Does anybody have any recommendations for park/dirt tires

Related:
Create New Tag

5/28/2014 3:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/28/2014 3:38 PM

I'm kinda new to bmx and I ride mostly park and dirt so based off that I was wondering if anybody has any tire recommendations

|

5/28/2014 3:32 PM

Mike aitkens tires are good.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

5/28/2014 3:36 PM

Aitken P-Lytes or nothing.

|

5/28/2014 3:57 PM

Flybikes ruben rampera all day.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

5/28/2014 3:59 PM

Demolition machete

|

5/28/2014 3:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/28/2014 4:05 PM

Odyssey Aitkens are probably the best dirt-specific tires. They are sweet on street and decent at park.

Fit FAF 2.25 are best street/park and are great (2nd best) for dirt. IMO #1 all terrain tire.

Fly Ruben Ramperas look like they function strikingly similar to FAF 2.25s, I would imagine they aren't noticeably different from them grip-wise. Seem like a nice tire to have.

Demolition Machetes seem nice for dirt specific due to their knobiness and hard compound, but I heard theyre pretty ehhh on street and park. Wouldnt run them personally.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

5/28/2014 4:07 PM

I run an Aitken up front and a path out back and it's the most all around setup I've had.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

5/28/2014 4:07 PM

Fly camperillos

|

5/28/2014 4:24 PM

Animal MTT

|

5/28/2014 5:20 PM

fly ruben rampera's for sure

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

5/28/2014 5:31 PM

chase hawk tires maybe. i have them and they are the best tires I've ever had. but i ride only street and park. but chase rides dirt a lot so i would trust them

|

5/28/2014 5:40 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Odyssey Aitkens are probably the best dirt-specific tires. They are sweet on street and decent at park.

Fit FAF 2.25 are best ...more

Wat. Faf is horrible on dirt if you don't buy the knobby. Absolute. Crap. Knobby is good, normal is not.

|

5/28/2014 5:43 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

Wat. Faf is horrible on dirt if you don't buy the knobby. Absolute. Crap. Knobby is good, normal is not.

I guess its a good thing I said "FAF 2.25" and not "FAF" then.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

5/28/2014 5:48 PM

CptnNick wrote:

chase hawk tires maybe. i have them and they are the best tires I've ever had. but i ride only street and park. but chase ...more

When u ride park or street do u have a problem with traction when it's a dirty or dusty surface

|

5/28/2014 7:20 PM

well i went to this new skatepark that was just build recently and i slid a little bit because it was so slippery but i think everyones tires were sliding there. but it was only like the street section of the park that it was noticeable. but on non slippery ass parks. those things grip like a motherfucker. even when the streets dusty or dirty. but i can't speak for dirt sorry. but if i were to come across some trails i would more than trust my hawks. but i also used to ride a odyssey path in the back and that was great for everything and i know that tire is good for dirt. so if you're in doubt maybe get a path in the back

|

5/28/2014 7:44 PM

At the moment im running kink velor up front and a e-comet rear and they grip perfectly. Grave diggers are great for dirt too

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

5/28/2014 8:26 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I guess its a good thing I said "FAF 2.25" and not "FAF" then.

Bad thing I'm an egotistical a-hole that has a hard time sucking up his pride and has a hard time admitting mistakes. Ok. Whoops.

|

5/29/2014 2:27 AM

honestly, I just ride whatever tires I get for free from friends/ whatever is cheapest for me to get at the local bike shop

people tend to wanna toss tires that still got plenty of tread on em... that's what I ride lol

don't help you much, just figured Id toss that in for ya to think about...

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

5/29/2014 8:06 AM

What about the cult dehart tire or the BSD Donnasqueak Tire, does anybody have any experience with them?

|

5/29/2014 8:16 AM

Demolition Machete!! 2.35 @ 75lbs
Photo

|

5/29/2014 8:16 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Fly camperillos

Not trying to jack but I know you like those maxxis grifters, I am hard on tires, are they thick? Do they wear out fast ?

|

5/29/2014 8:21 AM

S&M Mainline when they come out.

|

5/29/2014 8:39 AM

Fondue wrote:

When do they come out

|

5/29/2014 8:50 AM

Kenda Kontacts. Best all around tire.

Lol jut kidding. I heard the Odyssey Aitkens are good for pretty much everything.

|

IG: therealclintvessey

{\_/}
( • .•)
/-🚲

5/29/2014 8:54 AM

I've had deharts and I loved them for street. But those things slide like hell at park and I have no doubt they would slide all over the place on dirt

|

5/29/2014 8:59 AM

Fondue wrote:

KGlandis wrote:

When do they come out

Next month.

|

5/29/2014 12:30 PM

my favorites are;
KHE MAC Dirt on the front (2.25 I believe inflated)
fit FAF-k 2.25 rear
really light and due to the kevlar beads i seem to get a lot less punctures and unlike the other KHE tyres these seem to last well

|