Design your own parts

Related:
Create New Tag

7/15/2014 5:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/15/2014 5:40 AM

I have seen this on here before for frames but what parts would you like to have if you had them custom made. Id have some bars that are 8.75 tall 11 back and 3 rise and a wider concave pedal that uses the bpe bushing system

|

BORN FAST ish

7/15/2014 5:43 AM

A dildo seat so I can sit down more comfortably

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/15/2014 6:28 AM

I would maybe have a frame with similar geo to mine and a sweet batman logo seat stay bridge. And I mean the 80s batman logo.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/15/2014 7:04 AM

Id want uv responsive oil slick parts so when i ride in my blackout indoorskate park ill look uber

|

7/15/2014 7:36 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I would maybe have a frame with similar geo to mine and a sweet batman logo seat stay bridge. And I mean the 80s batman logo.

Ordr a laird bmx he does custom seat stays https://www.facebook.com/mike.laird.100?fref=ts

|

BORN FAST ish

7/15/2014 8:58 AM

Frame, bars, pedals, front hub, cassette hub, sprocket, stem, bottom bracket dust cover, and headset dust cover. I have most of those drawn up in Inventor haha.

|

7/15/2014 9:14 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Frame, bars, pedals, front hub, cassette hub, sprocket, stem, bottom bracket dust cover, and headset dust cover. I have most ...more

Don't forget my dildo seat

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/15/2014 9:15 AM

tomdon wrote:

Don't forget my dildo seat

That's not done yet, I still need to, uh, do some "tests."

|

7/15/2014 9:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/15/2014 9:17 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I would maybe have a frame with similar geo to mine and a sweet batman logo seat stay bridge. And I mean the 80s batman logo.

crispy_nugget wrote:

Ordr a laird bmx he does custom seat stays https://www.facebook.com/mike.laird.100?fref=ts

He does custom everything, and I know about them. 450 for a frame in raw or black is too much for me to afford though. Especially when my frame is completely fine.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/15/2014 10:11 AM

I know my frame cost £50 but its awesome

|

BORN FAST ish

7/15/2014 7:28 PM

I want an old gooseneck stem that looks like a dick so the scooter kids stop calling me a fag.

|


Insta: @devicacy

7/15/2014 7:32 PM

realityisajoke wrote:

I want an old gooseneck stem that looks like a dick so the scooter kids stop calling me a fag.

Already done man... fuck I don't have pic on this comp but I can get one next weekend.

|

7/15/2014 7:35 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Already done man... fuck I don't have pic on this comp but I can get one next weekend.

you have way too much time on your hands

|


Insta: @devicacy

7/15/2014 7:44 PM

There was a thread like this awhile back & it sparked a lot of interesting ideas, I like threads like this.

I would have a front hub for starters. I think I said this in the last thread but I forget.

Basically it would be a standard aluminum shell, logo laser etched somewhere in there to look neat, threaded chromoly center axle because I've had so many problems with press fit style hubs (still do), with 6mm allen key insert in the middle of the axle. Chromoly hardware, but also have thread on chromoly hub guards available (they wouldn't seize to the axle like some aluminum guards do) that easily cover the flanges & a little more. Lastly, it would have chromoly bolts with 6mm allen key broaches & 17mm wrench flats, and aluminum washers.

It would be kinda heavy I would imagine with all the chromoly hardware, but I would love it since it's threaded & chromoly, and I've had lots of troubles with aluminum thread on shit, and press on hardware.

|

7/15/2014 7:55 PM

Outside of the dildo seat and penis stem I don't want to share any of my designs yet... sad

|

7/15/2014 8:05 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Outside of the dildo seat and penis stem I don't want to share any of my designs yet... sad

I'll share his ideas then. stem w/ anus logo, frame with 22.5" rear and 18.2 inch tt, and pinchbolt cranks on 48s spindle. Also working on 13" bars with 35" width, 15 back and 7 up. 4 piece style with the curved cross bar/grip area like older dyno bars

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/15/2014 8:11 PM

tomdon wrote:

I'll share his ideas then. stem w/ anus logo, frame with 22.5" rear and 18.2 inch tt, and pinchbolt cranks on 48s spindle. ...more

Photo
|

7/15/2014 8:21 PM

Rubber stretchable chain with velcro locks.

You can't use it for actual riding though.

It will fit any frame in the market.

Easy to remove, so you can fit it on any bike you built that day.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
.
.
.
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

7/15/2014 8:22 PM

one try kid wrote:

Rubber stretchable chain with velcro locks.

You can't use it for actual riding though.

It will fit any frame in the market. ...more

Major design flaw. Will be difficult to install with a hurt shoulder.

|

7/15/2014 8:22 PM

one try kid wrote:

Rubber stretchable chain with velcro locks.

You can't use it for actual riding though.

It will fit any frame in the market. ...more

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Major design flaw. Will be difficult to install with a hurt shoulder.

must be couch resistant

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/15/2014 9:16 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

There was a thread like this awhile back & it sparked a lot of interesting ideas, I like threads like this.

I would have ...more

http://www.sundaybikes.com/gear/wheels-and-parts/storm-front-hub/#/0

Not sure if the hardware is steel or aluminum but looks close to what you want with the exception of hub guards.

And I think press on hardware is the way to go, as long as it is done properly, which is not the case for most companies unfortunately.

|

7/15/2014 9:25 PM

I would want all of my parts to come in almost every color.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

7/15/2014 9:30 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

http://www.sundaybikes.com/gear/wheels-and-parts/storm-front-hub/#/0

Not sure if the hardware is steel or aluminum but looks ...more

If that or the Cult Match had chromoly thread on guards, I'd buy them asap. I really leaned towards getting the Cult in the front with the S&M guards, but I already had/have two Daily Grind guards so I didn't feel like paying more for those guards.

I've had 3 different press on hardware style hubs, and they've all been shit for me. First two didn't spin worth a damn, and the one I currently have only spins really well if the bolts are barely tight at all & even then, it sounds like an unsealed hub when it's spinning fast.

|

7/15/2014 9:36 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

If that or the Cult Match had chromoly thread on guards, I'd buy them asap. I really leaned towards getting the Cult in the ...more

I've had a Marmoset and a set of Tree hubs, never had a problem with any of the press on collars. All spun really well even when tightened as hard as possible. It was a bit hard to take the collars off the Marmoset but a screw driver took care of that. The driver on my Tree cassette is still pretty rough and doesn't spin that well but I think that has more to do with the bushing than the press on collars.

|

7/15/2014 9:47 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I've had a Marmoset and a set of Tree hubs, never had a problem with any of the press on collars. All spun really well even ...more

Same with everyone else I know with press fit stuff. My first press fit hub was the Kink Viridian with the shitty tiny bearings, so that's probably why that didn't spin well. And I know this was my issue with my second hub, BSD, but they worked with me to fix it, but it still doesn't spin great so maybe the machining on this one is slightly off too

Not like I feel like I'm gonna flip over the bars any second while riding it, but I feel like a brand new hub shouldn't spin/sound like that, when I have friends with the same hub that are almost 3 years old, that spin longer than mine does when just tapped. I never fucked with my hub either so idk.

I might buy the Primo N4FL v2 hub sitting at the shop though & sell my BSD to someone cheap but idk if I feel like it haha.

|

7/15/2014 10:23 PM

already made a stem. but hubs, forks, pedals and maybe cranks

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

7/15/2014 10:25 PM

still a frame for me, not to sure on the geometry, But it would be something like a flatland frame, kinda like the killabee. only I'd have it build by dk.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

7/16/2014 4:08 PM

Credence bars

|

7/16/2014 7:48 PM

tecnic1 wrote:

Credence bars

And FBM US Apes

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine