Does anyone actually do this?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/8/2013 7:08 PM

My son's 10th B-day present came Tuesday.  A 2013 Kink Whip. $255 shipped.  I had him put it together with me. 

https://www.danscomp.com/products/102158/2013_Kink_Whip_Bike.html

The box says that it must be assembled by a mechanic. The web site says:

NOTE: To insure that every component on your bicycle is working properly, Dans Comp recommends that all Kink BMX Bikes be assembled by a qualified mechanic. Improper assembly of your bicycle may lead to premature wear or failure of individual components such as headsets, crank assembly and wheels. Failure to do so may void the manufacturer warranty.

My questions are:  Has anyone actually had a mechanic assemble their bike? Has anyone tried to use the warrantee and had them ask for proof of who assembled it.?

|

8/8/2013 7:09 PM

That's for legal issue. No one follows it

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

8/8/2013 7:26 PM

future FBM wrote:

That's for legal issue. No one follows it

this.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/8/2013 7:42 PM

How does he like the bike? Did he seem excited to ride it? haha does he show promise in doing tricks? haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/8/2013 7:47 PM

take pictures so you an prove it was put together right, so if you ever have to warrite it you wont have issues

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

8/8/2013 7:51 PM

I did lol I put the exact bike except the 2012 toghether then took it apart and let my lbs assemble it again. I used to have zero money and I had to take my rear wheel to a bike shop to warranty it once. They wouldnt let me warranty it on my own no idea why.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

8/8/2013 8:31 PM

Not rocket science fran. Now putting the chain on with some tools that is hard but i mean everything else is pretty easy but then there is lacing wheels i don't get how to do it. I think it's better not spending money and learning from your mistakes and if you're not sure you are doing it right just youtube it or something.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

8/8/2013 8:41 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

How does he like the bike? Did he seem excited to ride it? haha does he show promise in doing tricks? haha

Yeah he really likes it. He was excited to ride it right after we put it together even though it was kind of late.

As far as tricks... He jumps our smal ramps but is not that into tricks yet.

My five year old is much more aggressive. He's been doing small junps since he was three. He can ride very short wheelies, very short one footed manuals, pretty good bunny hops, kick outs and pretty big jumps for a little guy.

He can bunny hop over over a skate board and a break in the sidewalk filled with rocks that is about three feet.

He's always riding standing on his seat, both feet on one pedal or no hands for a really long way, even standing up and can turn.

|