Demolition Rotator Coaster

Related:
Create New Tag

1/8/2014 12:44 PM

I'm thinking about getting a freecoaster. There's a deal that I don't want to miss , I can get one as a wheel but it would be ALL my christmas money. I was just wondering if their were any reviews or suggestions. I would it get it LHD with max slack , but it would be my freecoaster. Is it reliable? I don't work on hubs at all.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/8/2014 1:21 PM

Its only been out for like a month... kid in my town has one. Just a KHE clone im pretty sure. Just wait for the blind/neutral.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/8/2014 1:28 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Its only been out for like a month... kid in my town has one. Just a KHE clone im pretty sure. Just wait for the ...more

I know , that's what I asked. It seems decent but I literally have no shit idea about hub maintence and especially freecoasters. I just want something reliable if I'm shelling out all my money. Don't get much but I want a a coaster for summer.

|

My Cult 2 Short

1/8/2014 1:32 PM

Primo Freemix is designed to need the least maintenance out of any coaster. But we have the Tree, Profile, and Eclat coasters soon upon us so you may aswell wait. Although it appears the Tree is just an Ezra clone.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/8/2014 3:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/8/2014 3:02 PM

The Rotator is pretty much an alienation rush without the external slack adjustment. That said my alienation has been working great for a while now with zero maintenance and I'm sure the rotator would too. If you really don't want to wait any of the coasters out now will be fine, just pick whichever one your budget will allow. If you're in no hurry theres a lot of promising coasters coming out in the future

|

1/8/2014 3:27 PM

I was thinking about a freemix for sure , but I can get the Rotator cheaper .

Dennis rides it I believe , so if he shreds it I should be fine. I mean I could just get it greased now and then by my LBS but It would be easier if I did , but I don't know how to. Also , a LHD would would be nice as I could finally run my Colony sprocket and grind without having to worry about bashing it up and always having my chain loose. I wanted a freecoaster before they were a trend , just saying.

|

My Cult 2 Short

1/8/2014 3:43 PM

I've been thinking about getting lhd when I get my coaster but I realized my chain would be in the way for bb grinds if the profile isn't out by the time I buy new wheels ill probably go demolition or ezra

|

1/8/2014 4:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/8/2014 5:01 PM

Fuck it. I might just order it and a hubguard and slap it on and test it myself. I want one. I'll decide today but I probaly will and ride it !! Busting 250$ on one wheel is alot though. Can't wait if I get one , cruising backwards in the summer heat sounds awesome.

|

My Cult 2 Short

1/8/2014 5:44 PM

I'm likely going to be on a rotator soon... I'll let you know!!!

|

1/8/2014 6:19 PM

I was honestly considering this too. I wanted to get the cult coaster but heard more negative than positive feedback. The federal and alienation coasters are kind of outdated (not saying they're bad, but simply that newer coasters would probably fix a lot lf issues). I was considering the free mix but with the fixed slack I'm not sure if I'd like the amount in it

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

1/8/2014 6:32 PM

@Zach that's sick ! You shred so i'd trust that you'd put it to good use. Plus it's backed by Biz ! Can't go wrong with that.

@bmxfromma same ! I was SO stoked for the Cult Coaster , but more threads pop up about it being crappy or issues so I said no to it.I want the freemix alot but the deal on the demolition is something I don't want to miss. Plus the hubguard seems better than Primo ones

|

My Cult 2 Short

1/8/2014 7:00 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

@Zach that's sick ! You shred so i'd trust that you'd put it to good use. Plus it's backed by Biz ! Can't go wrong with that.
...more

Which hub guard is compatible with it? Just checked the demolition site and they didn't have a rotator specific guard

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

1/8/2014 7:05 PM

The demolition hub guard fits both demolition cassettes and coaster I'm pretty sure atleast that's what I thought i read on its description ......I'm not sure though I've never ran a hub guard

|

1/8/2014 7:19 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Its only been out for like a month... kid in my town has one. Just a KHE clone im pretty sure. Just wait for the ...more

I know , that's what I asked. It seems decent but I literally have no shit idea about hub maintence and especially ...more

if you end up looking for a rhd coaster, ive got one for sale super cheap, khe reverse v2 acb with externally adjustable axle, shit is solid

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

1/9/2014 8:45 AM

Bumping so more people can see and hopefully contribute

|

-HardBMX_Tim

1/9/2014 4:38 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

Bumping so more people can see and hopefully contribute

Appreciate it alots dude , thanks mate !!

Sorry for re-bump. I'm going to order it today. So if anyone has any final recommendations , I'd appreciate it. I've been torn for getting this or some clothes /headphones. So unless I get a reason why not to , I'll order it. Really hyped on riding backwards , and it would be a good improvement on my bike.

|

My Cult 2 Short

1/9/2014 7:01 PM

Appreciate it alots dude , thanks mate !!

Sorry for re-bump. I'm going to order it today. So if anyone has any final ...more

If you decide to order it you should definitely tell us how it is! Like the slack, how smooth it rolls, etc etc

|

-HardBMX_Tim

1/9/2014 7:24 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

If you decide to order it you should definitely tell us how it is! Like the slack, how smooth it rolls, etc etc

Definately ! Just waiting for my godfather to order it to his P.O box in the states for cheaper shipping then to Canada. But yeaup I'm picking it up as my first coaster. It's going to be black on black on black ! If Dennis can run it as well as Connor Lodes then I should be good. And Zach Krejmas too ! Plus I ordered the hub LHd with a hubguard so I can finally ride my limited edition orange Colony Offical sprocket without worrying about bashing it on grinds ! Time to slap pegs on. I figured I'll run it full slack. I'll let everyone know when my order goes through.

|

My Cult 2 Short

1/10/2014 5:24 AM

Definately ! Just waiting for my godfather to order it to his P.O box in the states for cheaper shipping then to Canada. But ...more

Not to mention that it's Biz's sig coaster too haha. Sounds pretty sweet man! I'm probably gonna order it and a new rim and just have a whole new wheel built up. I'm going to college next year and won't have the cash to drop if something happens to my coaster so I'm gonna keep my cassette as back up

|

-HardBMX_Tim

1/11/2014 2:44 PM

Update ! Order just went through !

So I'm getting a Rotator Hub in black , LHD . Laced to an Odyssey Quadrant rim in black , with black spokes and black nipples ! Plus I also ordered the Rotator hub guard so I should be all set and ready to go ! Black on black wheels always look amazing !

Really stoked !!! Time to get my backwards game on. I'll keep everyone updated if they want , and probaly a review too after I ride it a bit once it clears up some more.

|

My Cult 2 Short

1/11/2014 3:59 PM

Why did you buy a Quadrant rim? It's pinned, what sucks, if you're on a budget a Cinema 777 would have been the better choice.

|

1/11/2014 4:02 PM

I want one of these in chrome I think

|

1/11/2014 6:33 PM

solid, let us know how it worked... I woulda waited for a coaster since everyone and their mother is coming out with them soon... waiting for reviews and such

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

1/11/2014 10:28 PM

B(avaria)mx wrote:

Why did you buy a Quadrant rim? It's pinned, what sucks, if you're on a budget a Cinema 777 would have been the better choice. ...more

It was 30$ . I could have got the Cinema but I'd have to not get the hubguard , and that wasn't an option. Odyssey makes good parts so I'm not worried , plus the whole black skeem makes it that much better.

I'll tell everyone how it is. They came in polished but sold out the day of. I can't wait and I feel like it was a good choice , a whole wheel was 225$ without shipping or duty. I think with shipping and duties (America - Canada it will be 265$

|

My Cult 2 Short

1/12/2014 7:13 AM

I'm gonna toss my KHE on tonight and rock it at my next session.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/12/2014 8:33 AM

bmxfromma wrote:

I was honestly considering this too. I wanted to get the cult coaster but heard more negative than positive feedback. The ...more

Just for the record, I've had my coaster since it came out and I love it. It's been taken completely apart several times and cleaned + regreased and its been great. I think the negatives you hear are more from bad maintanence/owners not knowing how to properly tak them apart etc. if maintained properly, it's a great coaster. Just want to state that because I think people have been a little harsh on it, it's better than what vital has made out.

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

1/12/2014 8:12 PM

Does anyone know if it would be hard to change slack discs? I want full slack , but don't really know how to change it , I don't want to mess it up.

|

My Cult 2 Short

1/12/2014 8:17 PM

Definately ! Just waiting for my godfather to order it to his P.O box in the states for cheaper shipping then to Canada. But ...more

I had an orange Official sprocket. It bent. I don't even grind...

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

1/12/2014 10:14 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

I had an orange Official sprocket. It bent. I don't even grind...

Whatever , they're rare now and Guettler destroys everything.

Any help on slack discs though? And installing hardware replacable hubguards?

|

My Cult 2 Short

1/12/2014 10:22 PM

I've got an official stem it's pretty nice not riding it right now but guettler kills it

|