Dents in chain stay.

Related:
Create New Tag

7/22/2013 9:51 AM

New to the forums here and I have a question. I recently found these three dents in my chain stays, I'm not sure how they got there and am wondering if they are anything to worry about. They are not from an impact as far as I can tell because the paint is not scratched up at all. Just curious if these buggers will effect the integrity of my bike at all...

There is one on the outer part and two on both of the inner parts
of my chain stays.

PhotoPhoto

|

7/22/2013 9:57 AM

Photo
cheerful
|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

7/22/2013 9:57 AM

those arent dents. thats for sprocket and tire clearance... the manufacturer put them there

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

7/22/2013 9:59 AM

Okay cool that's what I was hoping for. I looked at my old frame and it had nothing like that.

|

7/22/2013 10:08 AM

No offence and I realise you're probably just starting out but I found this hilarious. As already mentioned they are for sprocket/tyre clearance.

|

7/22/2013 12:29 PM

Wow, really funny guise. his frame is obviously about to snap on him and it NEEDS replaced before he gets hurt.

@OP dont listen to these guise they are trying to trolls you by saying its normal. you should just replace your frame and ill buy that one for 20 shipped??? yeah?

|

7/22/2013 12:34 PM

Those are Dimples. Seriously the worst thing any Frame Manufacturer can do to a Frame. Its for Sprocket & Tyre Clearance & I'm afraid to say its usually super cheap shit quality Frames that feature Chain Stay Dimples. I would replace that Frame sharpish my friend!

|