Do you think its worth keeping my 2013 Stolen Score or just getting a decent custom for 300?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/8/2015 11:10 PM

Yo so I have a stolen score that sucks ass because the bars keep slipping and to remedy that would cost 200 to get new bars and a stem, whereas I could get a decent custom for around $300-$400. What do you think?

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

2/8/2015 11:15 PM

You can get bars and a stem off here for well under $100

|

2/8/2015 11:17 PM

bobPA wrote:

You can get bars and a stem off here for well under $100

posted to australia?

|

2/9/2015 12:59 AM

Custom for 300 that's a bit far fetched , I couldn't even get a custom wheelset for under 300 , unless you go second Hand maybe

|

2/9/2015 1:24 AM

LETS SEE.... WHAT OH WHAT IN MY MAGICAL BAG OF TRICKS CAN I GIVE YOU TONIGHT?!
Photo

lets start with some sandpaper, 80 grit, first off what you want to do is just rough up the knurled area on your handlebars, and your stem and the stem cap, anywhere where the 2 make contact. on the handlebars, you don't have to go down to the raw metal, but hey, why the hell not? oh yeah it'll rust, just kinda matte that paint up. rough it up

Photo
now next thing you want to do, is to take a metal file, or rasp. and you want to file some knurling onto the stem. try and keep it even and don't go to deep into the stem. this will allow more of a tooth like hold.

Photo

YES you know those bolts that come on your stem? yeah those well they're pretty much shit. BUT WAIT you don't HAVE to go to danscomp or empire and offer to suck their dick for better bolts! just go to your local hardware store. take a bolt of each size, and find their size. should be a metric thread, m6 and m8, and then you want to look into the hardened stuff, its grade 12.8? i think? maybe its 10.9 cannot remember. whatever is the same hardness as automotive grade 8. do this because cheap stems mean cheap bolts, and sometimes expensive stems even mean cheap bolts. better bolts mean a tighter stronger hold on your bars, which keeps your face off of asphalt.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

2/9/2015 1:31 AM

dkTechEthan wrote:

Photo

lets start with some sandpaper, 80 grit, ...more

i love you baby, here have a free funny picture of a dog free of charge (yes i said free) Photo

|

2/9/2015 1:36 AM

dkTechEthan wrote:

Photo

tainted1581 wrote:

i love you baby, here have a free funny picture of a dog free of charge (yes i said free) Photo

Photo
|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

2/9/2015 1:49 AM

dkTechEthan wrote:

Photo

tainted1581 wrote:

i took my bars and stem and shit off and the grippy knurled shit area or whatever has worn down on one side. I think that means it wont work even if i had 80 grit sand paper. And using 1000 grit or whatever is making it worse I think.

|

2/9/2015 1:54 AM

sandpaper is just to take the paint off, if its worn you can skip it. just use a file and score it. it'll help.if it works on a cheapo walmart 60 dollar bike stem, it'll work on your stolen stem.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop