Denver Scene Video "Good Day Bad Day" and Why I Like Scene Vids

Related:
Create New Tag

1/2/2014 10:05 AM

Has anyone seen Dustin Arp's recently released "Good Day Bad Day" video? I just watched it last night and it's probably one of my favorite videos in recent memory. No crazy production value or anything, just solid clips on the endless abyss of rails and spots that the Denver area has to offer.

Watching this video last night made me realize why I like scene videos so much....

1. Scene videos give you a cohesive grasp of how a certain geographical riding scene/group of dudes approach riding their bikes.

2. The mood is usually care-free. light-hearted, and fun... I often see brands having such a "serious" aesthetic to their videos that it almost makes you forget what riding bikes is all about, fun.

3. You always get exposed to riders whom you've never seen before and are often times surprised. Case in point, my favorite section from "Good Day Bad Day" started off slow and questionable, but by half-way through the section, I was already calling it my favorite. This rarely happens in big name videos since you've likely heard of all the riders and have an idea of what to expect.

4. You can tell everyone involved in scene videos are friends who actually hang out together and have good chemistry, not just a contrived group of dudes who are forced to sit in the same van for a few weeks out of the year.

If you're as big a fan of scene vid's as I am, reply to this thread and let us know why!

|