Demolition rolls/ rogue axle

Related:
Create New Tag

5/28/2013 3:50 PM

Does anyone know what way to hit the axle out? I've got out the driver and locknut. The axle is so stripped that the non drive cone is stuck at the end. I broke my vice trying to hold the axle to Remove that nut. And the axle won't budge out of the shell. I've smashed it with a hammer from both ends and nothing. So a little help please?

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/28/2013 3:56 PM

if you have the driver out, you can just hit it on that end and it'll eventually tap the non drive side bearing out along with it. if you can't get the cone off, you'll need to buy a new bearing as well.

|

5/28/2013 4:05 PM

tried it. wouldnt budge even with a sledgehammer. every internal piece was shot anyway but i figured i would try to get it all out and keep the shell. i gave up and threw it in my fire about 10 seconds ago. lol

|

5/28/2013 8:08 PM

tomdon wrote:

tried it. wouldnt budge even with a sledgehammer. every internal piece was shot anyway but i figured i would try to get it all out and keep the shell. i gave up and threw it in my fire about 10 seconds ago. lol

lol i dont know why if found that so funny, i guess i just pictured you freaking out with a sledge hammer yelling at the hub

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

5/28/2013 8:14 PM

tomdon wrote:

sketchytravis wrote:

lol i dont know why if found that so funny, i guess i just pictured you freaking out with a sledge hammer yelling at the hub

i wasnt freaking out. I grabbed the sledge hammer cause a regular hammer wasnt doing anything. and it slipped off the axle a few times and really messed up the shell. So I threw it in the fire and let the shell melt

|