Do NOT buy these!!

Related:
Create New Tag

6/5/2016 7:42 PM

I got this today and it's already broken. I would stay away from any kind of adjustable headset spacers because they are prone to warping under pressure like mine did. So just stick with the aluminum ones and you're good

|

Fo' pegs or no pegs

6/5/2016 7:43 PM

Photo

|

Fo' pegs or no pegs

6/5/2016 8:13 PM

Slaytanic Wehrmacht 666 wrote:

I got this today and it's already broken. I would stay away from any kind of adjustable headset spacers because they are prone ...more

I thought that was a given? I never understood why people ever bought these, or why it was even deemed a good idea to make them in the first place, when a couple aluminum ones will do the job just fine.

Any bit of over tightening (which is easy to do, especially if you're new to bmx and don't know that the fork bolt only needs to be tight enough to remove the play, and not be piss tight) and they're gonna explode just like the one you have.

|

6/5/2016 8:33 PM

I got this today and it's already broken. I would stay away from any kind of adjustable headset spacers because they are prone ...more

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I thought that was a given? I never understood why people ever bought these, or why it was even deemed a good idea to make ...more

The thing is that this spacer wasn't even able to be tightened enough to remove the headset play without getting all warped and screwed up.

|

Fo' pegs or no pegs

6/5/2016 10:32 PM

Cool concept but it's not that hard to get a hand on a couple standard headset spacers , but whatever . Give them props for trying , maybe they'll update it ?

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/5/2016 10:37 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Cool concept but it's not that hard to get a hand on a couple standard headset spacers , but whatever . Give them props for ...more

Maybe if they made it out of aluminum or chromoly it would be more sturdy. I do like the whole adjustable thing but plastic won't do the job.

|

Fo' pegs or no pegs

6/5/2016 10:59 PM

I have one. Bought one. Works well. People flip shit about them. Don't overtighten it all dumb and you're good. Figured I'd buy one if these instead of tryna figure stuff out with multiple spacers.

|

6/6/2016 1:32 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

I have one. Bought one. Works well. People flip shit about them. Don't overtighten it all dumb and you're good. Figured I'd ...more

same if ran mine for nearly 2 years and its still perfectly fine

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

6/6/2016 1:37 AM

You probably got a defective one or just pulled a wumbo while fixing it and fucked it by accident ( happens to me more often than you think ) . I'd say you're SOL as I doubt anyone will take the time to warranty a headset spacer but maybe let them know over email and see , best bet though is just get average spacers . Gimmicky type things like this can be super useful but honestly having a standard / typical set up will be more reliable overall .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/6/2016 3:07 AM

Just cut your steerer down and eliminate the need for spacers :p

|

6/6/2016 8:01 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

You probably got a defective one or just pulled a wumbo while fixing it and fucked it by accident ( happens to me more often ...more

I wanted to try this out because I could use one of these instead of a mess of normal spacers. So I have those regular ones on right now.

|

Fo' pegs or no pegs

6/6/2016 10:19 AM

I've had one for 2 years, they work fine. This is what we call operator error.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

6/6/2016 11:39 AM

I don't use em because I don't swap parts out enough to justify, plus Headset spacers are pretty cheap and I have like a dozen laying around.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura