Does anybody know what frame is this?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/23/2017 12:15 PM

Hi guys!

I'm trying to buy a new frame for a spare bike, and I need to keep it all as cheap as I can.
So I found this frame online for 30 bucs, but the guy wo's selling it has no idea what he's selling.

I asked for the TT, CS length and the BB type and he's given me the total length and width ... as if i'm buying furniture.
And he's not very cooperative, doesn't want to take more pictures...

So, would you guys know what frame this is or what kind of BB is that?
It looks like it has some cups in it..
Photo

Photo

|

4/23/2017 12:19 PM

That's a US bb, I recognise the frame but can't put my finger on what it is right now. Definitely mid school, so won't feel like a modern bike. Probably a 14" ish cs, and 20.5tt, that's what most frames were back then (or there abouts)

|

4/23/2017 12:48 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

That's a US bb, I recognise the frame but can't put my finger on what it is right now. Definitely mid school, so won't feel ...more

Many thanks Steve! :D
I thought it looks like a mid/old school frame :D

I want to use it for transportation, to pair it up with a topload stem and 9.5 bars, so it should feel pretty ok, right?
I'm asking because I never rode an old or mid school bike, but I've heard that they were better for cruising around, comfort wise.

|

4/23/2017 12:50 PM

It looks like a dyno / gt or a haro but I'm leaning towards a dyno.

|

4/23/2017 1:03 PM

If it was me I'd offer him half what he's asking, especially seeing as he doesn't know what it is, doesn't want to help you out by getting better pictures, Its an unknown frame etc etc, sure it could be a GT or DYNO or it could just be a cheap complete frame worth nothing.

I initially thought Dyno Compe, but there's a few differences after looking closer

|

4/23/2017 1:41 PM

I'm also leaning towards department store special...

|

4/23/2017 3:28 PM

Thanks guys :D

Told him I'll give only 15$ because he doesn't know what frame it is and I want to minimize my losses in case it's a shitty frame that I cannot use.

|

4/23/2017 3:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/23/2017 4:00 PM

It's a haro backtrail, or something very much like it. A lot of companies copied that style though. It's got to be an American bb. Probably 20.5 tt and long 14+ rear.

I just noticed grumpysteve said the same thing pretty much. I think it's got a 74 head tube as well

|

4/24/2017 1:36 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

It's a haro backtrail, or something very much like it. A lot of companies copied that style though. It's got to be an American ...more

Yeah, it looks exactly like a 2003 backtrail, with the exception of the upper CS bridge.

The guy accepted to give it for 15 bucks
Should I go for it?

|

4/24/2017 4:12 AM

If you're using it just for transportation I'd get a bigger bike

|

It’s all bmx

4/24/2017 5:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/24/2017 5:36 AM

Yeah I actually don't think it is a backtrail, because of that bridge, but what a rip off. Get some original ideas bike companies, damn.
It also looks like it may be polished aluminum, not chrome or raw. If it's not a haro, I wouldn't bother...

|

4/25/2017 12:29 PM

Yeah, I'm not getting it.
Those are 15 bucks that I can use to get something legit.

Thanks again guys!

|

4/25/2017 7:07 PM

Kinda looks like it is a Redline frame-they did basically a Backtrail knock off for a couple years.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/26/2017 12:05 AM

Nirve is the first thing I thought of

|

Dax in NYC
MD & Flatland rider

4/26/2017 5:03 AM

Yeah could be a redline. I've seen mongoose frames like that too. There's a few that look almost identical to the backtrail.

|