Destroyed front wheels axle not sure of should replace axle or upgrade front wheel to rant party

Related:
Create New Tag

1/1/2020 10:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/1/2020 10:14 PM

I littrally got new bike and my front axle is destroyed contacted SC bikes I ordered online they havnt responded to email or calls at all and I’m stuck so I buy new axle and spend 500 hours putting a besring together or upgrade my front wheel in total which I’ll eventualy need to do its a difference of 40$ so I’m not totally sure seeing as I’m a teen and I’m broke after spending all my money to get a 2020 liberty

|

1/1/2020 10:13 PM

|

1/1/2020 11:17 PM

The specs of the kink liberty say the front hubs are sealed so it may be easier to replace the axle than you think.

|

1/1/2020 11:21 PM

What happened to your brand new axle?

|

1/1/2020 11:23 PM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

I bought it from SC aka it was built before and taken apart then shipped I beleive during disassembly or reassembly it was stripped

|

1/1/2020 11:24 PM

quick16g wrote:

The specs of the kink liberty say the front hubs are sealed so it may be easier to replace the axle than you think.

Thanks!!

|

1/1/2020 11:25 PM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

That's what I'm wondering lol. Unless someone is nice enough to send an axle I'd almost say it would be better to just upgrade your wheel after looking at axle prices.

|

1/1/2020 11:32 PM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

quick16g wrote:

That's what I'm wondering lol. Unless someone is nice enough to send an axle I'd almost say it would be better to just upgrade your wheel after looking at axle prices.

Thanks I tried local shop website becouse unopened they didn’t list my axle and i found it 1/2 of new wheel my mission wheel honestly I’ve untrued in first day but coulda been Couse I didn’t know was slightly loose or it was 10 stair but thanks

|

1/2/2020 6:20 AM

the axle or the nut is stripped?

can the threads be cleaned up and made to work?

Can you post a picture of the damaged items?

|

1/2/2020 6:23 AM

take it to your local bike shop and let them fix your wheel. You probably don't even know whats wrong with it.

|

fack off

1/2/2020 7:41 AM

if its sealed, buy an axle, easy peasy.

If you been wanting an upgrade new front wheel... nows the time to pull the trigger.

|

1/2/2020 10:44 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

take it to your local bike shop and let them fix your wheel. You probably don't even know whats wrong with it.

heads up i know what a stripped axle looks like axle is striped i went to tighten hub and my bolts would continue spinning after a certain point of tightness took off bolt and its completely stripped next to hub thanks though

|

1/2/2020 10:44 AM

jmz313 wrote:

if its sealed, buy an axle, easy peasy.

If you been wanting an upgrade new front wheel... nows the time to pull the trigger.

yea i think ill just upgrade

|

1/2/2020 11:58 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

YoBoi_FamilyDolla wrote:

heads up i know what a stripped axle looks like axle is striped i went to tighten hub and my bolts would continue spinning after a certain point of tightness took off bolt and its completely stripped next to hub thanks though

Sounds like you might be lucky, being that is a female hub. It sounds like just your bolts are stripped near the heads, your actual axle could be fine... Might just need a couple bolts.

Also the way you tell the story, it sounds like SC bikes should be helping you on this anyway.. A lot of people are just getting back to work today, some not until Monday..

Patience is a virtue they keep telling me..

|

1/3/2020 12:35 AM

Man if you had the know how you could run a die on the bolts and tap through the axle. Of course you need the size and tools.

|

1/3/2020 4:42 AM

Chances are good they took the HOLIDAY off, like most workplaces, especially those who are privately owned like that shop.

You mentioned it possibly being loose which could trash a 3/8ths axle and nuts if ridden hard, but then casually mentioned a 10 stair also...so it could be USER ERROR-which is the direction I am leaning towards. You tightened it and "at a certain point it keeps spinning"-this screams you went WAY too tight with it, and knowingly kept going once there was an issue.

If you JUST got it, and it was stripped out when you got it, WHY WOULD YOU RIDE IT OR KEEP ASSEMBLING IT?

On top of that, if you just got it and the front wheel has anything more than a minor wobble from spokes bedding in, I would guess that the 10 stair wasn't exactly smooth, or that your skills are too much for a 450 dollar bike.

Patience as they are probably pretty busy at the shop, but try contacting them during their business hours to POLITELY discuss it.

Also keep in mind, many shops that offer to ship bikes to homes specify that warranty MAY BE VOID if not assembled by a trained mechanic.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/3/2020 4:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/3/2020 4:59 AM

YoBoi_FamilyDolla wrote:

I littrally got new bike and my front axle is destroyed contacted SC bikes I ordered online they havnt responded to email or calls at all and I’m stuck so I buy new axle and spend 500 hours putting a besring together or upgrade my front wheel in total which I’ll eventualy need to do its a difference of 40$ so I’m not totally sure seeing as I’m a teen and I’m broke after spending all my money to get a 2020 liberty

Id say your best bet is to contact Kink. Thats probably what sc would end up doing anyway. Call Kink and explain the situation to them. They will be able to source the part or send out a replacement hub or wheel.

Takes pics of your receipts or forward them any confirmation emails of the purchase and send pics of the damaged axle.

Speaking of which, can you post a pic of the damage? Or a video showing the issue might be better.

|

1/3/2020 9:05 AM

im gonna go ahead and say SC probably didnt cause any damage and you caused it from over tightening.

|

1/3/2020 9:25 AM

Mulletsnax wrote:

im gonna go ahead and say SC probably didnt cause any damage and you caused it from over tightening.

Hear, hear!

This gets my vote as well.
I trust a bike mechanic that's been in the game 15+ years over a 15 year old that doesnt understand patience with customer service during the holidays.

Throw that 18" breaker bar in the trash

|