Do danscomp complete bikes come built?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/30/2016 7:31 PM

So I know the wheels and bars don't come on it obviously, but does the crank set and the forks come prebuilt on it?

|

5/30/2016 7:45 PM

Typically the back wheel is on it at least, but yeah the cranks & forks are installed already.

The bars need put on, the front wheel needs put on, the pedals need put on, and the brakes might need put on too, along with some final adjustments

|

5/31/2016 10:00 AM

This^ In my experience the brakes have been all set up. Pretty much just wheels, pedals, and bars to do yourself.

|

5/31/2016 12:31 PM

When bikes come in boxes, yes the cranks are assembled and the forks are on, but generally you want to take that apart, and apply grease to the crank spindle and in the headset.

We also usually take out all the stem bolts and apply grease to those too, as these types of things aren't always done in Taiwan where your bike was manufactured.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

5/31/2016 12:44 PM

transition_chris wrote:

When bikes come in boxes, yes the cranks are assembled and the forks are on, but generally you want to take that apart, and apply grease to the crank spindle and in the headset.

We also usually take out all the stem bolts and apply grease to those too, as these types of things aren't always done in Taiwan where your bike was manufactured.

What's the best kind of grease for my bike that I can get at my local bike shop?

|

5/31/2016 3:44 PM

kylerfreeman66 wrote:

What's the best kind of grease for my bike that I can get at my local bike shop?

Park Tool Grease is nice. Just ask at your LBS what they use, and I'm sure they can help you out. Grease is really important for building and maintaining your bikes.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx