Difference of flatland bike vs freestyle?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/12/2016 11:17 AM

I have a 2016 WTP Justice and wanted to try flatland tricks. I saw they have bikes for flatland? Does freestyle bikes not go under that category?

|

8/12/2016 11:34 AM

luckyluciano777 wrote:

I have a 2016 WTP Justice and wanted to try flatland tricks. I saw they have bikes for flatland? Does freestyle bikes not go under that category?

Any bike can be used for flatland. While once truly experienced with it, a flat frame may help you for certain tricks , what you have now will work without any issues

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

8/12/2016 12:51 PM

There's certain things that will help quite a bit with flatland. A flatland bike will have different geometry on the frame and components to make it more user friendly. A gyro if you use a rear brake is pretty essential, as is a good front brake with the cable routed through the steerer of the forks. A freecoaster hub will help a lot too. But your bike will be fine to learn a few beginner/basic tricks.

|

8/12/2016 2:44 PM

you'll be fine. if you really want to start learning flat, I suggest looking into the WTP utopia line. the only other thing i suggest is putting 2 brakes and 4 pegs and learning 80's tricks

|

It’s all bmx

8/12/2016 7:20 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

you'll be fine. if you really want to start learning flat, I suggest looking into the WTP utopia line. the only other thing i suggest is putting 2 brakes and 4 pegs and learning 80's tricks

OH MY GOD THIS.

Honestly a bike is all you need. 4 pegs help. Brakes help. They aren't necessary, but will give you the tools to start.

SIDE NOTE: Flatland is SUPER hard and takes an insane amount of dedication.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura