Do Verde completes use their own 'aftermarket' bars or lower-quality ones?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/26/2016 7:19 AM

My friend got a used Verde complete, I got the bars from him (pictured as they were when I got them, have since stripped them to raw) and I was hoping to ID them so I knew some things (particularly whether they're crmo or not), but when I look through the bars on the verde site I don't see any that match exactly (no surprise, as my bars could be a couple years old)

They're closer to 8.5" than 9" (I never know exactly where on the bar to measure as the 'top-most' point!), and I can tell their up-sweep is greater than 1deg but less than 3deg, and back-sweep is greater than 10deg but less than 12deg (I can tell this by comparing them to my vultus & lumberjack bars), so their Regent bars are the closest listed on their site, *and if I knew they used bars from their 'aftermarket bars' inventory only for their completes*, I could deduce they're Regent bars, but for all I know Verde makes bars that are inferior to their 'aftermarket bars' for use on their lower-level completes, so I'm here hoping someone can give me some info to help me positively ID these guys!Photo

|

9/26/2016 9:30 AM

They're probably the same bars as all the other complete bikes out there, but with a verde sticker

|

It’s all bmx

9/26/2016 9:59 AM

Google the model of the bike and it should tell you in the description. Not many completes come with aftermarket bars, but if it's a half decent complete they'll probably be chromoly

|

9/26/2016 2:32 PM

I rawed the bars from my Kink complete & once you do it's hard to tell them apart. They're not engraved w the brand logo, you know? Just your average, light, 2-pc chromoly bars, unless they have a weird geo, tube shape or thickness.

So can I be sure they're "Human" model bars, or you re: Regent model vs some other set Verde equips? Nope.
Prob only the company could tell you, and it might be tough.

----Measure straight up from middle of clamping area tube to a point which would be in straight horizontal from middle of grip area tube.

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

9/26/2016 3:12 PM

Charliekeet wrote:

I rawed the bars from my Kink complete & once you do it's hard to tell them apart. They're not engraved w the brand logo, ...more

That's how bars are supposed to be measured, but the last 3 pairs I've had have been lower than advertised. In order to keep up with the big bars trend I think brands measure top to bottom now

|

9/29/2016 12:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/29/2016 12:13 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

That's how bars are supposed to be measured, but the last 3 pairs I've had have been lower than advertised. In order to keep ...more

I think that may be right, as I've got known 9"s (lumberjacks and vultus) and they're certainly not the exact same height, I mean we're talking an eighth of an inch maybe, as 9" does land in the bars for both of them, but it's in very different spots like inches apart on their grips where they reach 9" and because I didn't know where on the grip area to measure from I could never tell which company was more accurate!

|