Did pedal grind tricks caused pedal loose easily?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/15/2017 2:15 AM

I'm a sad pegless rider, doing pedal grind tricks all the time, but my pedal usually get loose from the crank,

did anyone have same situation? share your experience

|

pegless, sad but true

9/15/2017 6:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2017 7:03 AM

andyl1u wrote:

I'm a sad pegless rider, doing pedal grind tricks all the time, but my pedal usually get loose from the crank,

did anyone ...more

Are your cranks on the right sides? Did you build your bike or did someone else? Check your pedals to see if the left one is on the left side.

|

9/15/2017 6:57 AM

I do loads of pedal slides. I'm sad too. But my pedals never come loose. If you've ridden with loose pedals you may have damaged the threads, so it won't stay tight and will progressively get worse.

|

9/15/2017 11:12 AM

andyl1u wrote:

did anyone ...more

Bulletpup wrote:

Are your cranks on the right sides? Did you build your bike or did someone else? Check your pedals to see if the left one is ...more

Yeah absolutely right side and pretty sure that tightness is enough, strange : /

|

pegless, sad but true

9/15/2017 11:16 AM

Could be the cranks? I do a very small bit of pedal grinds and I'm pegless as well, and I never had this issue.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

9/15/2017 11:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2017 11:18 AM

andyl1u wrote:

did anyone ...more

Bulletpup wrote:

Are your cranks on the right sides? Did you build your bike or did someone else? Check your pedals to see if the left one is ...more

andyl1u wrote:

Yeah absolutely right side and pretty sure that tightness is enough, strange : /

Hmm have you taken the pedals off to see if the threads are visibly damaged? Grumpysteve might be right. If you loosen them a bit also check if they wobble up and down, back and forth, in and out more than usual. Something to try.

|

9/15/2017 11:18 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I do loads of pedal slides. I'm sad too. But my pedals never come loose. If you've ridden with loose pedals you may have ...more

Yeah I know, I always tight the pedals immediately when I noticed it, I also tried to assembled with different pedals and cranks to test (even those are brand new), but it still happens, really sad for being a SAD PEGLESS rider lol

|

pegless, sad but true

9/15/2017 11:26 AM

readybmxer wrote:

Could be the cranks? I do a very small bit of pedal grinds and I'm pegless as well, and I never had this issue.

Run with new cranks over a month now and it still happened....

|

pegless, sad but true

9/15/2017 11:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2017 11:30 AM

readybmxer wrote:

andyl1u wrote:

Run with new cranks over a month now and it still happened....

Maybe some thread lock? Idk man, if youve tried different pedals and cranks and its still happening its gotta be something youre doing with the grinds or not tightening them enough. It sounds like you are tightening them enough though. Are you getting the same brand cranks and pedals each time? Maybe the two brands specs are a bit off to mate together well enough?

|

9/15/2017 11:34 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

andyl1u wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Hmm have you taken the pedals off to see if the threads are visibly damaged? Grumpysteve might be right. If you loosen them a ...more

Already checked it, they are fine,

I was thinking I always tight the pedal by Allen key from the back of axle, not using 15mm or 17 wrench to tight them, different tools affect the tightness torque perhaps ?

|

pegless, sad but true

9/15/2017 11:37 AM

andyl1u wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Hmm have you taken the pedals off to see if the threads are visibly damaged? Grumpysteve might be right. If you loosen them a ...more

andyl1u wrote:

I was thinking I always tight the pedal by Allen key from the back of axle, not using 15mm ...more

Yes! Allen key is a get you home sort of deal! Pedal wrench or some other kind or wrench! Makes a HUGE difference.

|

9/15/2017 12:56 PM

Yeah, use a 15mm spanner. They don't have to be ridiculously tight, but getting decent torque with an allen key is harder.
#sadpeglesssociety smile

|

9/15/2017 2:58 PM

Get locktite my pedals would come loose after like e0 mons of riding or so and then I'd tighten them up and they'd come loose again... I put locktite on my pedals, they never came loose again...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/15/2017 7:11 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

andyl1u wrote:

I was thinking I always tight the pedal by Allen key from the back of axle, not using 15mm ...more

Bulletpup wrote:

Yes! Allen key is a get you home sort of deal! Pedal wrench or some other kind or wrench! Makes a HUGE difference.

I feel shame on myself now lol

|

pegless, sad but true

9/15/2017 7:15 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Get locktite my pedals would come loose after like e0 mons of riding or so and then I'd tighten them up and they'd come loose ...more

good advice !!! I'll try it with locktite

|

pegless, sad but true

9/15/2017 8:09 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Get locktite my pedals would come loose after like e0 mons of riding or so and then I'd tighten them up and they'd come loose ...more

andyl1u wrote:

No shame, the allen hole, its like a trap, its there so you automatically assume its good enough and it very well might be for someone that isnt as rough on thier pedals but anyway thread lock wont hurt to be extra sure. smile

|

9/15/2017 10:20 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

andyl1u wrote:

Make sure its the blue locktite because if you get the red one you'll need like a blowtorch or something really hot to get it off...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...