Different kinds of companies.

Related:
Create New Tag

10/4/2013 9:42 PM

What do you guys like/support. The happy companies like sunday,odyssey,éclat,and tree. The hardcore metal companies like FBM or S&M. or the stoner brands like cult subrosa and OSS. I ride a subrosa with almost all odyssey parts. What do you guys think you are like? Im just trying to keep the forum moving.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

10/4/2013 9:48 PM

sunday and odyssey are the only companies i really like. s&m is a swagfag company now.

|

10/4/2013 9:49 PM

If the parts don't break I'm cool with the company. But customer service better be good too

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

10/4/2013 9:50 PM

Scenekid69 wrote:

sunday and odyssey are the only companies i really like. s&m is a swagfag company now.

the rasta took it overboard.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

10/4/2013 9:50 PM

I support S&M and FBM, any company that keeps everything in the states but also odyssey and bone deth.

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

10/4/2013 9:56 PM

Just usually whatever the LBS has in stock. I feel that it's more important to support your local bike shop than a specific company.

|

10/4/2013 10:02 PM

brianoob wrote:

Just usually whatever the LBS has in stock. I feel that it's more important to support your local bike shop than a specific company.

true true

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

10/4/2013 10:09 PM

Fbm and Bone Deth are the companies I currently support, (I'm not really a "hardcore metal" rider whatever that means). Don't have to be hardcore to support them though.

Reasons behind supporting FBM: They take pride in their work and don't ship overseas to make more profit. Customer service seems like excellency at it's finest. I'm not so sure how FBM gives back to the community of BMX but I'm sure they got something.

Bone Deth: Gnarly dudes and they're pretty distinct... Anyone who's watched any of their videos knows what I mean. Bone Deth supports BMX by giving back with whatever they can. They also got this sort of like contest thing going on about the best roof drop or gnarly scary chic pose.... whoever wins gets free bars (check it out).

I guess you can add Odyssey to my list I got to do some more research on them though. I'm doing this new thing were I'm building a custom bike with nothing but parts of companies that support Bmx. Different people have different opinions so I guess you can say my opinion of who supports Bmx and what they do to give back. I used to rep Alienation but they're customer service sucks... I emailed them once and never got an email back. I wasn't asking for free shit or anything like that either... I had a legitimate question about their parts and they seemed to just ignore my email.

|

10/4/2013 10:14 PM

Im the all american redline and haro kind of guy.

|

10/4/2013 10:17 PM

I ride whatever I like spec-wise, quality/strength-wise, and service-wise. All 3 of those play a huge role.

My frame, forks, bars & cranks are all Sunday/Odyssey. Because of the strength & 41 thermal guarantee. I've cracked 2 pairs of Sunday forks now, and both times they hooked me up no questions asked & with no troubles. Also, I used to ride a Sunday OG frame.. had that thing forever & it held up to everything I put it through, so I stuck with them.

|

10/4/2013 10:19 PM

Who ever makes the parts that seem the best to me I'll run, but if I have a choice I usually try to go with something made in the USA.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

10/4/2013 10:19 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Might wanna look at where most their frames and parts are made. They're not as "all American" as you.

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

10/4/2013 10:21 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Madtown608 wrote:

Might wanna look at where most their frames and parts are made. They're not as "all American" as you.

grin you want american buy some FBM or S&M... Costs more though....
|

10/4/2013 10:22 PM

ummm well im not a stoner but i like cult.. but i really only got them because i couldnt afford ody stuff and i had seen a couple of pros that werent sponsored by them rocking there stuff so i went with it...

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

10/4/2013 10:23 PM

Scenekid69 wrote:

What if they're just making swagfag looking parts, to sell them to the 11 year olds who think that shit's cool, thus making money?! $$$$

Photo

|

10/4/2013 10:25 PM

Isn't that the definition of selling out^? regardless i dont really care lol i dont like them so I won't ride their parts.

|

10/4/2013 10:26 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Madtown608 wrote:

My friend has a redline and it was made in California. The RL on the bike is a American flag to. And my intense was also made in Cali.

|

10/4/2013 10:27 PM

Scenekid69 wrote:

Isn't that the definition of selling out^? regardless i dont really care lol i dont like them so I won't ride their parts.

Pretty much, then again I don't like them much either. I only run their hub guard because it's chromoly & refuse to run any other parts like frame or forks because for one, I've seen plenty break, and two, they don't offer a full lifetime warranty anymore.

|

10/4/2013 10:28 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Madtown608 wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

My friend has a redline and it was made in California. The RL on the bike is a American flag to. And my intense was also made in Cali.

The key word was "most."

|

Winter is over-rated

10/4/2013 10:34 PM

Madtown608 wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

Madtown608 wrote:

The key word was "most."

Just stating something I knew. Not trying to start an internet fight.

|

10/4/2013 10:36 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

LOL! Ain't no thing biggy, you're cool by me!

|

Winter is over-rated

10/4/2013 10:42 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Pretty much, then again I don't like them much either. I only run their hub guard because it's chromoly & refuse to run any other parts like frame or forks because for one, I've seen plenty break, and two, they don't offer a full lifetime warranty anymore.

Yeah haha. I had a frame that cracked and I bent their bars. The only parts I'm really interested in running are sunday or odyssey due to strength and warranty. At least for frame,forks,bars, cranks and rims.

|

10/4/2013 10:42 PM

Madtown608 wrote:

The key word was "most."

biggybuggy wrote:

Madtown608 wrote:

LOL! Ain't no thing biggy, you're cool by me!

But I love redline and haro.

|

10/4/2013 11:17 PM

I knew my Redline frame wasn't made here when I bought it. But, the thing is, I know metals, and the different processes it takes to make them stronger. Post weld heat treating is a big one. Shot peening is too. The G6 and G7 are post weld heat treated and shot peened, and corrosion treated inside and our with ED black. I knew of redlined reputation from back in the 80's. I had no idea what other companies to look at, so I chose them. My entire bike is Redline, Odyssey, and Gsport. Oh yeah, and S&M, and Bonedeth.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.