Did i find a hell of a bike for a good price?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/11/2018 10:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/11/2018 10:29 PM

Guy wants $250 for it - gonna try to talk him down to $200 because i have to drive an hour and a half for it - but this is a solid bike from what I see.
Akimbo Cranks.
Javelin hubs laced to RS rims.
S&m bars.
Fit frame. Don't know which, though.
R25 or 32 forks. Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo
Photo
Photo

|

3/11/2018 10:29 PM

Seems alright for $200 if you can talk him down...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

3/11/2018 10:30 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Alright? I mean the cranks alone are $149 new.... plus the wheelset, frame, forks, etc.

|

3/11/2018 10:36 PM

If you don’t buy that i’ll hold a grudge against you. GET IT!

That’s one hell of a nice bike with tons of aftermarket parts

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

3/11/2018 10:38 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Raffy wrote:

Alright? I mean the cranks alone are $149 new.... plus the wheelset, frame, forks, etc.

I mean yeah it's awesome dude! Sorry it's like 1 in the morning right now and I'm tired as shit lmaolaughing

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

3/12/2018 1:26 AM

If you get it, don't forget..

Photo

So you don't get snaked.

|

3/12/2018 3:03 AM

Stolen, maybe?

|

3/12/2018 5:44 AM

fuck yea buy that bike

|

It’s all bmx

3/12/2018 10:52 AM

Get the serial and call the local PD non emergency line to determine if stolen. Also check FB and CL for posts locally for a stolen bike matching that description.

Then if it is clear, BUY IT.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/12/2018 11:03 AM

We settled on $220 - checked local bmx groups in his area & checked craigslist - nothing. I'm taking it back home anyway which is over 100 miles from where he is

|

3/12/2018 11:11 AM

Raffy wrote:

We settled on $220 - checked local bmx groups in his area & checked craigslist - nothing. I'm taking it back home anyway ...more

It's not whether you get caught with it it's that it was stolen from a guy and that sucks.
Anyway if the local Facebook groups were clear then it won't have been stolen

|

Hmmm

3/12/2018 3:15 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Get the serial and call the local PD non emergency line to determine if stolen. Also check FB and CL for posts locally for a ...more

No people sell bikes like this all the time ,they just get passed around like a whore. And eventually some dumbo sells it for cheap.
Example a bought a superstar with profile minis,g sports,profile columns cranks ,profile sprocket,profile mulville stem and r25 forks for £280 (and it was off someone who know his stuff but just needed it gone asap

|

Follow on instagram will follow back.
brandonmorris_

3/12/2018 6:34 PM

Good deal!

Must have got it second hand. He has the hub guard on the opposite side he grinds. Maybe just switched em for a day of opposite grinds...or he bought a wheel from a friend and never switched it over. Is there grind damage on both sides?

|

3/15/2018 5:27 AM

Solid deal, but I still suggest calling the non-emergency line BEFORE buying a bike. If it is reported stolen and you are seen on it/caught with it, you best have proof of how you got it or you get nailed for possession of stolen property, it gets confiscated and you are out your cash.

When I buy something on CL I screenshot the ad with the contact info showing, screenshot all contact I have had with the seller up to it being in my hands.

I don't trust idiots. There is a handful around here in general (not bike stuff) that sell stolen stuff and have reported the buyer for having it, and I have also seen people get screwed by sellers trying to report their items stolen AFTER THEY SOLD IT.

So if/when I buy something like that, I cover myself.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura