Dieting

Related:
Create New Tag

8/2/2020 4:15 AM

Great to see so much talk about veganism, but whatever you do, don't go down the raw / fasting whatever path, we've seen enough people mess up going that way. Even in the BMX world. It's just too limiting and in the longer run can lead to deficiencies. I've personally been vegan for 10 years and feeling great, healthier than I was before, but I didn't even care about the health, it was purely for ethical reasons at first. I went the first 5 years without any supplements, but then found out it was necessary to do so, which fixed some of the problems I had really fast - cramps from b12 deficiency to be exact. So supplementing is a great idea whatever "diet" you're on, think we all avoid some foods or don't consume enough of them to get everything. Depending on where you live, you may not get D-vitamin or some minerals etc. Plus there's the whole you-shouldn't-have-this-and-that-at-the-same-time thing - for example dairy milk messes with iron absorption, so in fact my iron levels got better after I went plant-based even though it should theoretically be harder to get from plants.

Eat whole foods, include all the colors in your meals, cook yourself, prepare for the day. Have a variety of things, lots of fiber to keep you feeling full, include protein-rich legumes and such. And as Kyle said, it's a good idea to keep track of how much and when you eat. When I'm just sitting at the office all day, I don't need as much fuel as when I work outside and ride. When I'm injured, I try to eat more of the stuff that's good for healing and avoid stuff that's inflammatory. Basically every time I'm injured, I google what I was supposed to avoid for that period. It's a good idea to avoid inflammatory foods to recover faster from a heavy day of riding as well, can definitely feel it in my knees. I've definitely linked eating ice cream and other sweets to pain in my knees. (my kneecaps tend to move in the wrong track and lock up, eat away at the surroundings, then swell up and all sorts of movements hurt like a...)

And yeah, of course stretching, working out and so on are also important. Yes, you can just chill with your friends and keep doing whatever you're doing... but then you hit mid 20s and feel like a trainwreck, think of quitting the sport. For some of us this just isn't the option, we want to keep on pushing the sport, our own time on the bike having fun etc. It would most likely impact your whole future, on and off the bike. Imagine you mess up your body riding the bike for 5-10 fun years and then spend the rest of your life not being able to do anything physical... that would suck so much.

In conclusion, I would say cooking yourself is the first thing you should start doing if you haven't learnt to do that. I know a lot of people never get into it, only being able to fry their eggs and bacon or maybe make an easy salad.

|

8/3/2020 11:26 AM

Don’t fall for the high protein fad and all the other shit thats constantly pushed when it comes to athletes

Fruit is where it is at unfortunately its not easy and most people give up because they don’t have the will power to go through the detox that comes with extreme diet change yes it goes away once you make your way through that phase

You can find some extremely helpful information youtube that your doctors will never tell you about because big pharma won’t make any money

But if you are willing to learn check out some of the vegans on there dr moris (Spelling maybe wrong) is an extremely helpful health expert that I recommend all of you look into

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

8/3/2020 1:26 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Don’t fall for the high protein fad and all the other shit thats constantly pushed when it comes to athletes

Fruit is where it is at unfortunately its not easy and most people give up because they don’t have the will power to go through the detox that comes with extreme diet change yes it goes away once you make your way through that phase

You can find some extremely helpful information youtube that your doctors will never tell you about because big pharma won’t make any money

But if you are willing to learn check out some of the vegans on there dr moris (Spelling maybe wrong) is an extremely helpful health expert that I recommend all of you look into

You are a moron.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

8/3/2020 2:08 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

You are a moron.

High fructose diet what could go wrong. Diabeetus is a hoax. Illimiguynattyeye reminds me of rawbliss.

|

8/3/2020 5:55 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

You are a moron.

Cellmember wrote:

High fructose diet what could go wrong. Diabeetus is a hoax. Illimiguynattyeye reminds me of rawbliss.

Are you serious hahaha fruit literally cures diabetes... you dumb ass.

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

8/3/2020 6:46 PM

And smoking weed cures lung cancer.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

8/3/2020 7:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2020 7:44 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

You are a moron.

Cellmember wrote:

No it doesn't you stupid fuck. You really are as stupid as people are claiming. Show me studies where fruit cures diabetes if anything a keto/carnivore with fasting has been shown to reverse diabetes. You are backwards. I guess I know where my downvote came from ahaha.

|