Difference between low-down frames and normal frames

Related:
Create New Tag

10/5/2011 4:08 PM

Just wondering how a low-cut might ride different maybe in a good way or bad way?

|

10/5/2011 4:19 PM

It "makes it easier to tailwhip," even though it really doesn't.

It also makes the frame a bit weaker, makes it impossible to sit down, and makes you look like an idiot.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

10/5/2011 4:27 PM

For those kids who like to scooter and BMX at the same time.

|

Turn Around & Take It Like a Champ.
Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

10/5/2011 6:12 PM

its all about what people like. doesnt affect much.

|

10/5/2011 8:34 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

It also makes the frame a bit weaker, makes it impossible to sit down, and makes you look like an idiot.

how does shrinking the two triangles of a frame on a road bike or mountain bike frame make it stiffer and stronger and it doesn't carry over to bmx frames?

more proof on your "weaker" theory please if you're going to tell people things like that

|

twitter

PROBZ

10/5/2011 8:39 PM

BJ Tomczik wrote:

how does shrinking the two triangles of a frame on a road bike or mountain bike frame make it stiffer and stronger and it doesn't carry over to bmx frames?

more proof on your "weaker" theory please if you're going to tell people things like that

Isn't the theory something like "bigger triangles are stiffer?"

|

10/5/2011 8:50 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

BJ Tomczik wrote:

Kenealy wrote:

Pretty much. That's what I understand. I think the closer a triangle is to an equillateral triangle, the stiffer it is.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

10/5/2011 9:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/5/2011 9:26 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

BJ Tomczik wrote:

Kenealy wrote:

Nope,

then why would road and mountain bike companies be shrinking them in order to make them stiffer/stronger. Even Specialized, Trek, and other big brands embrace the smaller triangles and produce the stiffest frames available

|

twitter

PROBZ

10/5/2011 9:59 PM

BJ Tomczik wrote:

Nope,

then why would road and mountain bike companies be shrinking them in order to make them stiffer/stronger. Even Specialized, Trek, and other big brands embrace the smaller triangles and produce the stiffest frames available

i think he is going purely off the basis of the killardo which from what i under stand a lot of people where snapping the head tube.
but thats one brand and all bikes do break.

idk any info that supports gemetriclly that the lower profile bikes break easier.

|

10/5/2011 10:00 PM

why would they break easier, if it was something it wouldnt break easier because the seat tube is shorter which makes it stronger

|

Refs : ninjacat33

10/5/2011 10:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/5/2011 10:05 PM

I'm not saying the lower frames are stronger, I just don't see any way that they would be weaker

headtubes also ripped off the fit DAK frame, which wasn't low

a Killorado frame broke because they were shitty, not because they were low

|

twitter

PROBZ

10/6/2011 1:51 AM

kikcer2 wrote:

its all about what people like. doesnt affect much.

this... nothing else. just personal preference. they are better for flatland though

|

Maintenance guy at The Railyard Bike Park in Rogers, Arkansas

facebook.com/TheRailyardAR/
Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

10/6/2011 6:47 AM

Imo low frames look like shit, but that's all personal pref

|

Refs: Wade. Beastassdick. ScramHype Lee_Rager(x7) Spikez5 TCBmx Dolphin
With seller feedback and ref on Bmx-forum.com and PBNation.com. WhiteKinght

10/6/2011 7:11 AM

BJ Tomczik wrote:

I'm not saying the lower frames are stronger, I just don't see any way that they would be weaker

headtubes also ripped off the fit DAK frame, which wasn't low

a Killorado frame broke because they were shitty, not because they were low

If I get some ambition later I will draw you up a quick AutoCAD diagram and show you why smaller triangles are in fact weaker.

|