Do Flow Pedals Actually work?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/17/2014 6:09 AM

Has anyone here tried using Flow Pedals?

|

5/17/2014 8:55 AM

From what I've seen on google images they turn your bike into an oversized scooter. That being said I doubt many people have rode them, or even heard of them

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

5/17/2014 9:09 AM

Just searched them, they are the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

|

5/17/2014 9:14 AM

But you've never actually talked to anyone riding them? I want to try them .. I always try not to pedal in the park anyway. On their home page Eddie Fiola is riding them at Oakley Dirt labs. I've read over everything on the site and I would love to try these things into some foam just to find out. They are asking waaaaaaaaaaay too much for them, though .. anyone have a used set I can try? They have a guy riding them in Chandler. Where can I get a set of these pedals!?

|

5/17/2014 9:21 AM

katazan555 wrote:

But you've never actually talked to anyone riding them? I want to try them .. I always try not to pedal in the park anyway. On ...more

What advantages are there?

|

5/17/2014 9:26 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

What advantages are there?

That's what I'm trying to figure out. I don't want to repost everything on their website. Check out the top they claim a ton of shit. "Safety", "Weight", etc etc etc. I don't know man .. I read throgh it and don't really understand most of that shit. That's why I'm here smile

|

5/17/2014 9:29 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Do you ride a lot of street?

|

5/17/2014 9:31 AM

I'm thinking this guy should be on his team. http://rideukbmx.com/videos/bmxer-with-one-leg-is-amazing.html

|

5/17/2014 9:42 AM

For chainless riders this could be ok. But I'm on track with bmxfromma. Giant scooters.

|

5/17/2014 12:10 PM

I think these defeat the purpose of a bike, you'll have to push your bmx everywhere seeing as you won't be able to pedal.

|

5/17/2014 12:20 PM

Dxfusion wrote:

I think these defeat the purpose of a bike, you'll have to push your bmx everywhere seeing as you won't be able to pedal.

Yeah, maybe so. One of the videos on the site compares them to skiis .. I can see that I guess. I don't ride my skis to work. Then, I watch shit like the first park in this video. I don't think I saw dugan pedal once. Amazing video. I can kinda see it there or like on megaramp and pump tracks and foam pits. Got me thinking. I wanna try them.

|

5/17/2014 12:30 PM

Dxfusion wrote:

katazan555 wrote:

Yeah, maybe so. One of the videos on the site compares them to skiis .. I can see that I guess. I don't ride my skis to work. ...more

Yeah, it would definitely be beautiful in a park, but I'm afraid that is probably as far as it'd go (apart from downhill as well) I think it's a cool idea though tongue

|

5/17/2014 12:43 PM

maybe for flatland?

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

5/17/2014 12:47 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

maybe for flatland?

Didn't think about that, yeah flatland as well.

|

5/17/2014 3:08 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

This...gayest fucking things to ever happen to BMX besides sickdude

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/17/2014 3:33 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

How to they mount to the bike? Have you ridden them?

|

5/17/2014 3:52 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

katazan555 wrote:

How to they mount to the bike? Have you ridden them?

Nobody here has em dude. They are basically a spindle and connect with allen bolts or whatever they're called.

|

5/17/2014 10:04 PM

If anything they'll make tricks harder because your body and tricks use motion and movement instead of adjacent pedals

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/17/2014 10:11 PM

If anything they'll make tricks harder because your body and tricks use motion and movement instead of adjacent pedals

Somebody needs to take these friggin things to the foam pit and try them out. I can't stop thinking about how much my cranks weigh. That's got to make a huge difference. But I'm sure the absolutely SUCK for street or if you have to use your bike for transportation. But if you have wheels and a bike rack, head to the park just like you would head to ski. WTF is the flow dogs? Is that like a flow team? Mabye I could get some free ones.

|

5/17/2014 10:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/17/2014 10:16 PM

i think they're pretty silly, kinda defeats the purpose of a bicycle if you ask me. i imagine they would make spins harder tho, having less "leverage" with your feet and all that. and even the heaviest of cranks aren't THAT heavy man. but if you're really really curious about them then by all means, go for it.

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

5/17/2014 10:16 PM

tr1x wrote:

i think they're pretty silly, kinda defeats the purpose of a bicycle if you ask me. i imagine they would make spins harder ...more

ok..I just watched this. 720, 540, and 450 all go down. Flair too. Somebody has to have actually tried them!!!!!!!?????? https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GxmeTdE9DYE

|