Disappointing

Related:
Create New Tag

8/19/2013 6:24 PM

I got a sweet pair of Vans a month ago and had only been riding in them for like 2 weeks until the sole just ripped down the middle. I was pissed, they weren't even worn out on the bottoms.

Photo

what brand of durable shoes do you guys recommend?
I was thinking about either Lakai's or some Nike's.

|

8/19/2013 6:27 PM

i've been riding some Nikes for about 3-4 weeks now. I like them a lot but I think the pair I got is more for skating so the soles aren't as grippy as they could be.

|

8/19/2013 6:28 PM

I killed alkalis fast as fuck. They're grippy but not durable. Then again no shoe lasts for me

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/19/2013 6:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/19/2013 6:31 PM

What Vans are those? Vans are actually not that great other than grip. I'm riding Half cabs, we'll see how long they last. If they don't last long they may be my last pair of vans. But really vans are my favorite to ride in they just rip easy.

Nikes fucking suck, don't waste your time with them I had some 6.0s they are shit for riding same with sbs.

Lakais I heard are good but haven't rode a pair.

Emericas are pretty good.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/19/2013 6:31 PM

Get yourself some etnies from their bmx collection. You won't regret it.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

8/19/2013 6:32 PM

tomdon wrote:

I killed alkalis fast as fuck. They're grippy but not durable. Then again no shoe lasts for me

I will agree with you on the durability problems with the lakais but I loved my last pair. I ran those things until they were barely wearable.

|

8/19/2013 6:35 PM

Four wrote:

What Vans are those? Vans are actually not that great other than grip. I'm riding Half cabs, we'll see how long they last. If they don't last long they may be my last pair of vans. But really vans are my favorite to ride in they just rip easy.

Nikes fucking suck, don't waste your time with them I had some 6.0s they are shit for riding same with sbs.

Lakais I heard are good but haven't rode a pair.

Emericas are pretty good.

They're the tnt 5's. I was really liking them until they ripped.

|

8/19/2013 6:49 PM

ajohn15 wrote:

They're the tnt 5's. I was really liking them until they ripped.

Ah I had the 4s and they lasted months I'll try to find a picture ha. I try to avoid thin shoes like that, they barely last. I usually buy really padded shoes. The vans logo came off the side

Photo

Photo

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/19/2013 6:57 PM

Brakes = shoes lasting a year +

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/19/2013 7:04 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Brakes = shoes lasting a year +

But brakes aren't trendy enough for me! lol

|

8/19/2013 7:06 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Get yourself some etnies from their bmx collection. You won't regret it.

i got Etnies brakes last august and they finally wore out today

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

8/19/2013 7:18 PM

I've had good life out of osiris's and old 6.0's.

I've hated all the vans I've owned they are too thin. I also hated almonds

I want to try some ipaths

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

8/19/2013 7:24 PM

i don't use brakes or the foot brakes but i do skate swell and i have to say get yourself some I-PATHS bloody amazing grippy and durable.

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

8/19/2013 7:30 PM

brakes look so ugly! I'm not much of a style person but i like the RVM's a little bit but i like all black shoes idk white gets dirty waay to easily. I've had etnies before like the gvr ones and some mikey taylor ones but my local skate shop doesn't sell them, i like trying on shoes before i buy them so idk.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

8/19/2013 10:33 PM

I used to go through shoes like nothing but now i have brakes. I skate too so i go through shoes easily but having brakes makes a difference. Im trying some adidas because vans haven't held up great for me. I like them just they don't last.

|

I dont say stupid things, just no one knows what im talking about.

8/21/2013 2:02 PM

Anything but DC !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/21/2013 2:08 PM

I've been riding using the etnies brake shoe for the last 3 months or so. There is almost no were on the soul yet.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

8/31/2013 10:27 PM

I have Vans X Shadow Conspiracy right now. Totally love em other than metal pedals shredded up the middle of the sole pretty fast, but they still work just fine.
I had Osiris Shurikens for a little over a year, super comfy, grippy, durable, good looking, and cheap. By far best I've ever had. Which was a surprise, never expected quality from osiris
Nikes are nice but the sole seems to wear away really fast with me.
All my friends told me Lotek Mikes were the best and proved it, they all had there's for a year+ and the sole looked untouched. But never worn them. I am getting them next though.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

8/31/2013 10:33 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Anything but DC !

I'm riding Dc right now......I'm actually impressed with this pair the last dcs I had where crap these pure tx are doing solid

|

9/1/2013 6:50 AM

Etnies and NON vulc nikes are always good for me. i liked the nikes and they lasted about 2 years brakeless and the etnies lasted about 8 months. the vthe nike dunk lows i had were shit besides having good grip. i had the tops ripped clean off of them in 2 months

|

9/1/2013 7:05 AM

My Osiris Lennox have lasted like 2 years, and I went off and on brakeless. SOLID soles on those shoes.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/1/2013 9:14 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Anything but DC !

eskimojay wrote:

I'm riding Dc right now......I'm actually impressed with this pair the last dcs I had where crap these pure tx are doing solid

ive road dcs as long as ive riddin a bike. ive ridden other shoes but dcs have held up the best for me so far.

|