Did I make a good deal?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/6/2013 3:00 PM

I traded with a friend of mine (who doesn't really ride anymore) my Salt AM rear cassette hub and 40 euro (34 pounds) for his Odyssey hazard v3 hub. He bought it in april-june of 2012, and he hasn't really ridden it (all the tricks he did when he used to ride were can can and g y turn), so, the hub is practically new, i checked the pawls, the driver and everything is fine so i traded it. Thing is, i've seen that people doesn't seem to like this hub much, people say it skips, pawls wear out, etc. My old Salt AM rear hub also uses the c clip system (same as odyssey hazard) and it hasn't given me any problems in the year and a half i've been using it, except one day, the hub suddenly stopped to sound, and in 5 minutes, it started to sound again. When i got home i checked the driver, and greased it, it hasn't happened again since then (all of this happened like in March-May of 2013).
Also, his odyssey hasn't given him any problems (i will say it again, it's like brand new, he only rode it like 4 months, no pegs, no hard riding).
I'd like to know if i made a good deal, and if the hub is really that bad, i can get back my money and hub.

|

11/6/2013 3:04 PM

You make terrible English.

|

I have 75 cool points and 5 awesome points

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

11/6/2013 3:08 PM

Chances are they're the same hub. But imo the hazards suck. I don't like joytech hubs, or even CClip drivers. My homie had a Saltplus hub on his WTP Zodiac, and when we opened it up to switch to LHD it seemed legit. SDS system and all. I would take that one over a shitty joytech hub any day. However idk which one you had.

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


11/6/2013 3:08 PM

motogrizz wrote:

You make terrible English.

did you really have to be such a dick?
i'm spanish, and i'm studying english, it's not like i'm supposed to speak perfect english like you sir

|

11/6/2013 3:10 PM

motogrizz wrote:

You make terrible English.

ivancuestabmx wrote:

did you really have to be such a dick?
i'm spanish, and i'm studying english, it's not like i'm supposed to speak perfect english like you sir

Well I apologize for not realizing that you're Spanish. I thought you were a stupid American child tongue .

|

I have 75 cool points and 5 awesome points

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

11/6/2013 3:10 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Chances are they're the same hub. But imo the hazards suck. I don't like joytech hubs, or even CClip drivers. My homie had a Saltplus hub on his WTP Zodiac, and when we opened it up to switch to LHD it seemed legit. SDS system and all. I would take that one over a shitty joytech hub any day. However idk which one you had.

this is the one i had: http://www.tbb-bike.cz/img/wswg/kazetova_naba_am.jpg
and this is the driver, which i think is also c clip? http://www.bmx.co.nz/thumbnail_bmx.php?image_path=images_products/815_products_image_1_salt_hubdriver__PRO_cass_1-409-610-458-100.jpg&max_size=900

|

11/6/2013 3:13 PM

The salt LOOKS better imo. And if its not, its the same as the hazard. I honestly don't know. Btw you're english is fine lol. Probably better than mine xD

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


11/6/2013 3:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/6/2013 3:22 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

The salt LOOKS better imo. And if its not, its the same as the hazard. I honestly don't know. Btw you're english is fine lol. Probably better than mine xD

lol thanks, i'll think about getting back my hub and when it breaks i might get a primo mix or something, but the problem is that recently i spent a lot of money on the bike (had to buy forks, frame and rear rim)

i forgot to say that the bearings of the salt hub seem to be a bit fucked, when the wheel is rolling and i'm holding the axle i can feel that there's a lot friction and i can hear some noises, like if the bearings were full of shit (can't really explain this in english well), the wheel also stops to roll early

|

11/6/2013 5:01 PM

The hazards are fine hubs. Not as good as some other but can last for along time and parts are cheap

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

11/7/2013 6:09 AM

any more opinions?

|

11/7/2013 9:40 AM

Como eres español te habló en español xD. Lo siento pero no tengo ni puta idea. Si tu buje estaba jodidillo y este no lo esta has hecho bien. Si piensas pillar un buje, el cult match es barato y bueno, experiencia propia.

|

RIDE OR DIE



THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

11/7/2013 1:47 PM

T-rider wrote:

Como eres español te habló en español xD. Lo siento pero no tengo ni puta idea. Si tu buje estaba jodidillo y este no lo esta has hecho bien. Si piensas pillar un buje, el cult match es barato y bueno, experiencia propia.

al final me voy a quedar con el hazard, porque ya encargue los radios de su medida, y el buje esta nuevo asi que mejor que el mio que tenia un año y medio y me habia dado un problema será mejor el hazard

|