Do a 360! Can you Flair? Do a wheelie!

Related:
Create New Tag

5/7/2018 1:40 PM

How much does it bother you to hear these same things over and over everytime you ride around?...lol

I had this group of kids yesterday relentlessly asking me to do a 360 and I kept telling them I cant. Im sure they were just saying things to annoy me and it worked.

Anytime I go to a skatepark I have someone ask me if I can flair and usually when I ride street I hear the wheelie/360 comment.

|

5/7/2018 1:47 PM

Ive noticed wheelies are back in fashion again. Strange

|

5/7/2018 1:50 PM

The best way to avoid this, ride around looking like a miserable bastard, and mutter really mean things under your breath. Works for me anyway. I get so lonely when I ride sometimes it would actually be nice for someone to call out a trick

|

5/7/2018 2:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/7/2018 2:11 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

The best way to avoid this, ride around looking like a miserable bastard, and mutter really mean things under your breath. ...more

Going around like a nutjob helps too; randomly hitting things and talking to yourself and inanimate objects. tongue

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

5/7/2018 2:12 PM

I know it probably goes against everything you know as a dad but it works... be mean to the kids, they will leave you alone.

at least thats what ive always done.

|

Hmmm

5/7/2018 2:29 PM

Yeah, it's pretty annoying... just yesterday, there was this scooter kid at the park I was at with my buddies, and he was like, "can you 540? You know it's easier to flyout on the straight parts of the bowl than the pockets" and me and my buddies were like, dude piss off. And he finally left us alone but I was like dude, get the fuck out of here. I mean, whatever...

I think the best thing would be to ignore them and of the keep pestering you just to tell them to piss of or you'll tell their parents lol

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

5/7/2018 2:39 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

The best way to avoid this, ride around looking like a miserable bastard, and mutter really mean things under your breath. ...more

This works, but I also look homeless so that might be working more in my favour,

|

5/7/2018 2:45 PM

I used to get that all the time , now i throw a flip at a park and kids tend to swarm to me and follow me around the rest of the session , it’s nice though cause after they see a flip they tend to stay the hell out of your way

|

5/7/2018 2:53 PM

I normally just toss the question back in their face and do something else. Normally they can't do whatever it is they're blabbing on about

|

5/7/2018 4:10 PM

Headphones. ignore them long enough lol

|

It’s all bmx

5/7/2018 4:22 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

I normally just toss the question back in their face and do something else. Normally they can't do whatever it is they're ...more

I do exactly this, lol.

“Can you backflip?”

“Can you?”

“No...”

They answer their own question sometimes without them even knowing.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

5/7/2018 5:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/7/2018 5:32 PM

Wow the places you guys ride sound nice and pleasant. The kinda questions/comments I get from onlookers here are;

"Want some head for a fifty, I swallow real clean or sloppy toppy",
"Hey you got that gas"
"Let me see your identification", "Oh you don't have an id on you", "What's in the bag"
"Can I suck your dick", "Can you suck my dick"
"I'm pregnant..."
"Spare some change man"
"Got some extra needles"

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

5/7/2018 5:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/7/2018 5:53 PM

Buzzbegone wrote:

Wow the places you guys ride sound nice and pleasant. The kinda questions/comments I get from onlookers here are;

"Want some ...more

Shit man. That's intense. I know I've been asked for vape chargers and shit like that, I think someone even tried to sell my weed one time lol

And btw I'm clean as fuck, never smoked, drank, done drugs or any of that shit, and I plan to stay that way for the rest of my lifecool

Oh, and I remember one time I was at the park late at night, I say late, but that only means like 8:30-9:00 lol, and 2 potheads walk by and they're like, "Hey, what's your name?" And I obviously wasn't goimg to give me their name, and I just said, "my name's Penis" idk why I said that lol, and the one chick is like, "That's cool, do you want my number?" And I didn't say this to her face but in my head I was like, "bitch, I don't want yo ugly, pothead ass giving me your number!" All I know is, that was a weird ass conversation, and I hope it never happens again hahalaughing

|

5/7/2018 6:04 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

How much does it bother you to hear these same things over and over everytime you ride around?...lol

I had this group of kids ...more

Dude I get this constantly.

The park I go to by my place I’m usually the only bike there, but when other kids are there it’s always:

Can you teach me to wheelie?
Do a 360!
Do a flip!
Can you teach me to _______ ?

It’s pretty annoying, but then again so is literally everyone in this city laughing

I just laugh it off, smile and say “Dude I’m fat and old, I can’t do tricks I just like dressing like I can.”

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

5/7/2018 6:27 PM

C win wrote:

It's definitely something I noticed. Lately, every group of scallywags I see all have mountain bikes and most of the time, they're on one wheel more then they're on two.

|

5/7/2018 7:06 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Shit man. That's intense. I know I've been asked for vape chargers and shit like that, I think someone even tried to sell my ...more

You're like 3-4 hours away from my area, so not sure if you know these spots, but I ride around Deep Ellum, Walnut Hill, Oak Cliff, and Harry Hines in TX. They are ghetto areas, however they have lots of low ledges/rails, warehouse areas with ramps, multiple wide steps, and 50/50 on steep hills to flat level ratios.

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

5/7/2018 7:31 PM

Buzzbegone wrote:

"Want some ...more

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Shit man. That's intense. I know I've been asked for vape chargers and shit like that, I think someone even tried to sell my ...more

Buzzbegone wrote:

You're like 3-4 hours away from my area, so not sure if you know these spots, but I ride around Deep Ellum, Walnut Hill, Oak ...more

Oh shit man! I didn't realize you lived in Texas too! Those places you mentioned I've never heard of, I just ride stuff that's somehat close to me like Bear Branch skatepark, Lakeside skatepark, Creekwood skatepark, Tamarac skatepark, and street riding....

|

5/7/2018 7:44 PM

Anytime someone tells me to do something, I reply back with “do a suck my dick” or “blow me” cause I’m an asshole… usually pisses them off and I find it hilarious. One time some douche told me to “do an ollie” so I told him to “do a suck my dick” and he and his friends started yelling shit back, legit pissed off saying “come back here pussy” to which I reply “why so you can suck my dick? you would queer”

they were so heated and tried running across traffic after me. I found it fucking hilarious cause they tried annoying me but got annoyed themselves.

|

5/7/2018 7:56 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Anytime someone tells me to do something, I reply back with “do a suck my dick” or “blow me” cause I’m an asshole… usually ...more

Man I wish I could so ride with you! The shit you do sounds like so much fun! Becasue dude, I'd love to do and witness the shit you do hahalaughing

|

5/7/2018 7:57 PM

Last time a scooter kid told me to do a 180 i actually tried and didn't even land it. More often than that i get kids asking me if i'm "that guy that jumped/ate shit off that roof?" Or if i'm curtis cantbmxwell. I don't find this annoying so much as it's just kinda weird, like a couple weeks ago i was in a mcdonalds a few hours from my house and some dude asked me if i was that curtis kid that rode bikes and wore a helmet and i was just like "uhhh yeah, why do you know that?" I just find it strange that people pay any attention to me.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/7/2018 9:35 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Man I wish I could so ride with you! The shit you do sounds like so much fun! Becasue dude, I'd love to do and witness the ...more

it's fun as fuck and makes me laugh when they get super pissed off when THEY started it. the worst though is when I yell something really gay/vulgar and hear one of them yell my name or something like oh hey... gets real awkward when your ex girlfriend messages you with "hey so I saw you today" "oh yeah where?" "you were by the square on your bike and I'm pretty sure I heard you yelling 'show me your fucking dick faggot' at a car" -_____-

|

5/7/2018 10:52 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Last time a scooter kid told me to do a 180 i actually tried and didn't even land it. More often than that i get kids asking ...more

Pro status right there, lol!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

5/7/2018 11:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/7/2018 11:03 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Last time a scooter kid told me to do a 180 i actually tried and didn't even land it. More often than that i get kids asking ...more

I used to get stuff like that when I used to do graffiti. I got in magazines, websites, and in a book, and a couple of the young locals worked out it was me from a local wall. And every time they saw me, didn't matter where it was they'd say hi. Looking back it's quite flattering, but at the time I was like how the fudge do they know who I am, and why are they talking to me? If we travelled to paint somewhere else at least one person would recognise me or my painting buddy and come over to say hi. Usually I'd never heard of them because I didn't pay much attention to the scene.
I kinda had it at the source park as well which was really surreal, zac gatt (works for seventies distro) and Ben bomber (works for 4down) were chatting to my friend, then he introduced me as "Steve that does that theGrey thing", then they shook my hand and started talking to me haha. I'm actually quite stoked they'd taken notice and it didn't need to be explained. They both asked to see my sprocket. That's my 15 minutes of fame done I think haha

|

5/8/2018 7:55 AM

C win wrote:

jbales wrote:

It's definitely something I noticed. Lately, every group of scallywags I see all have mountain bikes and most of the time, ...more

Byke Lyfe Forevur Bro!!

Let's ride China SE's into oncoming traffic bro!!

|

5/8/2018 8:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/8/2018 8:53 AM

The other day I was grinding a ledge and this kid on a 16" walmart bike came up to me and said how do you thunny hoths I tring to Bmeth. He had the worst lisp. Anyway I trying to teach him and he kinda just lifted his front wheel a little then slammed it into the ground. I was trying to demonstrate again then when I turned around he was riding away playing Pokemon go.

|

If you ain't fallin you ain't trying.

5/8/2018 9:08 AM

Super-Pawl wrote:

Byke Lyfe Forevur Bro!!

Yeah, RRDBlocks and Todd Lyons are spearheading that fad. I'm really not sure how to feel about it. On one hand they talk about #BIKELIFE keeping kids off the streets and off drugs...it's not. On the other hand, it might get kids into actual BMX, but I kinda doubt it.

Kids are just riding like maniacs down the street, mobbing, causing accidents, running over people's feet, and they wanna act like they're not bothering anyone.

They come to the local park and don't even fuckin look at me, which is really stupid because I've legit sat there and shot the shit with skateboarders, scooter kids, other BMXers, etc with no problems. It's pretty obvious to me that they consider themselves their own discipline, which is fine.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

5/8/2018 9:09 AM

SKKRRT SKRRT wrote:

The other day I was grinding a ledge and this kid on a 16" walmart bike came up to me and said how do you thunny hoths I tring ...more

Wow, are you the nicest guy in this thread?

|

5/8/2018 11:30 AM

jbales wrote:

It's definitely something I noticed. Lately, every group of scallywags I see all have mountain bikes and most of the time, ...more

Super-Pawl wrote:

Byke Lyfe Forevur Bro!!

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Yeah, RRDBlocks and Todd Lyons are spearheading that fad. I'm really not sure how to feel about it. On one hand they talk ...more

Those kind of kids don't belong in BMX. The two we have already is enough.

You know, the kind of tattoo faced douche nozzle to wear a Bulls jersey, has never stepped foot in Chicago and doesn't even follow basketball.

Or the kind that hides in a store after hours, gets arrested and finds it funny.

That last paragraph you wrote describes one of them perfectly.

|

5/8/2018 7:24 PM

SKKRRT SKRRT wrote:

The other day I was grinding a ledge and this kid on a 16" walmart bike came up to me and said how do you thunny hoths I tring ...more

Wait people still play pokemon go?

|

5/9/2018 12:05 AM

Super-Pawl wrote:

I normally just toss the question back in their face and do something else. Normally they can't do whatever it is they're ...more

readybmxer wrote:

I do exactly this, lol.

“Can you backflip?”

“Can you?”

“No...”

They answer their own question sometimes without them even ...more

I hear that too and it's always followed by "I used to have a custom haro" or something like that. This kid told me he had custom "tires"

|