Did I do well father? (recently purchased my first BMX bike)

Related:
Create New Tag

3/31/2016 9:14 PM

Yo, I'm pretty new to the bmx scene, and I recently purchased my first bike 20.75" Cult Control 2016.

I'm 5' 8", weight 178lb (not sure if that matters for top tube size but whatever)

Riding the 20.75" top tube feels pretty good, but I haven't ridden a 20" so I have nothing to compare it to.

I know bike measurements is half subjective, half based on body, but I want people's opinions if I chose the seemingly right bike for me based on body measurements alone.

|

3/31/2016 9:17 PM

I'd say you did pretty well. I'm about your height and ride a 20.5" though, but it's all preference too.

Didn't do too bad on the bike either, there's a few other bikes I'd say were better choices for the money but it's definitely still a good bike and you'll have fun on it

|

3/31/2016 9:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/31/2016 9:28 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I'd say you did pretty well. I'm about your height and ride a 20.5" though, but it's all preference too.

Didn't do too bad ...more

I realized after i bought it that it wasn't full chromoly (only the front triangle) I read the description of the bike but somehow managed to skip over that

the rim strips are garbage though, and I'm not too fond of these tires anymore either, 2nd day riding the park I cased a manny pad with a decent amount of force (just a bunny hop) and it blew a 3mm hole in my tire and put a nice bubble in my sidewall

Photo

|