Division tactical cassette hub

Related:
Create New Tag

6/8/2017 11:39 AM

Anyone else riding one of these? had mine for about a month or so and it seems to be holding very strong. On sale for 90 bucks on danscomp right now i recommend this hub for anyone. 9t heat treated driver completely sealed RHD option only. I got a new wheel built for 120 bucks with the alienation spokes that were on sale for 10 cents laced to a Fly trebol rim 3x pattern. I am 190 pounds and ride brakeless and do a lot of fufanus, 540 tire taps and lots of other tricks that put massive stress on rear drivers and this thing hasn't even made a clicking sound, skip or nothin yet. Also my gear ratio is 28-9 so that puts some extra stess on the hub as well, but 170mm crank length so that relaxes the drive train some, hopefully it stays strong. I can see Division Brand climbing up in the bmx world soon if all of there parts are as good and reasonably priced as this hub. Also has 6mm allen key slots in axle for easy maintenance, but not a hollow axle. With a heat treated driver I assume the teeth life on the cassette will last a lifetime without warping or bending from stress. I'm running a Daily Grind infinity non drive hub guard because it's a universal hub that fit so i saved 10 bucks rather than getting the Division hub guard. Waiting to see it appear on vital so i can review it.

|

6/8/2017 11:47 AM

Why did you post this twice no need for a double post it's a thing called editing

|

6/8/2017 11:48 AM

kidbmx0000 wrote:

Why did you post this twice no need for a double post it's a thing called editing

I accidently hit the post button before i was done writing the post, and i don't know how to delete it

|

6/8/2017 1:19 PM

kidbmx0000 wrote:

Why did you post this twice no need for a double post it's a thing called editing

Shredkink9 wrote:

I accidently hit the post button before i was done writing the post, and i don't know how to delete it

You don't have to delete it, just edit it.

|

6/8/2017 4:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/8/2017 4:46 PM

Running a single wall in back, and doing 540 tire taps? That's some pretty serious abuse for that rim to endure. You might want to look into an upgrade soon. All brakeless, and fufanus? That's crazyness.

|

6/8/2017 5:00 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

Running a single wall in back, and doing 540 tire taps? That's some pretty serious abuse for that rim to endure. You might want to look into an upgrade soon. All brakeless, and fufanus? That's crazyness.

It's kind of a single wall and kind of a double wall-the sides are double walled to be stronger.

I would be curious about the brakeless fufanus-if on a quarter that is nuts. If a bank, they are pretty easy. Plus with tire pressure set well, fufanus are pretty low impact.

540 taps can be high side load impact. If he is lighter, not as likely to have issues.

ALSO to OP, longer cranks will put more stress on your drivetrain because they have more leverage.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/10/2017 10:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/10/2017 10:22 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

Running a single wall in back, and doing 540 tire taps? That's some pretty serious abuse for that rim to endure. You might want to look into an upgrade soon. All brakeless, and fufanus? That's crazyness.

dave lawrence wrote:

It's kind of a single wall and kind of a double wall-the sides are double walled to be stronger.

I would be curious about the brakeless fufanus-if on a quarter that is nuts. If a bank, they are pretty easy. Plus with tire pressure set well, fufanus are pretty low impact.

540 taps can be high side load impact. If he is lighter, not as likely to have issues.

ALSO to OP, longer cranks will put more stress on your drivetrain because they have more leverage.

I dial in my bike as much as possible, I ride quite often, the more dialed i have it the less i worry about maintenance or breaking parts. I see a lot of riders who ride with off centered wheels, wobbly sprockets, and etc. that puts massive wear and tear on the rear sprocket and chain. and yea riding 170mm crank arms is less leverage otherwise i would be riding a 25t sprocket. the fly trebol rim wasnt the best choice but i was on a budget. surely its a better rim that the rant squad or mission mylar rim. I have a proper magnalite rim that is still in good shape if this one fails. It was more budget friendly to just get a new rear wheel built for the sale items on dans rather than paying extra to send them my old proper rim. The proper rim has a welded seam and the trebol rim has a pinned seam, but knowing and researching all of this i knew what i was getting into. so far i tightened the spokes once and my rim is still true as new. I do foofs on banks mostly not quarters. Also where is the BSD forever chain at on Vital? i would give it 5 stars. I got it new with my sprocket and wheel because it is always good to run new sprockets and chains when changing sprockets or wheels, I had the shadow interlock v2 halflink for 2 years prior but it is so stretched out now i can't ride with my wheel slammed, and now i can with the Forever chain. 'without the added half link in bsd chain' so when the chain stretches maybe i can add that half link to keep my rear axle slammed.

|

6/10/2017 3:36 PM

I've got a basically new fly pyramid v2 for sale for $30. It's better than the trebol. I only ran it a few months, but It seemed really solid. I guess the fly pros were running them for a while when they first came out, so you know they are pretty solid. I'm going to be posting up a lot of parts for sale in the next few days if your interested. I'd run a trebol in the front with the pyramid in the rear. It would look good and be a nice set up.

|

6/11/2017 3:05 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

Running a single wall in back, and doing 540 tire taps? That's some pretty serious abuse for that rim to endure. You might want to look into an upgrade soon. All brakeless, and fufanus? That's crazyness.

same here, i'm running alienation pbr singlewall rims on both wheels for around 2 years and i dont remember last time i trued them ( note i have brakes )
i do lots of drops, over & under rotated 360's, rn learning 540 bank and tailwhip and they are still going strong

|

6/12/2017 9:49 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

I've got a basically new fly pyramid v2 for sale for $30. It's better than the trebol. I only ran it a few months, but It seemed really solid. I guess the fly pros were running them for a while when they first came out, so you know they are pretty solid. I'm going to be posting up a lot of parts for sale in the next few days if your interested. I'd run a trebol in the front with the pyramid in the rear. It would look good and be a nice set up.

I'm good thanks man. I actually put just as much abuse on my front wheel or rim as the back. One hand manuals Alex Vazquez style and gettin better at longer front wheel fakie slides. Sometimes i scrape my front tire off the ground while performing one hand manuals and it would be easy to bend a front rim. So the setup i have now is still strong and true so i'll leave it be. R.i.p sputnic/amity!

|

6/13/2017 9:37 AM

Both of my friends brought from danscomp on sale it should be here Wednesday or Thursday i give you a update on how they like the hub.

|