Did AK Start the "Show Your Socks" Trend???

Related:
Create New Tag

12/4/2013 3:07 PM

Did Alex Kennedy start the "show your socks trend"??? I know Dak may have been rolling up the pants first (as a way to rep his Stance Socks sponsorship), but I feel like AK is who really made it catch on.

You dudes must know what I'm talking about... This new trend where EVERYONE is rolling their pants up to where they're a good few inches from even touching your shoe. Hell, I swear AK even bought some pants with like a 26 inch inseam so they will never cover your socks!!! I'm not saying I think it looks good or bad, that it's awesome or stupid, I'm just asking if you guys agree that AK is the trend setter. He's surely had a ton of influence in the street world over the past year, I'd imagine that might influence people's fashion choices as well....

|

12/4/2013 3:12 PM

either him dak or broc raiford. broc has done it for a while too

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

12/4/2013 3:14 PM

never seen kriss kyle not doing it

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

12/4/2013 3:28 PM

I dont do it… i wear low cheap adidas socks anyways. but aaron ross does it too

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/4/2013 3:36 PM

They look stupid . Not hating on the riders. But it just looks like you bought kids pants that don't fit ! Mind you , we've had our pants sagging for quite a while , maybe a change is good !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/4/2013 3:52 PM

I think it avoids having your pants eaten by the sprocket.

I could be wrong though.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

12/4/2013 5:05 PM

Lol you gotta wear pants so tight you cant roll them up. Fuck that baggy shit.

|

12/4/2013 5:05 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

They look stupid . Not hating on the riders. But it just looks like you bought kids pants that don't fit ! Mind you , we've had our pants sagging for quite a while , maybe a change is good !

No... rolling up your pants legs looks gay...

|

Refs: Four x4, Dolphin, BrokenBMX, Tomdon, ecuadevil...

12/4/2013 5:12 PM

my friend Ian has always rolled up 1 leg to keep it from getting torn in his sprocket.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

12/4/2013 5:19 PM

yea, ak and kriss kyle and some others may have set the trend. i think it looks good with cuffed jeans, but the socks and shorts combo is for swagfags.

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

12/4/2013 5:33 PM

He stole it from me :/

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

12/4/2013 5:54 PM

one try kid wrote:

I think it avoids having your pants eaten by the sprocket.

I could be wrong though.

Yeah I have been doing that forever because I eat shit everytime I dont haha I might get a mds just to save money on pants

|

12/4/2013 6:05 PM

BNC wrote:

Yeah I have been doing that forever because I eat shit everytime I dont haha I might get a mds just to save money on pants

it doesnt help really. i tear mine up all the time.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

12/4/2013 6:05 PM

I've seen more and more people wearing their jeans like that in the last year or two. I actually think it's something that just started with hipsters and now it's spread throughout skateboarding and bmx.

|

12/4/2013 6:37 PM

That shit looks lame

|

fack off

12/4/2013 7:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/4/2013 7:05 PM

I sometimes do it on hot days, otherwise it's shorts. I'd never go out and buy that type of shit lol. If that's AK's style more power to him. Hes just keepin it real.. I don't see it as a bad thing if others people become influenced, it's only clothing.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting