Related:
Create New Tag

8/19/2019 12:26 PM

Do scooters help with bmx?

what do you think

View Results

|

8/19/2019 12:34 PM

Definitely. Tons of stuff transfers over.

I rode a scooter yesterday and was able to do grinds, stalls, 180's half cabs, nose pivots, tire jams, x-ups, etc.

|

8/19/2019 12:54 PM

fuck out of here with that scooter shit

|

fack off

8/19/2019 12:58 PM

Frustratingly, it helps loads. There was some pro scooter kid at my local not long ago. Jumped on a bike, instantly learned tuck no handers, learned bars after a few attempts, nearly got whips, and got 360’s. Obviously it’ll depend how good you are on a scooter. And some people are just natural with doing stuff. But I thought about quitting that day. Little bastard.

|

8/19/2019 2:21 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

Whats wrong with scooters?

|

8/19/2019 2:29 PM

.pegless. wrote:

Frustratingly, it helps loads. There was some pro scooter kid at my local not long ago. Jumped on a bike, instantly learned tuck no handers, learned bars after a few attempts, nearly got whips, and got 360’s. Obviously it’ll depend how good you are on a scooter. And some people are just natural with doing stuff. But I thought about quitting that day. Little bastard.

I had a similar thing happen. Scooter kid tried my son's 16 one day and was airing the hips at the park like he'd done it a million times. First time on a bmx.

|

8/19/2019 3:20 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Whats wrong with scooters?

Those things aren’t scooters real scooters died out in the 90’s

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

8/19/2019 7:41 PM

Ryan William's is a perfect example of how it can be a lateral move

|

8/20/2019 5:34 AM

They give you the idea/logistics of a lot of tricks with something that is about 1/3 the weight of a BMX.

Trampoline bikes can help in some ways too.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/21/2019 2:13 AM

Can tall people ride scooters?, like really really tall.

|

8/25/2019 4:18 AM

.pegless. wrote:

Got a mate who is damn good on a scooter, and first time ever on my bike he could 180, air out, disaster and manual. Definitely helps.

|

8/25/2019 11:17 AM

Raspberry wrote:

Yup, bars can go from 30” tall as low as 15” tall. Many different sized decks will accommodate anyone that exists.

I’m still a scooter rider who happens to have a BMX. It helps immensely. I made it a habit the last few months to practice manuals on the scoot, and soon enough my manuals on BMX became consistent.

Overall control on the bike helps with the scooter, even though my scoot is 6.5 LBS and my bike 24. Ramp skill and technique transition over well for me, as does many others.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: Reyn Honbo - RH MEDIA

8/25/2019 11:56 AM

Scooters are good for kids until they grow enough to ride a bike.

|

8/25/2019 2:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2019 3:00 PM

To call scootering merely a gateway towards BMX is flawed logic IMO. We’re all in it for the same things no matter what you ride.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: Reyn Honbo - RH MEDIA

8/25/2019 5:01 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

I rode a scooter yesterday and was able to do grinds, stalls, 180's half cabs, nose pivots, tire jams, x-ups, etc.

You didn't just get on a scooter and do all that.

|

8/25/2019 5:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2019 5:56 PM

readybmxer wrote:

To call scootering merely a gateway towards BMX is flawed logic IMO. We’re all in it for the same things no matter what you ride.

Agreed. Plenty of riders find joy on other vehicles besides a bmx. Thats like saying bmx is only good while you're a kid until youre old enough to ride a dirtbike.

|

8/25/2019 5:57 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

streethack wrote:

You didn't just get on a scooter and do all that.

Yes I did. Literally

|

8/25/2019 7:14 PM

Off topic but I enjoy power lifting and cardio, helps tenfold for bmx as well. Goot.

|

8/25/2019 9:46 PM

Raspberry wrote:

Yes, I ride 30” tall affinity t bars because I like big bars and I’m tall too haha

|

8/25/2019 11:06 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Fuck off furry scum

|

13 years old

8/25/2019 11:22 PM

Krooked wrote:

Fuck off furry scum

no u

|