Diabetic BMXers?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/26/2013 2:10 PM

I know some of you know about my poor health with my shoulder, well this week i have been in & out of hospital turns out i am a type one diabetic & i needed insulin! I have to inject twice a day now & it got me thinking, i know of one BMXer for sure that has type one. Do you know any riders with Diabetes? How are they coping with riding & taking their meds?

Cheers Guys, Stay Cool

Topsey

|

4/26/2013 2:24 PM

That reminds me. I still have to make a drs appt to find out if I am. I get light headed and dizzy and can't functio n and sometimes fall randomly when I haven't ingested sugar but quickly getting some always seems to level things back out. Better safe than sorry I guess. And I would say to ride between when you need your insulin or keep it with you when ya ride

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

4/26/2013 2:39 PM

I take no medication
I have no allergies

I guess I am lucky

|

4/26/2013 2:45 PM

Tomdon, get yourself to a Doctor. Because of the meds i was on for my shoulder i didnt really feel "ill" Just happened that when an ambulance was called due to my shoulder pain they did the random tests they needed to do & my blood sugar was sky high. Normal range is 4-7 i was 26.4. You could potentially slip into a coma & never wake up mate. My eyes have been opened & im by no means looking for sympathy but reeeeally bad things can happen. All it takes is a blood sugar test. Prick of the finger little bit of blood & you'll see your sugars, maybe a piss test for keytones & if theyre high then a full blood test & help is pretty quick. DONT risk it!

|

4/26/2013 3:35 PM

my cousin has that too, he doesn't really ride much but when he does he pretty much just has to check his blood sugsr when he feels low and take glucose tablets to raise it if needed, as long as you have it under control he says its not a big deal

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

4/26/2013 3:46 PM

Topsey wrote:

Tomdon, get yourself to a Doctor. Because of the meds i was on for my shoulder i didnt really feel "ill" Just happened that when an ambulance was called due to my shoulder pain they did the random tests they needed to do & my blood sugar was sky high. Normal range is 4-7 i was 26.4. You could potentially slip into a coma & never wake up mate. My eyes have been opened & im by no means looking for sympathy but reeeeally bad things can happen. All it takes is a blood sugar test. Prick of the finger little bit of blood & you'll see your sugars, maybe a piss test for keytones & if theyre high then a full blood test & help is pretty quick. DONT risk it!

ill go and see what they say.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

4/26/2013 6:34 PM

tom white is diabetic

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

4/26/2013 10:39 PM

I'm not but my dad has Type 2.

|

4/27/2013 2:14 AM

17 with High blood pressure, arthritis, irregular heartbeat, family history of diabetes and heart disease.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

4/27/2013 2:31 AM

Topsey, I swear down you are just unlucky bro sad

|

Bruh

4/27/2013 9:40 AM

Yeah Zach, not having the best of luck haha.

|