Dents...

Related:
Create New Tag

3/12/2011 9:12 PM

When I got my frame, there was a small dent in the dropout. Now there's an even bigger dent, and a dent in the top tube. I doubt there's anything I can do to prevent more dents. How much longer will my frame last do you guys think? And is it worth it to ride it till it brakes?

|

3/12/2011 9:16 PM

usually when i get a ddent or a scratch i buy a brand new completely custom bike

|

I'm Fat, so what?
50 REFS!!!!!
TRAILER TRASH
BSD TRAILORPARK 21.1 Almost mint FOR SALE!!!! TEXT ME
if u need to talk to me
708 336 1697

3/12/2011 9:17 PM

Check your warranty and keep riding.. dents and scratches happen regardless..

|

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

3/12/2011 9:17 PM

Wade. wrote:

usually when i get a ddent or a scratch i buy a brand new completely custom bike

Or this... haahaa!!

|

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

3/12/2011 9:18 PM

Wade. wrote:

this!

|

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~

3/12/2011 9:18 PM

if its dent from you dropping your bike its fine but if your frame is so weak its denting when you land i dont think thats good

|

i ride a Sunday

Refs: irideafly, subrosarider65, ridebmx456, ayobmx, spikez5

cell #: 424-219-2490

3/12/2011 9:20 PM

its a used Eastern frame. And there's no way i'm buying a new complete. I have custom parts haha

|

3/12/2011 9:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/12/2011 9:22 PM

the_chaitinator wrote:

its a used Eastern frame. And there's no way i'm buying a new complete. I have custom parts haha

it was a joke

|

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~

3/12/2011 9:22 PM

the_chaitinator wrote:

swalowMY cockachino wrote:

it was a joke

oh haha my fault bro.

|

3/12/2011 9:23 PM

the_chaitinator wrote:

yeh well most used eastern frames are usually hiten steel, so its bount to dent. it will dent easier from rider abuse. but eastern are a nice brand imo and their new line of frames etc are so nice for if you get another.

|

3/12/2011 9:38 PM

yeah. I noticed the dent after jumping off a 7 set a few times. I don't feel like that should be enough to dent shit up. guess I was wrong.

|

3/12/2011 10:07 PM

ride er til she snaps, then get a new frame...

|

3/12/2011 10:29 PM

the only dent i have in my frame is were i smacked it with a hammer so my crank arm wouldnt hit.

|

A bike is not a bike if it doesn't have air in the tires.
Bike Check
BSD Front Street Hub Review
Primo Mix Review
Why You WEAR a mouthguard!
Refs.
\BMX-1995/

3/12/2011 10:36 PM

haha i have a pretty big dent on the top tube of my grim reaper, and i got it used to. but ive been riding it because i cant afford a new frame.

|

3/12/2011 10:37 PM

it happens. i never bought a flawless complete. theres always something to bitch about.

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS

3/13/2011 7:33 AM

Cjmdawg wrote:

the only dent i have in my frame is were i smacked it with a hammer so my crank arm wouldnt hit.

Put in a couple spacers. BOOM problem solved.

And as to dents, how the hell did you dent a dropout? They are solid. Unless you meant chainstay or seatstay. But basically ride it until you no longer feel comfortable.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura