Does anyone here read?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/9/2010 6:30 PM

Does anyone here read at all? BMX-related or otherwise?

I'm blown away by Cormac McCarthy, author of No Country for Old Men.

Just wondering.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.

5/9/2010 6:31 PM

i don't read very often due to being so busy with school
but i do have a few favorite books (The Road by Cormac McCarthy being one of them)

|

5/9/2010 6:31 PM

no

|

you tryin to throw hands?
fuck trends
it feels like a piece of metal secks between your legs
i ride street cuz im not into trannys

5/9/2010 6:32 PM

no

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

BMXFU

Loading Haters
█████████████ 99%
Complete

nope

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

i don't read very often due to being so busy with school
but i do have a few favorite books (The Road by Cormac McCarthy being one of them)

Yes, holy shit, The Road was the first book I read by him, hooked me. I just bought 6 new books, 5 of them Cormac Mccarthy ones.

|

5/9/2010 6:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/9/2010 6:34 PM

yes. fuck american lit class we have sooooo many stupid books lolxz

|

crystal meth

5/9/2010 6:36 PM

tibug wrote:

Yes, holy shit, The Road was the first book I read by him, hooked me. I just bought 6 new books, 5 of them Cormac Mccarthy ones.

i have seen the movie no country for old men and i enjoyed it, so i would imagine the book is better than the movie

have you seen the movie for The Road? i thought it was pretty good. for the most part i thought it stayed pretty true to the book, and the parts where it did stray from the book, it didn't really effect anything in a negative way

|

5/9/2010 6:38 PM

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

i have seen the movie no country for old men and i enjoyed it, so i would imagine the book is better than the movie

have you seen the movie for The Road? i thought it was pretty good. for the most part i thought it stayed pretty true to the book, and the parts where it did stray from the book, it didn't really effect anything in a negative way

Nah, I've never seen any of the movies based off McCarthy's novels...I really want to though.

|

5/9/2010 6:39 PM

tibug wrote:

Nah, I've never seen any of the movies based off McCarthy's novels...I really want to though.

ahhh you have to watch those two!

|

5/9/2010 6:41 PM

If it's really good I will but most of the time, I just wait for the movie.

|

I usually only read to educate myself on something. But I did start reading 'The Road' about a year ago... I was really into it, but then I just stopped reading it. I'm still only about 75% through. I just can't bring myself to read something when I know I could be doing something more important. But thats just my opinion. I find reading much like watching TV. And whenever I watch TV I'm always doing something else at the same time, and that's impossible while reading a story.

|

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

tibug wrote:

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

ahhh you have to watch those two!

I still have to read No Country for old men too....I'm just finishing up All the Pretty horses which is wicked good Mexico set novel...first in a trilogy.

|

5/9/2010 6:43 PM

OF MICE AND MEN

but I'm actually reading a 700 page book about al capone because I'm into the 20's/30's time era

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

5/9/2010 6:44 PM

Plans4Ramps wrote:

I usually only read to educate myself on something. But I did start reading 'The Road' about a year ago... I was really into it, but then I just stopped reading it. I'm still only about 75% through. I just can't bring myself to read something when I know I could be doing something more important. But thats just my opinion. I find reading much like watching TV. And whenever I watch TV I'm always doing something else at the same time, and that's impossible while reading a story.

I gotcha.

The Road is amazing though...very depressing actually, but I couldn't put it down. Awesome book.

|

tibug wrote:

I still have to read No Country for old men too....I'm just finishing up All the Pretty horses which is wicked good Mexico set novel...first in a trilogy.

hmm i actually think i've seen all the pretty horses
i didn't even know it was based of a mccarthy novel

|

yes

|

MOTW 10/18/10 - 10/24/10
MOTM- April 2011
youtube channel: *SUBSCRIBE PLEASE* http://www.youtube.com/user/MrEod1214?feature=mhum
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @eoin_666

5/9/2010 6:47 PM

rarely... even in school haha

|

R.I.P. COMPTON
E-mail:chrisschmall@yahoo.com
Refs:chadr, spikez5, umpgotti, brenden1207

First MOTM 12/2010

5/9/2010 6:49 PM

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

hmm i actually think i've seen all the pretty horses
i didn't even know it was based of a mccarthy novel

With Matt Damon I think...My dad told me about it. So far, it's wicked good though.

|

5/9/2010 6:53 PM

tibug wrote:

With Matt Damon I think...My dad told me about it. So far, it's wicked good though.

yee

hmmm i might have to read it once school is over
tomorrow is my last final for the semester...so i might have to go to the library to check it out

|

5/9/2010 6:58 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

OF MICE AND MEN

but I'm actually reading a 700 page book about al capone because I'm into the 20's/30's time era

i just read of mice and men and i read alot of james patterson

|

I ride street. tongue

get amaon gift cards or money sent to your paypal for free! http://www.rebelbucks.com/?ref=yaya2893-0

5/9/2010 7:06 PM

I read "The Last Lecture" a while back, as well as the Slash Biography. Both are super good.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/9/2010 7:10 PM

John Grisham

|

5/9/2010 7:54 PM

Yeah I read, mostly for my ap lit class though, I'm currently reading 1984. Reallyy good book in my opinion

|

Formerly easternbmx55
Dave Lawrence: "Pot is like the lazy retarded cousin of drugs. No one cares, they just give him a ball and he's happy on his own."
Refs: CGCaps, Fede/bmx1, Nmyersomg, Meowmoo68, baldkenn626, the balt
BIKE CHECK
How To Re-Cover A Seat

5/9/2010 8:09 PM

My brain forgot how to read.

|

MY NAME IS NOLAN, NOT JIM
MOTW 06/28/10 - 07/04/10
Refs: spikez5, dallybiker45

5/9/2010 8:11 PM

tuesdays with morriesmile

|

another day, another dollar

5/9/2010 8:15 PM

im gona buy grapes of wrath soon, start reading it when i have time, i like history and probly gona be a history teacher when i get older

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

5/9/2010 8:17 PM

we just got done reading "macbeth" in british literature. i normally dont like shakespears plays, but this is by far one of my favorite reads.

|

dont think of it as rape, think of it as surprise sex. and who doesnt love a surprise?