Do you find it easier to barspin low rise or high rise bars?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/8/2017 11:39 PM

The topic may have been covered numerous times, however, I'm interested to hear what you guys think.

I'm currently running the begin bars, 9.420 rise (legit 9.420, begins a weed smoking scumbag) I learnt barspins with these bars, but I'm going to switch to my subrosa Simone noster 4 piece bars (8.75'') to see if barspins are easier / harder.

|

6/9/2017 12:03 AM

Low rise! I started trying Bars with 9.25" with a topload. I flipped my topload, dropping my bars about an inch.

Now I run 8.25" bars with a topload (run right side up) and barspins have never been easier. I just can't Thorpe bars with tall bars.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

6/9/2017 12:35 AM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Low rise! I started trying Bars with 9.25" with a topload. I flipped my topload, dropping my bars about an inch.

Now I run 8.25" bars with a topload (run right side up) and barspins have never been easier. I just can't Thorpe bars with tall bars.

Yeah! I feel if I switch to 8.75's I'd be able to bar so much easier. It takes me a lot of energy to bar big bars .. so I'm hoping I've made the right decision ! Will report back tonight with how i get on after riding, haha.

|

6/9/2017 12:37 AM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Also how tall are you ?!

|

6/9/2017 6:02 AM

gotta ride 7.3 bars, 22" wide son

bar spin for days

|

It’s all bmx

6/9/2017 10:54 AM

I learned on a Specialized Fatboy 415 with like 9 inch rise bars. Then went to low and narrow. Low and narrow were easier 100% of the time.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/9/2017 3:37 PM

Smaller bars are so much easier. Front loads seem to make them easier too. This just reminded me, when I'm riding with the boys and someone catches their bars super sloppy we call it a "begin catch". Maybe it's because his bars are so big, or maybe it's just all that weed he smokes lol.

|

6/9/2017 8:20 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

kayos_bmx wrote:

Also how tall are you ?!

Nearly 5'11" haha. I'm decently tall. Like, 5"10 and 3/4ths.

But small ass bars feel better, I'm going to stick with them.
I almost got 7.8" bars, The Make Crew bars. Basically Animal bob bars.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

6/10/2017 12:02 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

Smaller bars are so much easier. Front loads seem to make them easier too. This just reminded me, when I'm riding with the boys and someone catches their bars super sloppy we call it a "begin catch". Maybe it's because his bars are so big, or maybe it's just all that weed he smokes lol.

Hahah I'm gonna start this trend down the park ! The bars look nice but jheeeze, have you seen begins wrist placement ? What's that about

|

6/10/2017 6:06 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

kayos_bmx wrote:

Hahah I'm gonna start this trend down the park ! The bars look nice but jheeeze, have you seen begins wrist placement ? What's that about

He definitely has the strangest looking barspins I've ever seen a pro rider do. They just look a little off. I guess it works for him though....he is popular enough, that's for sure.

|

6/10/2017 8:26 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

kayos_bmx wrote:

It's called a Begin catch because of this. My friends and I call it that too when we catch Bars sloppy...

(I don't know how to imbed videos so here's a link)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nlFnwR3e2Ws

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

6/10/2017 3:40 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

kayos_bmx wrote:

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

It's called a Begin catch because of this. My friends and I call it that too when we catch Bars sloppy...

(I don't know how to imbed videos so here's a link)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nlFnwR3e2Ws

Haha that's it.

|

6/10/2017 3:45 PM

kayos_bmx wrote:

The topic may have been covered numerous times, however, I'm interested to hear what you guys think.

I'm currently running the begin bars, 9.420 rise (legit 9.420, begins a weed smoking scumbag) I learnt barspins with these bars, but I'm going to switch to my subrosa Simone noster 4 piece bars (8.75'') to see if barspins are easier / harder.

I normally don't run higher than 9" but my son rides 9.75" and I can't notice anything different. Then again I have been doing them since the mid 90's lol I have done them with almost every size bars except under 6.5" (pretty much cruiser bars).

I think some people are better off learning with big bars for 1 reason. They tend to be more upright when they learn. And if you aren't bending over the front wheel much (if at all) then higher bars will seem to get to your hands easier.

|

6/12/2017 2:42 AM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

kayos_bmx wrote:

Also how tall are you ?!

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Nearly 5'11" haha. I'm decently tall. Like, 5"10 and 3/4ths.

But small ass bars feel better, I'm going to stick with them.
I almost got 7.8" bars, The Make Crew bars. Basically Animal bob bars.

So I tried the 8.75's and they felt great to bar, I found myself leaning over the bike more and my body positioning when doing bars looks more like it should. I found my hand missing the bar sometimes though, but you just have to get used to them I guess.

I've ordered the primo rebar bars in 9'', it's not a huge difference but the geo looks perfect ! Will have to cut them down to 27 inches or so..

|

6/13/2017 9:58 AM

I'm had bars that was 7.75 26w it was difficult to learn bar spins but after I bought some higher rise bars it's much easier the bars i got now is shadow 9 rise 29w.

|