Do two tire hop barspins help?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/11/2021 1:33 AM

I've been throwing a lot of pull up bars recently, land them 10/10 times. I want to to throw a bunnyhop bar soon but I'm terrified of letting go of the bars.

I recently realized that I may be able to cheat by just doing a tiny two tire hop and throwing the bars.

Has anyone ever learnt bunnyhop barspins by hopping both tyres at the same time?

|

control of my bars helps me feel control of my life

8/11/2021 2:19 AM

It's less scary because you're not hopping as high. But more height gives longer for the bars to spin. And you don't want to get stuck in a bad habit. If it helps you with confidence to chuck em then go for it, but I'd suggest not getting too used to it or dialling them in until you do them hopping properly

|

8/11/2021 3:20 AM

.pegless. wrote:

It's less scary because you're not hopping as high. But more height gives longer for the bars to spin. And you don't want to ...more

Ok, have you ever english bunnyhop barspined?

|

8/11/2021 4:28 AM

.pegless. wrote:

It's less scary because you're not hopping as high. But more height gives longer for the bars to spin. And you don't want to ...more

Mad Mars wrote:

What the heck is an "english bunnyhop"?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/11/2021 5:28 AM

.pegless. wrote:

Mad Mars wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

What the heck is an "english bunnyhop"?

haha! it's a shit term but allegedly it means hopping both front and back wheel at the same time as opposed to lifting the front first and levelling out the back

|

8/11/2021 8:04 AM

Mad Mars wrote:

haha! it's a shit term but allegedly it means hopping both front and back wheel at the same time as opposed to lifting the ...more

Isn’t that just a bunny hop because the proper hop is a j hop

|

smile

8/11/2021 8:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/11/2021 8:36 AM

I’ve heard that called a gravity hop...basically a bunny hop where you rely mostly on just jumping/tucking without pulling up the front wheel (as much).

|

8/11/2021 9:06 AM

But to answer your question: yes if you want to land one, no if you want them clean and consistent

|

smile

8/11/2021 9:13 AM

thanks guys

|

8/11/2021 9:38 AM

We used to call them English hops here too, and a proper hop was an American hop. J hop doesn't exist, it's just a hop. Both wheels at the same time is just wafty.

But yeah pretty sure I've done them hopping both wheels at the same time, when I relearned them a few years ago. I noticed I was more likely to do those weird throw with both hands bars like that though. Haven't done one since. When I first learnt bars I learnt them on a dirt fly out and gripped the seat with me knees. Pointless story: a friend of mine put a layback seat post on backwards so he could grip the seat easier.

|

8/11/2021 9:50 AM

Dude yes! That’s exactly how I got comfortable throwing bars, and slowly just started hopping higher and higher. Don’t worry about getting stuck, just keep doin em and keep trying to get higher. You got this

|

8/11/2021 10:56 AM

whatever works for you, works.

It is all simply building confidence. so whatever helps gets you there, works.

|

8/18/2021 7:05 AM

.pegless. wrote:

We used to call them English hops here too, and a proper hop was an American hop. J hop doesn't exist, it's just a hop. Both ...more

makes sense

|

8/18/2021 7:05 AM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Dude yes! That’s exactly how I got comfortable throwing bars, and slowly just started hopping higher and higher. Don’t worry ...more

reps reps reps, thanks man!

|

8/19/2021 12:49 PM

I mean, I did them two-tire-hop first for a while out of banks and fly outs. It helped me get the bars around quickly. Then with confidence doing a real hop (j-hop whatever you want to call it) I was able to get that down. As far as transitioning from the two-tire-hop to a real bunny hop bar goes, it helped me with practicing on the face of a bank, since the transition gives you extra pop so you don't have to do your highest bunnyhop ever.

|

8/19/2021 8:42 PM

I learned two tire hop barspin first too. A bunny hop barspin and a two tire hop barspin are very diferent so I think it doesn´t help.
If you always land chicken barspin, I recomend you to try flyout barspin first, they are easier than bunnyhop barspin

|

8/20/2021 12:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/21/2021 8:00 AM

A bunny hop is a bunny hop.

Two wheels at the same time is not a bunny hop.

J hop, English hop, hip hop, bee bop, all those terms are nonsense.

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.