Dirt

Related:
Create New Tag

10/22/2013 8:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/23/2013 3:26 PM

So I might build up my bike for trails if I don't buy a dirt jumper so tell me what you think of this build:

Frame: S&M Credence CCR 21.25"
Forks: S&M Pitchfork XLT-T
Bars: S&M Credence 8.7
Bar ends: Daily Grind CNC
Stem: Fit BF 48mm
Grips: ODI Staystrong
Headset: Snafu w/ carbon spacers
Cranks: Fit 24mm
BB: Fit 24mm
Sprocket: Merritt Mighty 28t
Chain: Odyssey Bluebird
Brakes: Odyssey Evo 2
Brake lever: Odyssey Monolever medium
Brake Cable: Odyssey race cable
Brake pads: Kool Stop dual compound
Seatpost: Animal 135mm
Seat: Fit Barstool
Pedals: Odyssey Trailmix sealed
Rear Wheel: G-Sport Ratchet laced to Odyssey 7K-A with Aitken 2.1
Front Wheel: G-Sport Simian laced to Odyssey 7K-A with Aitken 2.35

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

10/22/2013 8:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/22/2013 8:38 PM

Photo

would look like this maybe with some red nipps.
|

My Fit

10/22/2013 8:42 PM

Rep ones would look sweet.

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

10/22/2013 9:00 PM

Why would you need a guard sprocket for a dirt set up? Seems kind of pointless

|

My Old* Steed

Click here and follow me :D
Twitterrr

10/22/2013 9:01 PM

tainted1581 wrote:

Rep ones would look sweet.

I'd recommend a gyro and different tires, such as kenda k-rads, intense mk2 tires, subrosa grave diggers

|

10/22/2013 9:01 PM

jacobf wrote:

Why would you need a guard sprocket for a dirt set up? Seems kind of pointless

Because I like having a bash guard in case I crashed or something but mostly so I my pants don't get caught in the chain or get greasy and it looks badass to me.

|

My Fit

10/22/2013 9:04 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

I'd recommend a gyro and different tires, such as kenda k-rads, intense mk2 tires, subrosa grave diggers

Eh I have a gyro but don't really need it since I don't see myself barspining or whipping and if I did it wouldn't be like huge triples or anything where I need a gyro. And yeah the tires are the only thing I'm not sure of I just put FAF's because Aitkens seem too aggressive and FAF's are the only thing I know and have ridden besides Hawks.

|

My Fit

10/22/2013 9:04 PM

Plus I really like that frame and but it doesn't have gyro tabs.

|

My Fit

10/22/2013 9:08 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

Eh I have a gyro but don't really need it since I don't see myself barspining or whipping and if I did it wouldn't be like huge triples or anything where I need a gyro. And yeah the tires are the only thing I'm not sure of I just put FAF's because Aitkens seem too aggressive and FAF's are the only thing I know and have ridden besides Hawks.

Intense mk2 tire on dans in the trails tire section. Intense is soooo underestimated. They make bikes that compete in the Olympics. They also make the best downhill mtb, these guys know dirt.

|

10/22/2013 9:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/22/2013 9:11 PM

Never mind that, good tread, biggest size available is 1.75..... -_- get the mk2 wire bead. Biggest is 2.25

|

10/22/2013 9:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/22/2013 9:13 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Intense mk2 tire on dans in the trails tire section. Intense is soooo underestimated. They make bikes that compete in the Olympics. They also make the best downhill mtb, these guys know dirt.

Yeah I drool over there mtb's lol I might give those tires a try they look perfect for trails just with they came in tan walls...
Edit: Wholy shit! there on sale for $8.99 each!

|

My Fit

10/22/2013 9:15 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

Yeah I drool over there mtb's lol I might give those tires a try they look perfect for trails just with they came in tan walls...
Edit: Wholy shit! there on sale for $8.99 each!

Exactly, I mean, pro mtb, OLYMPIC grade race bikes, these tires have the micro knobbies, things will grip.

|

10/22/2013 9:16 PM

Also looking at Demolition machettes, Primo V-Monster, Kink Lyra, Duo Stunner, or Rubens

|

My Fit

10/22/2013 9:19 PM

What do you think about these, I swear by Kendas for mountain biking and kinda want to run them on my bmx.

|

My Fit

10/22/2013 9:21 PM

Personally I wouldn't trust em, doesn't seem aggressive enough.

|

10/22/2013 9:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/22/2013 9:24 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Personally I wouldn't trust em, doesn't seem aggressive enough.

The intense tires aren't that aggressive, for hard packed dirt you don't need aggressive, you need low, fast rolling tires.
Edit: the Intense's are but to me thats not aggressive lol

|

My Fit

10/22/2013 9:26 PM

Exactly, but the intense tires are a nice medium, small knobby tires are good for hard pack, I hate to admit it, but we used to run a professional rc car racing track at our house, and tire physics there are similar to a bike. Micro knobby RULES hard pack.

|

10/22/2013 9:29 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Exactly, but the intense tires are a nice medium, small knobby tires are good for hard pack, I hate to admit it, but we used to run a professional rc car racing track at our house, and tire physics there are similar to a bike. Micro knobby RULES hard pack.

True true, idk right now its between Fit, Kenda, Intense, Fly, Demoliton, Kink, and Duo. By the way rc cars are badass I used to want one soo badly lol.

|

My Fit

10/22/2013 9:37 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

fitbikerider14 wrote:

True true, idk right now its between Fit, Kenda, Intense, Fly, Demoliton, Kink, and Duo. By the way rc cars are badass I used to want one soo badly lol.

There are people that race them professionally, like me, I was really good.

|

10/22/2013 9:38 PM

Bit in all honesty, I would go to the mk2 wires. Only 8 bucks for an Olympic worthy tire......

|

10/22/2013 9:40 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Bit in all honesty, I would go to the mk2 wires. Only 8 bucks for an Olympic worthy tire......

Yeah lol if there still on sale when I buy them I definitely might buy them.

|

My Fit

10/23/2013 12:40 AM

K-lyte Aitkens in 2.25 are amazing. Not that aggressive either

|

My Old* Steed

Click here and follow me :D
Twitterrr

10/23/2013 6:29 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

Intense is underrated, BUT to say they make the best downhill bike, I have to disagree.

Bikes for the Olympics doesn't really matter as Redline, Supercross, and MANY others have done that too. Not a big selling point.

For dirt, Something knobbier up front, and really whatever in the back, if you have loose dirt, knobbies work best.

Hard packed, smoother works too.

I would do a knobbier tread up front, and something a little less aggressive in the back.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/23/2013 7:03 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Intense is underrated, BUT to say they make the best downhill bike, I have to disagree.

Bikes for the Olympics doesn't really matter as Redline, Supercross, and MANY others have done that too. Not a big selling point.

For dirt, Something knobbier up front, and really whatever in the back, if you have loose dirt, knobbies work best.

Hard packed, smoother works too.

I would do a knobbier tread up front, and something a little less aggressive in the back.

Hey, I like INTENSE, I'm gonna make em' sound as cool.as possible. That lotus downhill, I love it.

|

10/23/2013 7:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/23/2013 8:00 AM

Unless you get the 3/8 conversion kit, a Ratchet ain't gonna work on a CCR. 3/8 dropouts on that bitch. And for the tires, the 2.3 FAF is slicker. Run a 2.25 up front and a 2.1 in the back, or Aitkens.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

10/23/2013 7:40 AM

Do machetes all around. Id say they would be perfect for packed or loose dirt. Or aitkens. Not to aggressive at all.

|

10/23/2013 7:41 AM

Plus i dont know why you would want 24mm indents? For tirt i think a Good set of 2.5 piece 19mm cranks would be better. IMO

|

10/23/2013 7:51 AM

I wouldnt do chrome for a trails bike. Or even street. I wouldn't run any chrome steel parts unless it was a park only bike. Chrome rusts pretty darn easy, and looks like ass when it does. I think a raw or trans color would look dope for a trails bike.
Also the Keyguard is unneeded. Just run a tree, it will ruin the jump before anything. If you're that worried, get the quarter guard for it. Guard sprockets are actually a lot WORSE for getting your pants leg stuck. On the rare ocassion that my pants leg gets caught, I'm able to get it out with a 1/4-1/8 back pedal in air, on the take off, really anywhere. I rode with a guard for a week. It caught my pants leg more often and I ate shit a few times. Seemed liked as soon as my pants leg went over the guard, it would get caught and would pull my foot off the pedal.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/23/2013 7:57 AM

BRANDON_90 wrote:

Plus i dont know why you would want 24mm indents? For tirt i think a Good set of 2.5 piece 19mm cranks would be better. IMO

nah 24 is still stiffer. Not that 19s aren't good, but 24 will still work fine,

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

10/23/2013 7:58 AM

i ride trails i run a 2.3 eastern curbmonkey in the front and a 2.1 tioga powerblock in the back and every time i replace tyres i get the same ones this combo works great

|

GT BMX forever fuck you haters!