Do your own research and figure it out!

Related:
Create New Tag

1/2/2009 4:05 PM

Im getting a little annoyed of reading posts that ask for help, when people cant even help themselves and do some research. What im talking about is topic's that read, " Help, what should i get" and then they dont even give you any parts to choose from, they want you to choose them.

People! these are your bikes, not ours. Do some friggin research already! I never ask someone else to choose my parts. If im stumped on a few different brands to choose from and i cant decide, that is when i come to a bmx forum to ask for feedback on how good the part is and how many people have it or have used it. But coming on here and saying "hey i need new forks, which ones are good" isnt going to get you far. I'll tell you why. You're never going to get a useful answer. Everyone is going to tell you the ones that are either on their bike, or tell you what brand to get that they like. So then you have a bunch of people throwing a bunch of different brand names at you, which doesnt help you much. Then people start arguing and brand bashing left and right, and that doesnt get you anywhere either. The only answer you will ever get is based on the person's PREFERENCE, or what they might think is trendy, or not trendy, and maybe hopefully THEIR EXPERIENCE WITH THE PART.

NARROW IT DOWN FOR US.
When im looking for parts, i look for reviews on them, bike checks, and then i will do a search for the part on a forum and see what people's feedback is on it. You also have to consider a price range and what style you like or maybe even color, as some parts only come in certain colors.

Coming on this forum and asking us to choose your parts gets you no where, unless you want what everyone else has. Do yourself a favor and get what YOU like, NOT EVERYONE ELSE, and then ask for advice or feedback on the part you want. It will help both YOU and ME. I usually dont respond to postings like the ones im talking about, but if you narrow it down, it is alot easier for me and others to help YOU. I doubt there is anyone on here that has EXPERIENCE with every part on the market, so therefore they wont be able to tell you "which one is the best", it's usually always a matter of personal preferance.
Sorry for ranting, but im annoyed when i try to help someone that wont help themselves or wont think for themselves. Thanx for reading, now go ride ur ass off!!!

|

If you wanna know about the TRUTH of the country and world we live in, watch these videos.
9/11 Press for Truth by Families of the Victims
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/
The Obama Deception
EndGame - Blueprint for Global Enslavement

1/2/2009 4:16 PM

I agree with yas,

I feel alot of people don't care which parts are best for them, they just want stuff that can make them look good on a forum.

I call these braggers forum whores

|

1/2/2009 4:20 PM

", i look for reviews on them"

what do you think asking around on these forums is? they're looking for reviews on parts. If you look on danscomp it won't tell you that the aaron ross sig grips wear down in 2 weeks or that demo hubs blow. that's why that ask on here, dip...

|

1/2/2009 4:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2009 4:35 PM

bmxiscool wrote:

what do you think asking around on these forums is? they're looking for reviews on parts. If you look on danscomp it won't tell you that the aaron ross sig grips wear down in 2 weeks or that demo hubs blow. that's why that ask on here, dip...

asking on a forum isnt a review.

and i hate when people get things because other people have them or like them. get things that suit you and your riding. not someone elses.

edit: to bmxiscool: half the time on these forums all you get is "it sucks" or "its amazing" thats some review.

|

1/2/2009 4:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2009 5:01 PM

bmxiscool wrote:

u obviously didnt read my post thouroughly. Asking what parts to get and not providing any to choose from is not a review, it's called being lazy. It's one thing to ask " what brands are popular" or "what parts do u guys trust", but not "what stem is good" or " what peg is the best", that is usually matter of personal preference.

|

If you wanna know about the TRUTH of the country and world we live in, watch these videos.
9/11 Press for Truth by Families of the Victims
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/
The Obama Deception
EndGame - Blueprint for Global Enslavement

1/2/2009 5:01 PM

yeah it would be better to narrow it down
like between two types of forks rather than
"what forks are good"
but it is always good to see what other people thought of
the part before buying it for yourself

|

all i doo is ride my bike
i dont give a fuck, shit

1/2/2009 5:29 PM

before i buy a part i ask on here if anybody has/had it so i dont buy a part that takes a lot of matinence or breaks easily
i hate people that say "what frame should i get" and dont name any frames
but people that say "should i get dak or s3.5" are okay

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

1/2/2009 6:05 PM

JustRideBMX wrote:

before i buy a part i ask on here if anybody has/had it so i dont buy a part that takes a lot of matinence or breaks easily
i hate people that say "what frame should i get" and dont name any frames
but people that say "should i get dak or s3.5" are okay

ya thats kinda what i do i foind something i like and then ill ask if its good

|

i done did got a federal now

1/2/2009 6:09 PM

homo

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

1/2/2009 6:11 PM

bitch tits

|

i done did got a federal now

1/2/2009 7:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 6:03 PM

General BMX Talk: Meaning we can talk about anything bmx related whether it be silly questions about bike parts or intelligent and meaningful questions about pro riders.

And I agree to some extent that there have been alot of topics on here with people asking "what parts or good" and it is slightly annoying but that is what VitalBMX and General BMX Talk were made for. If people are too lazy to do any research and post new topics everyday then so be it and skip to the next topic.

|

This message is brought to you by JonathanAllen.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
This is Red Panda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_panda

MOTW 5/17/2010 - 5/23/2010

1/2/2009 8:42 PM

hey I sometimes ask stuff like this, for instance the gyro question. I just never had a gyro before and wanted to know for sure what I needed and hopefully get which cables are best.

I guess all I can say is A) I'm sorry cool I don't know why I did it, or C) I love you
btw these are standard answers I give an angry girlfriend I will let you choose which one you want

|

1/2/2009 9:04 PM

you chill its easier and people get help quick from others who are really good with bmx shit and knowing about parts damn

|

1/2/2009 10:05 PM

why the hell is my option be a smiley face, me am mad now rraarrrr

|

1/3/2009 6:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 6:04 PM

I do agree, if you ask about things like basic parts (frames etc) put up a few different choices that you cannot pick between. If you have never had the part, it is ok to ask what all you need for it, to make it work properly. I too am tired of the posts "Where do i get this?" "What site is this on?" etc. when there is a post right below it that explains it all...

Some people should do their own research. It's half the fun of getting new parts!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura