock slack. I pulled it apart and its wayyyy easier than My reloader was. The KHE internals are honestly really good too! I flipped the hat washer over and the slack is at 1/4 a crank which I love. Plus once I greased it it was smoother than butter on a frog belly. I'm finally back to coasting and I love it. Hopefully it stays this great!!

The wheel and rim is also pretty great
Nice and true and the right weight. I will update reviews the more I get to use it!

Also my bike check will have pics on Friday. For a current pic, follow me on instagra. At @maxhardt

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/3/2014 6:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/3/2014 6:43 PM

It sucks fucking asshole

-From a guy who actually rode one. Before bmxsteve99 beats me , get a PRIMO

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/3/2014 6:43 PM

"Like butter on a frogs belly"

|

9/3/2014 6:51 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

It sucks fucking asshole

its not that bad lol. i have one and its been holding up for me good

|

virginia beach ~ instagram: @_harru_ ~ 4pegz

9/3/2014 7:00 PM

It looks pretty good the primo looks decent , think ill either wait for the profile coaster or stay cassette and get some elite wheels but it's almost winter here i can wait till spring for new wheels

|

9/3/2014 7:13 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

yes... we need an explaination...

i was expecting a "feels like a KHE coaster"

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

9/3/2014 7:28 PM

That 1/4 crank of slack is awesome isnt it? What's your setup? Any brakes or pegs with the coaster?

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

9/3/2014 7:41 PM

It sucks fucking asshole

The irony is that I was trolling you and I bought the rotator

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

9/3/2014 8:44 PM

It sucks fucking asshole

bmxsteve99 wrote:

HAHAHAHAHa

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

9/4/2014 6:34 AM

tomdon wrote:

That 1/4 crank of slack is awesome isnt it? What's your setup? Any brakes or pegs with the coaster?

Its perfect. And yes!! Brakes and 2 pegs for now, four maybe in the future! Right now I'm learning to get good oppo 360s so I wanna stick with 2 to make myself learn oppo 180s out of regular feebles BC I suck at them

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/4/2014 6:35 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

I was hoping it'd make someone laugh! When you live in West Virginia you just start saying stuff like that lol

|

9/4/2014 6:37 AM

It sucks fucking asshole

bmxsteve99 wrote:

Hahaha but really once you open it up (which is simple and easy) and flip the hat washer to the better slack, its so smooth! It always engages right and is perfectly silent. I really doubt I will have much trouble with it.

|

9/4/2014 11:57 AM

Guess I'll buy one now.

|

It’s all bmx

9/4/2014 1:19 PM

Fuck it buy a Primo

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/4/2014 6:31 PM

Fuck it buy a Primo

Nope, you need to be able to adjust slack and it is not necessary because other than the spacer thing, its completely the same.

|

9/4/2014 6:32 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

Guess I'll buy one now.

Do it dude. Its great! But remember, like i said, at first it makes popping sounds but after you pop it open, put the slack how you want, and make sure the grease is good, its absolutely perfect.

|

9/4/2014 6:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2014 9:23 PM

Fuck it buy a Primo

MaximusBikes wrote:

Nope, you need to be able to adjust slack and it is not necessary because other than the spacer thing, its completely the ...more

but..but...but i messed up the axle that they no longer use therefore no one can get it and it sucks!

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

9/4/2014 6:40 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

Guess I'll buy one now.

MaximusBikes wrote:

Do it dude. Its great! But remember, like i said, at first it makes popping sounds but after you pop it open, put the slack ...more

The popping noises are the clutch contacting the drive ring and the 2 breaking in. All coasters with khe style internals do it

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

9/4/2014 6:43 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

Guess I'll buy one now.

MaximusBikes wrote:

Do it dude. Its great! But remember, like i said, at first it makes popping sounds but after you pop it open, put the slack ...more

tomdon wrote:

The popping noises are the clutch contacting the drive ring and the 2 breaking in. All coasters with khe style internals do it ...more

so do the ezras but they never stop doing it :D

|

9/4/2014 6:59 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

tomdon wrote:

The popping noises are the clutch contacting the drive ring and the 2 breaking in. All coasters with khe style internals do it ...more

bmxsteve99 wrote:

so do the ezras but they never stop doing it :D

Yeah, i figured it out when i opened it. I just rubbed a tiny bit of grease on the ring in there so itd stop. and Ezras piss me off a little due to that. Might as well have a cassette with that much noise happening.

|

9/6/2014 1:49 PM

Check this out, technically the Rotator has EIGHT different slack options.

http://demolitionparts.com/wp-content/uploads/demolitionparts-slack-chart.gif

So everyone can find what they want!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/6/2014 1:57 PM

welp my frame is done painting, bike is all together drying in my yard, wheel comes monday so crossing my fingers that it work well

|

9/6/2014 2:30 PM

I want to paint mine for something different, BUT it is chrome. Granted I could use that Xmetals stuff, but that crap chips off with a gust of wind if not bonded well. Plus I don't wanna f up my chrome.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/6/2014 2:31 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I want to paint mine for something different, BUT it is chrome. Granted I could use that Xmetals stuff, but that crap chips ...more

if i remember correctly, adhesive promoter makes trans paint a lot more durable

|

9/6/2014 2:41 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I want to paint mine for something different, BUT it is chrome. Granted I could use that Xmetals stuff, but that crap chips ...more

bmxsteve99 wrote:

if i remember correctly, adhesive promoter makes trans paint a lot more durable

Yea, but I would be hard pressed to know what color haha. I thought about red, but all my accent stuff is red, so that'd be too much. Maybe green or blue? Not sure...

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/6/2014 2:50 PM

http://bmxcolor.narod.ru/
i use this everytime i repaint a frame

|