Do you ride for Fun, Or to get sponsored

Related:
Create New Tag

1/9/2014 7:14 PM

Title pretty much Says it do you ride for the love of biking, or to get sponsored and make a living on your bike, or both.

I ride for the love of riding, i have no intentions of going pro nor do i care about other people opinions of how good of a rider i am I do it for me. Also I own a bike shop so that helps fuel the passion i guess.

|

1/9/2014 7:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/9/2014 7:16 PM

idgaf about being sponsored, it seems like it would take the fun out of riding

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

1/9/2014 7:18 PM

Both.

I ride because it's fun, I love doing it, and riding with my friends.

But getting sponsored would also be nice, but I'm not gonna sit here and be like OMG I WANT SPONSORED SO BAD WTF WHY AM I NOT SPONSORED YET. If a company I liked hit me up & was like "Yo we wanna sponsor you" I'd be like "Okay!" but I'm also not begging for it.

I have a little deal with Monster Army right now that gets me free Monster Energy drinks every month, certain discount codes, and get discount prices at the bike shop because I work there.

I was also in talks with Primo in 2012 about being a flow rider for them (not kidding either) but sadly that fell through, would have loved to rep for Primo.

|

1/9/2014 7:18 PM

Being pro would be pretty sweet, but that's not my goal with riding. It's commonly known withing psychology that when people are rewarded for doing activities or actions they already enjoy, they begin to enjoy it less (I'm taking AP Psychology right now)

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

1/9/2014 7:20 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Both.

I ride because it's fun, I love doing it, and riding with my friends.

But getting sponsored would also be nice, but ...more

Text me Id like to chat with you driftneon@yahoo.com

|

1/9/2014 7:22 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

Being pro would be pretty sweet, but that's not my goal with riding. It's commonly known withing psychology that when people ...more

true story which is why, people always get on me about video games and PC stuff but if i t was my job I would hate it

|

1/9/2014 7:22 PM

I think if you don't ride for fun, you will never get sponsored. I doubt I'll ever get a hook up, cuz I'm not a phenomenal rider. But damn it's fun as fuck.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

1/9/2014 7:24 PM

just for fun. i got offered a flow spot on the fit team, but i declined. I didn't want to be bombarded with orders like, "You have 3 weeks to finish your edit!"

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

1/9/2014 7:25 PM

I ride for fun. Istill have YEARS of riding in the future and I am going to out my all into bmx and just try getting sponsored. But it 'tis a dream...

|

1/9/2014 7:26 PM

I ride to get sponsored and get bitches!!!!!

.... Who the fuck rides to get sponsored? I can't even tailwhip O_O I just cruise around on my bike sometimes and enjoy the moment. Trying to get sponsored makes riding into a job and it won't be fun anymore.

|

1/9/2014 7:28 PM

crazyclark wrote:

just for fun. i got offered a flow spot on the fit team, but i declined. I didn't want to be bombarded with orders like, "You ...more

that's interesting? where can we see your latest edit.

For me it's both. My short term goal is to progress BECAUSE progression is fun for me. Which obviously translates to a goal of being pro. But no Im not like crying becuase im not pro or anything like that.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

1/9/2014 7:29 PM

crazyclark wrote:

just for fun. i got offered a flow spot on the fit team, but i declined. I didn't want to be bombarded with orders like, "You ...more

I'll take "Things That Never Happened" for $500, Alex.

|

1/9/2014 7:37 PM

For fun. I love biking and the culture with it. It lets me be an individual , and I can express myself through a bike.

I know I'll never get sponsored (16 and can't bar or whip , basically means by the time I get "good" I'll be too old haha) but I progress to an extent. I don't go out and say ,"learn this" or go to the skatepark and just destroy myself trying tricks that are too difficult for me or that I get too scared and don't enjoy. I just ride and have fun. Once I get bored I'll try stuff. I never really try at biking , I just mess with stuff and if it's fun I keep doing it.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/9/2014 7:43 PM

both but I'm not getting sponsored anytime soon

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

1/9/2014 7:58 PM

crazyclark wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Double Jeopardy!

|

1/9/2014 8:05 PM

crazyclark wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

Double Jeopardy!

"This vitalbmx forum troll has a 'gay persona' and likes to post about boyfriends that don't even exist, as he is just a troll & does not matter. He also most likely rides a scooter too."

|

1/9/2014 8:05 PM

SundaybmxRR seriously hit me up man i wanna talk to you.

|

1/9/2014 8:06 PM

this site really needs a better pRIVATE MESsage system

|

1/9/2014 8:08 PM

SecretBMX wrote:

My B I didn't see your reply, is emailing you fine? I don't really like giving out my number to people I don't know

|

1/9/2014 8:09 PM

^sunday tap that.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

1/9/2014 8:15 PM

Hahaha i wish i were sponsored, thatd be a sick hookup.

I mainly ride because i like to and it feels good. I have ridden with sponsored riders at Wheemill. They never even mentioned they were. I saw their edits afterwards. I think being sponsored really gives you more opportunities to become a better rider. You go places, ride with better dudes, and learn that way. Look at Seamus Mckeon. He wasnt as good as the rest of the Eastern team in an older video, but now he is a hardcore shredder and has loads of style. My main thing is just having FUN. I would have more fun riding if i were sponsored bc of the awesome opportunities. Not the money.

Could i ever ve sponsored? Yeah. If i grew some balls on a few things in my head right now and learned tailwhips, i could see myself riding for a shop (i was offered that once in the summer) and maybe a small time company. Big time sponsors? Pretty unlikely. I am not gonna get on Odyssey or Nike with the stuff i do.

BMX is what you make of it and if you are having a good time, you are doing it right.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/9/2014 8:19 PM

SecretBMX wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

My B I didn't see your reply, is emailing you fine? I don't really like giving out my number to people I don't know

yEA ALL good just make sure i know its really you and not some slick fucker trying to pretend

|

1/9/2014 8:26 PM

SecretBMX wrote:

yEA ALL good just make sure i know its really you and not some slick fucker trying to pretend

I'll email the email you listed above, it'll be from sndybmx92@gmail.com so you know it's me. I probably won't reply very fast, I don't check my email every hour haha.

|

1/9/2014 8:27 PM

I ride for the fun and the fact that i love riding, even if i ever got good enough to get sponsored i probably wouldn't want to only reason i would, would be for the trips

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

1/9/2014 8:33 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

win

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

1/9/2014 8:33 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

SecretBMX wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I'll email the email you listed above, it'll be from sndybmx92@gmail.com so you know it's me. I probably won't reply very ...more

I got it and emailed you back

|

1/9/2014 9:04 PM

Hell no, I wouldn't even be that good. I'd need like 10 years of riding or more. And even with this attitude of me you see right here, this is why I really get nowhere..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

1/9/2014 9:19 PM

SundaybmxRR random thread reply = sponsorship haha

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/10/2014 1:43 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

SundaybmxRR random thread reply = sponsorship haha

he didn't get sponsored I just asked him about where he worked and said we should ride sometime.

|

1/10/2014 1:52 AM

i ride to get pussy

|