Dizzy on Vert

Related:
Create New Tag

4/10/2013 9:35 PM

Does this happen to anyone else? It may just be that the half pipe at my local park is small and built more for skaters, but I get so damn dizzy on it. It's got a pretty small flat between transition and has an approx 5.5 ft and 6.5 ft section.

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

4/10/2013 9:42 PM

Probably because you keep turning around again and again. Try to switch it up.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

4/11/2013 5:00 AM

haha, this happens to me when im riding the half pipe at my local park :L its a bitch

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

4/11/2013 8:33 AM

I get dizzy on vents like proper bad but tbh guys I hate rollercosters and anything that makes me spin a circle but street riding I've got no problem with smile just vert

|

4/11/2013 8:09 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

Probably because you keep turning around again and again. Try to switch it up.

LOL! Yeah man, the first thing I tried was to spin in opposite directions but it still happens. Maybe I should just admit that vert may not be for me...least not without taking some Dramamine!!

|

Winter is over-rated

4/11/2013 10:22 PM

Maybe because it's for skaters, it's a tighter turn so you spin more often.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/11/2013 10:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/11/2013 10:57 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Maybe because it's for skaters, it's a tighter turn so you spin more often.

I think you're right man. The distance between the top of the bank to the railing is so short at our park, that you can't complete a footjam tailwhip without hitting your tire on it. I'll post some pics up when it stops snowing/raining here if I remember. I seem to be the only guy who rides parks around here on bmx, which is pretty sad. Maybe this summer I'll meet up with some other riders though, if they exist. And to think, Kachinsky used to tear it up around here.

|

Winter is over-rated

4/12/2013 5:10 AM

Just takes plenty of riding time to get past the dizzy feeling, when you start airing higher that feeling goes as your turning slower, might be that the flat on the ramp is short?

|

4/12/2013 7:35 AM

You gotta do tricks to get your occipital lobe of your brain and you thalamus off the fact you are constantly changing directions, it also gives your brain a small window to catch up with the movement. Try doing some olli oops so you head the othe way for a second

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

4/12/2013 9:11 AM

that used to happen to me if i did a bunch of spins skating (boarding) minis and shit

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/12/2013 10:45 AM

future FBM wrote:

You gotta do tricks to get your occipital lobe of your brain and you thalamus off the fact you are constantly changing directions, it also gives your brain a small window to catch up with the movement. Try doing some olli oops so you head the othe way for a second

Thank you Dr. FBM LOL!!!

|

Winter is over-rated

4/12/2013 10:47 AM

I have never rode a mini ramp .__.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.